• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First available did work (after a fashion)

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I tried searching for first available and did get results after a fashion. I went to the orange book button. I typed in a resort (Cypress Palms) and left the rest blank. It showed one result (Cypress Palms) and I clicked on the "view availability blue button". Then it asked me to select a unit. I chose 2 bedroom deluxe. Then it took me to the June calendar. No availability. I went to July. Only several 1 nights were available. So I went on to August. Lots of availability. So I could see that August 3 is the first day with availability for more than one day. Lots of steps, very ponderous. But it did work.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It is the ponderous that I have a HUGE issue with. Are they trying to make it so we can't find inventory easily or are they just stupid and have no idea that this is a method that many use to search, what I call the opportunity search which is city/state/region and open dates (as oppose to the targeted search which is Resort and Date specific).

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I tried searching for first available and did get results after a fashion. I went to the orange book button. I typed in a resort (Cypress Palms) and left the rest blank. It showed one result (Cypress Palms) and I clicked on the "view availability blue button". Then it asked me to select a unit. I chose 2 bedroom deluxe. Then it took me to the June calendar. No availability. I went to July. Only several 1 nights were available. So I went on to August. Lots of availability. So I could see that August 3 is the first day with availability for more than one day. Lots of steps, very ponderous. But it did work.

and it has to be re done for each unit type At Plam Aire for example there are 23 choices

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
What use to take several seconds to search all sizes and types of units at up to 5 resorts now can take an hour or more depending how long the website 'hour glasses'. Did I just date myself by saying, 'hour glasses'?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
What use to take several seconds to search all sizes and types of units at up to 5 resorts now can take an hour or more depending how long the website 'hour glasses'. Did I just date myself by saying, 'hour glasses'?
you already did that with your name "55 plus"

asreiter

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's so frustrating!! I want all the available rooms back. There are times we could "get by" with a one bedroom if that's all that's available but prefer to be in at least 2 bedrooms and I don't have hours to search

LDBEH

Reaction score
and it has to be re done for each unit type At Plam Aire for example there are 23 choices

Ocean Boulevard - Myrtle Beach has 50 possible choices.

Who has time to check each possibility...and throw in some flexibility of travel dates...forget it

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is the ponderous that I have a HUGE issue with. Are they trying to make it so we can't find inventory easily or are they just stupid and have no idea that this is a method that many use to search, what I call the opportunity search which is city/state/region and open dates (as oppose to the targeted search which is Resort and Date specific).

It is obvious they made it difficult to make reservation, by design and intentional. Now the real question is why? What did the accountants find with Wyndhams yearly audit, messed up accounting that could not keep up with c/r/u and credit pooling. ? Seems to me they had to create less bookings/more inventory for some reason and not just targeting c/r/u issues. Seems to me it is a strategic plan to get Wyndham out of some legal issues,( you have a certain amount of time to fix internal issues), and this is the only answer..

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
Ocean Boulevard - Myrtle Beach has 50 possible choices.

Who has time to check each possibility...and throw in some flexibility of travel dates...forget it

And if the search stayed on the future calendar month, it would still be a pain, but then you could select the various unit types. But NO, it goes back to the current month when you select a new unit type. Totally frustrating.....

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
you already did that with your name "55 plus"
Yes I did. And I will continue to state the facts in support of the upset and disappointed owners until Wyndham actually hears what we are saying.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Isn't Voyager a software product targeted to the travel industry that Wyndham acquired and is attempting custom modifications to support it's own requirements? Another thread pointed out that this system seems closer to the way the hotel industry works. There are multiple Voyager software products out there .. here's a link to one: http://www.voyagersystems.co.uk/

As someone else said, we shouldn't attribute to deliberate malfeasance (or what was it?) that which can be explained by incompetence.

Bob

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Isn't Voyager a software product targeted to the travel industry that Wyndham acquired and is attempting custom modifications to support it's own requirements? Another thread pointed out that this system seems closer to the way the hotel industry works. There are multiple Voyager software products out there .. here's a link to one: http://www.voyagersystems.co.uk/

As someone else said, we shouldn't attribute to deliberate malfeasance (or what was it?) that which can be explained by incompetence.

Bob

That wyndham link you provide is travel agent software. It is used to manage Travel Agent bookings. How to build and manage PNR (started in the airline = Passenger Name Record) but it is morphed into the itinerary that is generated by a lot of travel agents especially ones who book for business travel where you are NOT buying a package deal, but are purchase Air, Hotel, Car or Transfers all a la carte. It also manages commissions back off travel agency records.

I do no believe this was package purchase. Why would you buy something that doesn't work out of the box.

happyhopian

Reaction score
It is obvious they made it difficult to make reservation, by design and intentional. Now the real question is why? What did the accountants find with Wyndhams yearly audit, messed up accounting that could not keep up with c/r/u and credit pooling. ? Seems to me they had to create less bookings/more inventory for some reason and not just targeting c/r/u issues. Seems to me it is a strategic plan to get Wyndham out of some legal issues,( you have a certain amount of time to fix internal issues), and this is the only answer..
But no I've been told they whole reason for the changes was to stop cancel / rebook. There might have been other reasons, you don't say :)

happyhopian

Reaction score
Yes I did. And I will continue to state the facts in support of the upset and disappointed owners until Wyndham actually hears what we are saying.
and it is appreciated by some if not all.