*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Florida Quit Claim Deed--How?

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by herschel53, Feb 14, 2009.

1. herschel53

herschel53 Guest

One of the Vistana units that my wife and I own is jointly owned with her sister and (now) ex-husband. We have decided that we want to sell this unit. The ex-husband relinquished any ownership right in the divorce settlement, but his name remains on the deed. Can anyone tell me how to obtain a Florida quit-claim deed and how to go about using this to remove the ex-husband from the deed so that we can sell this unit without further complications?
    Feel free to reply directly to rsrobins53 ATSIGN hotmail.com.
    Thanks!

2. AwayWeGo

AwayWeGo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Timeshare Transfer Inc., Etc.

I'm pretty sure that the professional timeshare closing service agencies all know how to take care of situations like that -- Timeshare Transfer Inc. & Timeshare Closing Services Inc. & JRA Services Inc., etc.

Good luck.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA. ​

3. Dave H

Dave H TUG Member

Actually Alan, in the State of Florida and many other states, the preparation of a deed that is not being insured by title insurance is considered the practice of law and an attorney licensed and admitted to the bar in that state is who is supposed to be preparing those deeds.

I sent the poster and email with someone they can call on Monday that is a Florida Attorney that can prepare the deed for a reasonable cost.

JRA would be able to as well as they have an attorney on staff, but the other 2 to my knowledge do not have a Florida admitted attorney on staff.

Dave

4. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    Sheraton Vistana Villages Bella
    I was going to mention JRA as well, their fee is reasonable and as far as I know they have an attorney on staff.

5. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I respectfully disagree...

In every one of the numerous FL timeshare transacations handled for me by Timeshare Transfer, Inc. of Vero Beach, FL in recent years as both buyer and seller (about 8 individual transactions in total), Attorney John E. Banks, Jr., Esq. has signed all of the Timeshare Transfer documents. On each and every such closing document package, the following appears pre-printed upon on the cover page, quoted only in relevant part, but verbatim:

"The transfer of Real Property creates legal rights and legal obligations. John E. Banks, Jr., Attorney at Law, is licensed to practice law in the state of Florida and represents...."

Sure seems like involvement of a "Florida admitted attorney" to me...:shrug:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  6. Dave H

Dave H TUG Member

Hence why I said to my knowledge.....

7. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I'm going to be heretical here and say that, actually, if you or someone you know is adept at copying documents, you can likely DIY. Go online to find a Florida QCD form or sample from some outfit like www.nolo.com, and insert the pertinent information from the deed you hold with his name as Grantor.

The ex-relative needs to sign the deed b4 two witnesses & notary (the notary can also be a witness), with names printed below the signatures. Then call the the public records department of the County Clerk where the resort is located for recording instructions and fees.