• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free!! 2bd near Orlando theme prks - Barefoot'n in Keys incl 109,000 RCI pnts

cjxj

Reaction score
As in the title, A real bargain for a 2bed unit very close to the major Orlando theme parks! Next use year is 2017, BUT we're including 109,000 banked points that you will have fun using before the next wave of 67,000 comes in...

- Barefoot'n in the Keys - at Old Town. (website is https://www.diamondresorts.com/Barefoot'n-Resort)
- By Diamond Resorts Intl (800 463 7256)
- Every other year (odd years)
- Floating
- 67k RCI points/use year!
- The second bedroom has a lockout.

Located in Kissimmee by Olde Town (looks pretty cool online)
Walt Disney World®, Universal Orlando®, and SeaWorld Orlando® are only minutes away.

- We will include 109,000 banked RCI points (unless we use some before we sell ;>) ).
- 2016 maint fees are already paid.
- We will pay closing costs with reputable firm recommended here such as LT Transfers.
- We will pay Resort transfer fee.
- NO Maintenance fees till 2017.
- Maint Fees $523/yr

We will still have another RCI timeshare, hence won't be transferring our actual RCI account. If you don't have an RCI account, you will need to set one up to recieve points and manage trades.

To be honest, we've never stayed at the property and our recollections of details have faded a bit from our tour when we purchased. I guess we must have been pretty impressed, because we immediately plonked down quite a bit of money to get in... Pls check website for general info and/or call Diamond Resorts (800 463 7256) for specifics on the resort.

Initially we just used the points to go a bunch of different places. Then parents/grandparents and other family members moved into this area and insist on putting us up when we visit.

In any event, if you have questions, I'll try to answer the best I can. Cheers!

Last edited:

connect1

TUG Member
Reaction score
interested

Are the RCI points available every other year? Maintenance due every year?
Do you have a week at the resort plus the points? Or do you exchange the week for additional points?
Of the 109,000 RCI points banked when do those expire?
Thank you

Last edited:

cjxj

Reaction score
Good questions.
67000 points are automatically added in the use year, i.e every odd year. No points are added on even years, so the next time points will be added is 2017.

Of the 109000 points, 42,000 will actually expire 7/31/16.
The other 67000 were added 8/1/15. They are good for 2 years with the option of paying a fee to extend for another year.

Thanks

cjxj

Reaction score
Maintenance fees are due each year.

You can book a week at this resort, or receive the points. Not both. The points relate to the value of the week at this resort as determined by RCI. From our experience, most places we've gone for a week have requried less than 67k points. For example, we had planned to spend a week in Cabo San Lucas in April of this year (now cancelled) and it would have used only 46k

Another thing I meant to note: Real estate tax was $36 for 2016 and this year they charged an addional a $77 for "replacement reserves" whatever that is.

thanks.

railbird

Reaction score
so just so I understand.l

every other year, you can use the resort. the other year you get points. And those points can be used any year for other resorts?

Also, is it a 2 bed unit or 2 bedroom unit. And finally does it have a specific week assoiciated with it?

Chris Hill
[phone number removed to protect your privacy]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Please click on cjxj's blue user name to send them an email.