• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE: Monarch Grand Vacations Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMJ2u

Reaction score
- Monarch Grand Vacations Points (now owned by Diamond Resorts International)
- Maintenance fee - $35 per quarter

This ad is for 72 Monarch Grand Vacations(MGV) points. MGV was sold to Diamond Resorts International(DRI) and now the equivalent DRI points 4320 are available for use with DRI.

My wife and I would rather vacation differently and so we would like to give our points away! We'll even pay the transfer fees.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will be extremely lucky to find someone to take this off your hands for free. My suggestion is to do a deedback to DRI. They were taking these back by the bucketload in the past 12 months. I think the cost was $250. No hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMJ2u

Reaction score
You will be extremely lucky to find someone to take this off your hands for free. My suggestion is to do a deedback to DRI. They were taking these back by the bucketload in the past 12 months. I think the cost was $250. No hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wall: we've tried, but diamond says the same thing every time. Just got this from them today:

"Diamond Resorts International® does not have a voluntary surrender program, a buyback department, nor do we assist in selling a member’s Vacation Ownership Property. You can always visit the useful referral website ARDA.org; which can assist you in possible resale information. We do assist in the paperwork required to do a transfer of ownership if you have someone who is willing to take over the contract and the financial obligations."

Bill4728

Reaction score
:wall: we've tried, but diamond says the same thing every time. Just got this from them today:

"Diamond Resorts International® does not have a voluntary surrender program, a buyback department, nor do we assist in selling a member’s Vacation Ownership Property. You can always visit the useful referral website ARDA.org; which can assist you in possible resale information. We do assist in the paperwork required to do a transfer of ownership if you have someone who is willing to take over the contract and the financial obligations."

The email you got from DRI is not true!!! That is standard Email they sent to everyone who want to give back their DRI TS.

Here is the info from TUG

The financial dept apparently Voluntary Surrender Program:

In order to qualify, the HOA (MFs) must be up-to-date and the owner must have a zero balance on the loan.

To start this process, the owner must send an email to: lossmitigation@diamondresorts.com with the subject line stating: Inventory Takeback.

In the email itself the owner must include:
-Resort Name
-Owner(s) Name(s)
-Account Number
-Inventory owned (ie. weeks, points, etc)
-any other important information regarding the deed

more than a hundred people here on TUG have deeded back their TS to DRI in the past year. They are still doing this as of just a few weeks ago

Be sure to send your email to the correct email address and be sure to enclose a reason why you need to deed back your TS ( like health, age, financial problems ect )

Good Luck

Ndjsg

Reaction score
Do you know the month and year (odd or even) you receive your points?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Do you know the month and year (odd or even) you receive your points?
The OP has not been back to TUG since posting in July. You can click on the blue user name and send an email to him.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Glad you were successful!

Status
Not open for further replies.