• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fiesta Americana - Los Cabos

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I am looking for the building layout with room numbers for FA-Los Cabos (the TS portion of the resort) {for example Phase I, II, III etc.)

Ima Timesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fiesta Americana
I haven't got a diagram of room numbers, but here is the general idea:
Phase 1 has units right down near the water if you like to hear the surf and want nothing in front of you but the water. They are also the oldest units, which are due for renovation next year. It is a bit of a walk to the pools and beach, but you call always call for a cart. They rarely take more than a few minutes to arrive to pick you up.

Phase 2 is a good location, which has it's own pool and Jacuzzi. All the units have an ocean view, but the top two floors are best so you don't have other buildings in the lower part of your view. Again, a little walk to the beach, other pools, and restaurants.

Phase 3 is only a few years old. This is a good place to be if you're going to be going back and forth to the pool with kids, because it has it's own large pool and one of the 7 restaurants is in this area. All units have good views. Think about whether or not you want your unit to be close to the lobby, bar, other restaurants, or away from the lobby area, centered more on the amenities in Phase 3.

Phase 4 is the newest, only opened about two years. It is built into the side of the hill at the back of the resort. It is probably the quietest area. The best views are the top two floors and away from the lobby. It is a bit of a walk to the beach, lobby, restaurants, etc., but the carts are available whenever you want one, 24/7. I like that area a lot, but it might not be convenient if you have little kids that want to go back and forth between the pool and the suite several times a day.

I couldn't get a photo to upload, but if you want to email me, I can send it to you.

depurcell at hotmail dot com

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Just booked a 1 BR next November in Cabo and had no problems. Had to call the reservation in but was told there was plenty availability. Never stayed there but from what I hear it is a nice property. Didn't think I could request where to stay on property but from what I see above there are options and I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. FWIW, not an owner there. Probably will option out of the meal offer as we are down there for a wedding and various other events. Will be renting a car and from what I have read there is parking available. Any other suggestions/recommendations would be welcome.
Thanks in advance.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Will be renting a car and from what I have read there is parking available. Any other suggestions/recommendations would be welcome.

Congratulations. You will love it. I believe November is the beginning of the whale season. That is one of our favourite activities is watching the whales from our balcony. We have been going to this resort for the past 3 years but always in February. We just got back one week ago.

We have always rented a car at the airport. My first advice is to ensure that the mandatory mexican insurance is included in the price of the car rental. We personally have been renting our cars from Antonio Miranda (amiranda@cactuscar.com) at Cactus Car Rental (www.cactuscar.com) for the past two years. The advantage of course is the price includes the required Mexican Liability and taxes, free mileage, no other charges, hidden fees or surprises. In addition, no TS presentations offered.

Getting through the airport:
When you arrive at the San Jose del Cabo International Airport, you will be ushered through Immigration. Then you will collect your luggage and proceed to get checked out by Customs. Officials are there to help you at every step of the way. Once you have been given the go-ahead from Customs (red light or green light), you exit the airport on your own. You must pass through 2 lobbies of time-share sales people and other vendors. Admittedly, this process can be annoying and intimidating. Despite what these people tell you, know that you are not required to share any information with these Tank Sharks. This area looks like a hotel desk, but go straight through the sliding doors and go outside the terminal to the Shuttle area. You don't want to sign up for any Mexican Time-share presentation.

Driving in the Cabo area: I personally feel very comfortably driving in Cabo area. I do use a gps on my phone. There does seem to be some unwritten rules of the road or some rules that are different than we would have here. But mainly, I just go with the flow and watch out for the many speed bumps.

Restaurants: If you would like some recommendations of restaurants in the Cabo San Lucas area, let me know. We do have our favorites.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Thank you so much for the information. I/we are looking forward to the trip. I had to laugh at your section on "Getting through the airport" it sounds like a time share/vendor gauntlet!! Also I will check out your car rental suggestions as we will probably be needing a car on this trip. Thanks again.

Ima Timesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fiesta Americana
Thank you so much for the information. I/we are looking forward to the trip. I had to laugh at your section on "Getting through the airport" it sounds like a time share/vendor gauntlet!! Also I will check out your car rental suggestions as we will probably be needing a car on this trip. Thanks again.
I second GT75's recommendation of Cactus Car Rentals. They are located on the airport grounds, fight next to the Best Western hotel, which you can see from the terminal. If you don't get the car when you land, I highly recommend Celito Lindo for transportation from the airport to the hotel. Then, from Fiesta Americana, you can take the local bus (from the bus stop on the bridge that goes over the highway) to the airport to pick up your car. Also, there is a shuttle bus available at the lobby of Fiesta Americana that will take you to downtown Cabo San Lucas for US $10, round trip. That works out great for day excursions on the water or lunch/dinner/drinks, etc.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
.... it sounds like a time share/vendor gauntlet!! ...

Actually, it is. Just keep your head down and don't hear nor listen to anything. If you are asked {and have to answer}, "Have to been to Cabo before", lie and say "yes, many times". After, you make it through the gauntlet, you are free. The rest of your experience in Cabo will be wonderful. It actually has now become our favorite place to go.

btw, I pulled the information on how to get through the airport from Cactus Car rentals email confirmation to me. {so I really should give them the credit}

Luckytimer

Reaction score
Congratulations. You will love it. I believe November is the beginning of the whale season. That is one of our favourite activities is watching the whales from our balcony. We have been going to this resort for the past 3 years but always in February. We just got back one week ago.

We have always rented a car at the airport. My first advice is to ensure that the mandatory mexican insurance is included in the price of the car rental. We personally have been renting our cars from Antonio Miranda (amiranda@cactuscar.com) at Cactus Car Rental (www.cactuscar.com) for the past two years. The advantage of course is the price includes the required Mexican Liability and taxes, free mileage, no other charges, hidden fees or surprises. In addition, no TS presentations offered.

Getting through the airport:
When you arrive at the San Jose del Cabo International Airport, you will be ushered through Immigration. Then you will collect your luggage and proceed to get checked out by Customs. Officials are there to help you at every step of the way. Once you have been given the go-ahead from Customs (red light or green light), you exit the airport on your own. You must pass through 2 lobbies of time-share sales people and other vendors. Admittedly, this process can be annoying and intimidating. Despite what these people tell you, know that you are not required to share any information with these Tank Sharks. This area looks like a hotel desk, but go straight through the sliding doors and go outside the terminal to the Shuttle area. You don't want to sign up for any Mexican Time-share presentation.

Driving in the Cabo area: I personally feel very comfortably driving in Cabo area. I do use a gps on my phone. There does seem to be some unwritten rules of the road or some rules that are different than we would have here. But mainly, I just go with the flow and watch out for the many speed bumps.

Restaurants: If you would like some recommendations of restaurants in the Cabo San Lucas area, let me know. We do have our favorites.

Luckytimer

Reaction score
You speak truth GT75! The Shark Tank is unnerving.

We are book for the Fiesta American from Mar 18-25. First time at this resort. Can hardly wait. We stayed at PB Sunset Beach in December and it was lovely.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to laugh at your section on "Getting through the airport" it sounds like a time share/vendor gauntlet!!

That's exactly what it is. And they'll act like they are here to get your transportation for you. They are like wild cats.....don't make eye contact with them or they will maul you. Head down, out the doors. Not responding to them may make you feel rude, but the consequences can be far worse.

Reactions: b74

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Wife and I figured it out. Head down and we walk 15 feet apart from each other and stare at the exit. No one approached us.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan, but those airport timeshare hawkers have crazy mad skills. They come up with the most plausible lines to make you believe they really are your contact for your resort, limo service, car hire, etc. My husband , who has run the gauntlet dozens of times, was stopped in his tracks last week when they said they were from the resort where he was staying, "How could they have known?!?!" JUST KEEP MOVING!

Unless you plan to suffer through the agony of a timeshare presentation, for whatever your reason. (I once went on a presentation to tour a resort I'd already bought sight unseen on eBay for $1.) In that case, bargain hard for cash, and make sure it is written in USD$, or rental car, or whatever. I just met a group that was offered $300 per couple at the airport for a Grand Mayan (Vidanta) presentation. When they checked into their resort (Grand Solmar), they were given $300 per couple for going to their own "Owners Update" instead of going to Vidanta's pressure cooker sales pitch. They were very happy with $600 in vacation dollars.