• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free EOY Even Sheraton Desert Oasis Scottsdale, AZ 1BR Weeks 1-52

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Desert Oasis 1 Bedroom Villa, EOY Even Float Weeks 1-52 in Scottsdale, AZ. Red season. Listed in RCI and II. Next door to Tournament Players Club, location of PGA Phoenix Open. 2017 fees are paid - $350.38. First use is 2018. New owner pays transfer costs (estimated at $175.00).

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Desert Oasis 1 Bedroom Villa, EOY Even Float Weeks 1-52 in Scottsdale, AZ. Red season. Listed in RCI and II. Next door to Tournament Players Club, location of PGA Phoenix Open. 2017 fees are paid - $350.38. First use is 2018. New owner pays transfer costs (estimated at $175.00).
Still Available

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This unit is a STRONG trader in II. Previous trades with this unit are Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas 2 BR, Maui, HI; Marriott's Oceana Palms 2BR, Palm Beach Shores, FL; Hyatt Residence Club, Bonita Plantation 2 BR, Bonita Springs, FL; Grand Residences by Marriott Lake Tahoe 1 BR + Studio, South Lake Tahoe, CA.
Low maintenance fee of $350.38 per year for EOY Even use.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista / Harbour Lake
This unit is a STRONG trader in II. Previous trades with this unit are Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas 2 BR, Maui, HI; Marriott's Oceana Palms 2BR, Palm Beach Shores, FL; Hyatt Residence Club, Bonita Plantation 2 BR, Bonita Springs, FL; Grand Residences by Marriott Lake Tahoe 1 BR + Studio, South Lake Tahoe, CA.
Low maintenance fee of $350.38 per year for EOY Even use.

Wow, $700 MF gets you a week at Oceana Palms? Even my Marriott F&F rate is $1375 with tax, if you're even able to string together 7 straight nights (usually only Summertime). Winter time, forget about it.

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was last summer, the exchange was around 5 weeks prior to the stay. We loved it!

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It was last summer, the exchange was around 5 weeks prior to the stay. We loved it!
Yeah, I can imagine. Oceana Palms is #1/#2 MVCI in Florida...Rooms are gorgeous as are the views.

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can imagine. Oceana Palms is #1/#2 MVCI in Florida...Rooms are gorgeous as are the views.
Just for fun, I checked this morning to see if it currently shows any exchanges there.
I can see a 2BR week available for Dec.1, 2017.

Last edited:

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just for fun, I checked this morning to see if it currently shows any exchanges there.
I can see a 2BR week available for Dec.1, 2017.
So someone who has a 2 Br for Dec 1st @ Oceana Palms wants your 2018 Sheraton 1 Bedroom?

Oceana Palms F&F rate is $1500 including tax for that week..someone on Redweek has the following week for $2k available.

I'd say that's a pretty awesome trade given your $700 MF!!!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
No - with an exchange company, you deposit your reservation in the exchange company inventory, and choose the exchange you want. It is not a direct unit-for-unit exchange.

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
No - with an exchange company, you deposit your reservation in the exchange company inventory, and choose the exchange you want. It is not a direct unit-for-unit exchange.
Thanks Denise!
And with Vistana you "Designate your unit for exchange in Interval International" and use it to search, but you do not actually give up your unit until you execute an exchange. If you decide before that week expires that you would rather use your unit, you can "pull it back" from Interval International and use it (assuming that your resort (Sheraton Desert Oasis in this case) has weeks available to reserve).

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
So someone who has a 2 Br for Dec 1st @ Oceana Palms wants your 2018 Sheraton 1 Bedroom?

Oceana Palms F&F rate is $1500 including tax for that week..someone on Redweek has the following week for $2k available.

I'd say that's a pretty awesome trade given your $700 MF!!!
It is awesome, but there's actually more cost than just $700. You have annual dues for II which are $89 and the cost of the exchange (I think it was $189), so ($350.38 x 2)+($89 x 2)+$189=$1067.76.
Additionally, II has recently starting charging $99 for a unit size upgrade (i.e. 1BR to 2BR, so today it would cost a total of $1166.76. Still a pretty amazing deal for a Marriott Category 8 property that sleeps 8.

Last edited:

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ah so $189 for the ability to exchange and then $99 upgrade fee...interesting.

I didn't include the II dues since you only pay them once, not per unit and most of us have/will have multiple timeshares so those fees get paid regardless (By November I'll have 2 marriott units so I'll already be paying the II annual fees).

So it would be about $1000 exchanging your free unit to a Marriott that would cost most people $1500+..(savings of $500/year by owning your free timeshare).

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still available. 2018 maintenances fees have been paid, so new owner does not pay any maintenance fees until 2019.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still available. 2018 maintenances fees have been paid, so new owner does not pay any maintenance fees until 2019.
So you booked 2018 usage or now you're including free usage? (its even year right, not odd on this one?)

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not familiar with timeshare trades within Sheraton, but how hard is it to get the week for the WM golf tournament?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You can make a home resort reservation 12 mos. before check-in. For a prime week, you will want to make the reservation online when the reservation window opens at midnight, to secure it.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So you booked 2018 usage or now you're including free usage? (its even year right, not odd on this one?)

Per the posts above:
EOY Even Float Week.
First use is 2018.
2018 maintenances fees have been paid, so new owner does not pay any maintenance fees until 2019.

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This unit is no longer available.