• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Festiva Blue Ridge Village Resort

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I am at Festiva Blue Ridge Village Resort in Banner Elks, NC. This is definitely a timeshare that I would go to every year in May and October.

If it wasn't for Festiva I would be looking to buy fixed week resales, just heard so much bad about Festiva that my gut says just trade and pay the exchange fees. The weeks I own can definitely trade for this place.

Just want to get other opinions, especially owners at Blue Ridge Village.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We own a week 23 at Blue Ridge Village, in the older, newly remodeled section, I want to say unit 25B, maybe? Those units sleep 7. We like it and feel the fees are very reasonable, I think $720/yr. The fees haven't increased terribly much, so we are happy with management.

Bettymcg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, Festiva, and Capital Resorts
I own there and like it. Quiet at Banner aelk, but near lots of beautiful scenery and hiking.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I am going there the last week in Sept 29 to Oct 6. Sounds like a good place and time.

I too wouldn't get anywhere near purchasing, even resale, a Festiva. Have not had good experience with the company as a whole, but this resort is suppose to be a better one.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I finally found the fixed week I wanted in the fall, week 42 for fall foliage. No cost to me so very happy.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
How far are up from Asheville, NC and the Biltmore Estates? Have the leafs started turning colors for this fall?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I finally found the fixed week I wanted in the fall, week 42 for fall foliage. No cost to me so very happy.

So you are going to acquire it then?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So you are going to acquire it then?
Yes decided to get it as it is a fixed week for the exact week we wanted. With Festiva out as management and Bluegreen in my no went to a yes. I will not convert to Bluegreen points when they approach me.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Yes decided to get it as it is a fixed week for the exact week we wanted. With Festiva out as management and Bluegreen in my no went to a yes. I will not convert to Bluegreen points when they approach me.

Oh, great! Somewhere on this thread I must have missed that it is now Bluegreen.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
it a bit of a drive to Asheville and Baltimore. Banner elk is past boone NC area. You could drive it and see Biltimore but figure a full day.. like 10 -12 hrs min..

I was not aware of the change in management to Bluegreen.. guess the owner got the clue and booted them out??

How far are up from Asheville, NC and the Biltmore Estates? Have the leafs started turning colors for this fall?