• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Extra GC's

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
A friend has exactly 1 million points. He would like the extra guest confirmations that over 1 million gets him. Does he have to buy direct or can he buy resale?

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
He has to buy retail...according to Wyndham you get 15 GCs for every qualified 1 million points owned...qualified being purchased from Wyndham or an Affiliate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
If his points are resale, he only gets 1 guest certificate with his account. Otherwise, you get additional guest certificates based on VIP level, and at Platinum you get additional guest certificates for each million points bought from Wyndham. 5 GC at Silver, 10 at Gold, 15 at Platinum + 15 for every additional million.

You purchase (or use your existing) GCs as needed at the time you put a guest on a reservation. Unless it's gone up, it was $99 for an online reservation and $129 when done by phone.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
A friend has exactly 1 million points. He would like the extra guest confirmations that over 1 million gets him. Does he have to buy direct or can he buy resale?

Did you ever figure this out? If you buy resale you only get one GC? Thats right..?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Wyndham treats all of your points as resale. You only get one GC . You can have ten million points but if they are treated as resale in Wyndham's system you get ONE GC. If you have a mix of resale and direct points in your membership it all depends on what level of VIP.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
heres another fun fact

exactly 1 million vip eligible points gets you 15 guest confirmations
one more point 1,000,001 points gets you 30 guest confirmations

The important thing, as has been said in the above posts, is that unless you are a VIP you only get 1 guest confirm per account

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
on the subject of Guest Confirmations I got this personal message from LindsayFlorida a tug guest (not member)

Does Wyndham limit the number of guest certs allowed per renewal? Also is it per deed or just overall on your membership?
Do they limit the number of points you can have? Is there any percentage that must be used by you the owner compared to guests using them?

Guessing that others might have the same question, here is my answer

1) Does Wyndham limit the number of guest certs allowed per renewal?

Guest confirms are credited to the account each Jan first. One per account no matter the size
VIP accouts get more Silver gets 5, Gold gets 10 and Platinum gets 15/ million qualified VIPpoints, or fraction thereof. so 1,000,000 points gets 15, 1.000.001 to 2 million gets 30, 2,000,001 to 3 million gets 45 and so on

2) Also is it per deed or just overall on your membership?

Guest confirmations are assigned to the account according to the schedule above

3) Do they limit the number of points you can have?

No . but each account is limited to 40 contracts. I have had as many as 8 accounts with 30 million points total points, so I havent found a limit...

4) Is there any percentage that must be used by you the owner compared to guests using them?

No, I usually take just one or two vacations a year, The rest of what I owned each year has been used to make reservations for guests

you should note however that Wyndham does have a something in their disclosures that says "the product is designed for a members own personal use and enjoyment and not for any commercial purposes" whether or how Wyndham might enforce that going forward is unknown to me

Take that for what its worth

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! How much does a million points costs retail or from Wyndham?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! How much does a million points costs retail or from Wyndham?

something between $150000 and $250000 and depending on the resort, about $6000 per year mf. You can doo it for less if PICs are used for half the points (same maintenance but about half as much to buy) Assuming Platinum VIP and assuming aggressive use of the discount and upgrade benefits thats enough for 4 months at PalmAire

Ive sold Florida condos to folks from the frozen north (snowbirds) to use just 3 or 4 months a year for more than $250000 and their condo fees, taxes, and utilities expenses are more than $15000 a year

I own a 35 year old boat that I use as a second home... I spent about $75000 to own the thing and my annual expenses run about $12,000 a year to just keep it at the dock... If I actually cruise, expenses go way up for maintenance and fuel

My point is, that as expensive as a Platinum ownership is, its an alternative for a 4 month snowbird to consider