• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free - Clover Ridge (Could be) 73,000 RCI Points

ladixson

TUG Member
Reaction score
3 Bedrooms
2 Baths
Fixed week 26 (most years this is over 4th of July), and is in the very limited red week category for this property.
Not a lockout
Managed by VRI
Recently updated
2016 Maintenance fees were $651 and paid to date.
It is in Panora, IA (about 45 minutes west of Des Moines)

Even if your not interested in a Timeshare in IA, read on as this is an incredibly versatile property!

It can be traded in Trading Places. There is no membership fee and exchange fees are pretty low. You can upgrade the membership to split the week where you stay at one resort for 3 days and at another resort for 4 days (they do not have to be consecutive) for one exchange fee. Since this is a 3 bedroom in red week, it will get you pretty much everything they have in inventory!

It can be deposited into RCI weeks. It gets 21-22 TPUs (which I'm not entirely sure, but I think this is the worst option for this timeshare!)

It can be converted into 73,000 RCI points. If you do not have a RCI points account, the entire conversion would cost $500. I think it would be less if you already have a points account because you wouldn't have to pay the membership fee. There is one other caveat on converting to points. There is a fee every 3 years from VRI to keep the property as points. I think that fee is $89 every 3 years. Even with the $89 every three years, this is still below the one penny per point ratio (which equals a great maintenance fee to point ratio).

I think this property can also be traded in II, but I'm not entirely sure.

If you want to rent the property, VRI will do it for you and send you a check.

I stayed at the property last summer during my week and it was clean and updated. We had a great time for the week!

Buyer to pay all closing and transfer costs. I suggest using LT Transfers and I'm not sure if there is even a resort transfer fee.

Last edited: