• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Hawaii Timeshare [Sweetwater in Waikiki]

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I have a neat little timeshare that I bought several years ago. It is Sweetwater in Waikiki , a block from the beach. 1 BR. It is a VRI resort and can be traded through them, but I have always used RCI to trade it. It can also trade through II. It is a rotating week, preassigned, last week was June, next year is October 21st, the following year is March 3rd, then June 29th and they get pushed farther one week each time. Maintenance last year was $547 and is not expected to go up much next year. Last year's week got 45 TPU. Per the calculator, the 2017 week is worth 39 and the 2018 week is worth 42.

Next MF is due by 12/31/16 for the October 2017 week.

There are no outstanding liens, fees or special assessments.

New owner will be responsible for closing costs, and resort transfer fee of $100.
VRI recommends a closing company for Hawaii, but they charge $383 not including the transfer fee. I am sure the closing can be done much cheaper through another agency.

Free to a good home. I acquired another one through the generosity of a fellow TUGGER and have to lighten my portfolio.

Last edited:

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still available. Cheap way to stay in Hawaii, or a good value trader.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Post #1 says it's a one bedroom:
It is Sweetwater in Waikiki , a block from the beach. 1 BR.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, 1BR, sleeps 4.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think this LT Transfers is a cheaper company. They are also very responsive. I am planning to use them to give away by Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, deeded floating week. My posting is still active!

L.T. Transfers
Lisa Short and Mary Pless
www.lttransfers.com
readylegal@gmail.com

Yes, we just used them for another unit and they were reasonable and gave great service.

This unit is still available!

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still available!

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
I think we've stayed here in the hawaiian sun portion and it was just fine for us and recently remodeled, but it seems the units are differently managed? Have you stayed there? is it a fixed unit or can you request a view? how are they updated? what kind of amenities does sweetwater give (parking, wifi, laundry, etc?)?

Does the 1 bedroom have a murphy bed in the family room (as the hawaiian sun did)?

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think we've stayed here in the hawaiian sun portion and it was just fine for us and recently remodeled, but it seems the units are differently managed? Have you stayed there? is it a fixed unit or can you request a view? how are they updated? what kind of amenities does sweetwater give (parking, wifi, laundry, etc?)?

Does the 1 bedroom have a murphy bed in the family room (as the hawaiian sun did)?

I have never stayed there, just used it for exchanging. It is a fixed unit that rotates weeks.
This unit has been spoken for. We are in the process of transferring title.:banana: