*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Florida Atty General goes after Upfront Fee Companies!!

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by TUGBrian, Nov 2, 2009.

1. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

Hopefully this new law will have some teeth! Kudos to him, I hope this becomes a regular sort of announcement on TUG!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2009
  2. l2trade

l2trade TUG Member

Great news! Thank you Attorney General Bill McCollum! Big kudos to all who help expose these crooks. This gives me hope. It's awesome to be able to search Tug to find warning about these all too common scams and become a much more informed timeshare user. We have some truly dedicated, caring and honest people moderating these boards. Thank you!

3. winbett

winbett TUG Member

I hope this opens up a new string of complaints to get rid of the rest of the crooks in the same buiness, maybe the phone at supper time might just start to quiet down. Good Work

4. carl2591

carl2591 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

have anyone sent a message to Sandi Copes letting them know TUG is online and this press release is very important news to those that have gotten scammed by this and other up front fees companies out there.. they could have a field day on this alone...

did they actually send this to you bryan or did you just happen to pick this up on the wire service..

good news none the less..

this is worthy of a front page special I think.

might be time to upgrade the homepage with special "must see" section that highlights special stuff like this press release from the attorney general of florida office..

just a thought and no I don't have a good idea how to make it happen :bawl:

5. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

came on one of my web alerts, as well as through individuals who sent it to me in email.

I attempted to email the author of the article, but the email bounced.

6. tiredofripedoff

tiredofripedoff Guest

Nationwide Marketing Is A Scam!!!!

THIS IS THE OWNER OF NATIONWIDE MARKETING SOLUTIONS AND MAGNUM ADVERTISING IN SOUTH FLORIDA.THEY KEEP MOVING THEIR OFFICES FROM LAKE WORTH TO SUNRISE FLORIDA AND BACK WHENEVER THEY GET HOT.LOOK HELMUT UP ON PALM BEACH COUNTY JAIL.HE IS THERE UNDER NO BOND.BUT HIS THUGS ARE RUNNING THE BUSINESS FOR HIM.SO IF HE RIPPED YOU OFF CALL THE PALM BEACH COUNTY POLICE AND ASK FOR THE DETETIVE IN CHARGE OF HIS CASE.FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME FOR ANYMORE INFO.HELMUT IS ALSO BEING HELD ON A FEW DRUG CHARGES NOW.......

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2009
  7. JMAESD84

JMAESD84 TUG Member

Ummm if this is street justice for someone with a customer service complaint at a hair salon.

I wonder what kind of street justice you get for defrauding folks out of tens of thousands of dollars? In my opinion, creeps like this deserve everything they've got coming to them.

8. jtg

jtg Guest

How do I email you? I wanted to see about Helmut Goellnitz the owner of those companies.

9. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

10. marines2182

marines2182 Guest

Lies & Fabrication

The former staff of Nationwide Marketing Solutions did NOT continue with the operations on behalf of Helmut Goellnitz. That is a blatent lie! I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT! I have nothing to gain nor lose, by submitting this post. Get your facts straight before you post non-factual remarks! Clearly you have an ax to grind with Goellnitz, however, these statements are a fabrication.

11. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Welcome to TUG - your claim would have a lot more weight if you would introduce yourself and tell us how you know this information.

12. marines2182

marines2182 Guest

Nationwide Lies & Fabrication

I would be honored to, however I do not want my good name associated with this mess on the internet. Surely you can understand. :) I will say my statements are 100% factual because I have dealings with all parties being spoken of.

I can speculate the person making the fictious posts are a disgruntled ex-partner of Goellnitz's from mid-2009, but I do not have proof of that. She is however, leaving sladerous posts on every other forum so one would think this is her again. (as it is the exact same statements & claims)

13. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

So what brings you to TUG and to that particular post, which is a couple weeks old?

14. marines2182

marines2182 Guest

The search engine Google while attempting to look up the status of Goellnitz's case. When I came across this tid bit of fictous information I felt the need to state the truth.

15. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

What is the status of Goellnitz's case?

16. marines2182

marines2182 Guest

status

No change yet, from what I can see.

17. tiredofripedoff

tiredofripedoff Guest

SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO DEFEND YOURSELF AND HELMUT.I KNOW ALOT MORE THAN YOU THINK I DO AND HAVE FACTS TO PROVE IT BEGINING WITH THE ARTICLES THAT I POSTED SINCE IT IS FACTS OUT OF NEWSPAPERS.BUT IF ANYBODY FEELS THAT THEY WAS CHEATED OR DEFRAUDED BY HELMUT OR ANY OF HIS FRIENDS PARTNERS OR THUGS....CALL OR WRITE THE U.S DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE BUREAU OF ALCOHOL,TOBACCO,FIREARMS AND EXPLOSIVES AT 505 S. FLAGLER DRIVE SUITE 402 WEST PALM BEACH FL.33401 OR PHONE 561-623-4200 OR FAX 561-623-4201.ASK FOR SPECIAL AGENT HUGH O'CONNOR...........SO DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY ABOUT MY POST WITH ANY FACTS.AND YES HELMUT GOELLNITZ IS STILL IN JAIL UNDER NO BOND AT THE WEST PALM BEACH COUNTY JAIL AND ANYBODY CAN LOOK AT POSTINGS ALL OVER THE INTERNET ABOUT PEOPLE STILL BEING RIPPED OFF BY HIS COMPANIES EVEN AFTER HIM BEING ARRESTED SO YES HIS COMPANY IS STILL RUNNING.FEELING GUILTY??

18. marines2182

marines2182 Guest

I have nothing to defend of myself, thank you. Nor was I defending Goellnitz. I was simply stating the facts. Clearly you cannot comprehend my English. I will say what I was referring to again so you can understand... First and foremost, what I was referring to has nothing to do with your statements above other than your persistent accusation that his former staff is "still ripping people off".

Again the former staff of Nationwide Marketing Solutions did NOT continue with the operations on behalf of Helmut Goellnitz. That is a blatant lie! I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT! I have nothing to gain nor lose, by submitting this post. Get your facts straight before you post non-factual remarks! Clearly you have an ax to grind with Goellnitz, however, these statements are a fabrication.

Hopefully you can now comprehend this.

Lastly, you clearly do not know have a clue to whom you are speaking to as you are asking me if I am "feeling guilty?" More false accusations from you. Thank god, I did not post my name. As this is the very insanity to what I was referring to about having MY good name involved in this mess. False accusations from people like you.

19. tiredofripedoff

tiredofripedoff Guest

Nationwide Scam

FOR SOMEBODY THAT HAS ALOT OF FACTS BUT CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING SURE SOUNDS LIKE JUST MORE B.S. TRYING TO COVER UP FOR A COMPANY.IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO START POSTING NAMES OF EMPLOYEES OF NATIONWIDE AND THIER LONG LIST OF FELONY CHARGES THAT THEY ARE ON PROBATION FOR AT THIS MOMENT AND THE NAMES AND PHONE NUMBERS OF THEIR PROBATION OFFICERS I WILL.............AND BY THE WAY MAGNUM ADVERTISING,NATIONWIDE MARKETING THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.SO IF ANYBODY WOULD LIKE ALL THE INFORMATION JUST LET ME KNOW.FEELING GUILTY WAS A QUESTION NOT AN ACCUSATION.SO MAYBE YOU NEED TO READ AND UNDERSTAND.LIKE I SAID I KNOW ALOT MORE THAN YOU THINK.SO IF YOU HAVE ANY FACTS BESIDES THAT YOU KNOW THIS FOR SURE JUST POST THEM.AND IF YOU ARE A LEGAL PERSON DOING THE RIGHT THING THEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT DRAGGING YOUR NAME DOWN...RIGHT????

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  20. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

tiredofripped off and marines2182 - to be quite honest, the rest of us don't know what you are talking about, so if you just want to bicker, you should take it to email.

If you have specific factual information to share, we'd be glad to hear it.

21. tiredofripedoff

tiredofripedoff Guest

I AM NOT BICKERING I AM STATING FACTS ABOUT A RIP OFF RESALE COMPANY AND I THINK THAT IS WHAT THIS POST STARTED ABOUT AND I TOLD MY FACTS ABOUT A COMPANY AND WHO TO CALL IF YOU WAS RIPPED OFF BY THEM.DID YOU READ THE ARTICLE?DID YOU LOOK UP HELMUT GOELLNITZ THE OWNER OF MAGNUM ADVERTISING AND NATIONWIDE MARKETING SOLUTIONS?IF YOU DID THEN YOU WILL SEE WHAT IS BEING TALKED ABOUT.AND I AM OFFERING TO TELL PEOPLE HOW TO GET THEIR MONEY BACK.SO IF THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR HELPING PEOPLE TALK AND WARN OTHERS BEFORE THEY GET RIPPED OFF PLEASE LET ME KNOW.....

22. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

I did read the info. you posted - thank you for posting. Were you one of the victim's of this company?

What I am referring to is the posts back and forth between you and marines2182. It would be better to do that by email.

Also - may I make a gentle suggestion that you not type in all caps? It's considered "shouting" when you type in all caps on the internet.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  23. Pit

Pit TUG Member

Can you learn to use the Shift key. It's difficult to read all caps.

24. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

and its no longer a suggestion, stop typing in all caps.

25. tiredofripedoff

tiredofripedoff Guest

is that better for you?it is hard to type with my typing hand in a cast.so i hope its not a problem!!!!!!!