• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

extra day May 27 where to book it?

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked 3 weeks back to back, or so I thought. First is Samoset: Fri to Fri, good 2nd week was Brewester Green, MA: Fri to Fri and then I messed up and booked Newport Overlook Sat to Sat. I booked these units about a year ago and noticed that there is a day that I haven't made any accommodations. I have done this before and we would just stay in a hotel for a day or two.

We are traveling with 2 other people so I would need to rent two hotel rooms. I was thinking maybe a hotel stay in Boston would be nice. Can anyone think of a place that is close to the area we are staying that would make a good day stay? We have been to Maine before but never to Massachusetts or Rhode Island. Sometimes there is a hidden gem somewhere but it is a day trip. Thanks for any help

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I booked 3 weeks back to back, or so I thought. First is Samoset: Fri to Fri, good 2nd week was Brewester Green, MA: Fri to Fri and then I messed up and booked Newport Overlook Sat to Sat. I booked these units about a year ago and noticed that there is a day that I haven't made any accommodations. I have done this before and we would just stay in a hotel for a day or two.

We are traveling with 2 other people so I would need to rent two hotel rooms. I was thinking maybe a hotel stay in Boston would be nice. Can anyone think of a place that is close to the area we are staying that would make a good day stay? We have been to Maine before but never to Massachusetts or Rhode Island. Sometimes there is a hidden gem somewhere but it is a day trip. Thanks for any help

We were on our way back to Rhode Island from a wedding in Salem, Ma . We stopped at Holiday Inn Express in Swansea, MA. Are you members of IHG? Or AAA? Was a nice hotel, with reasonable rates. We flew out of TF Green Airport. A hotel in Boston would be more expensive and you would be driving way out of the way to get to Jamestown RI from Brewster MA. I have stayed in Both Cities Brewster Green was nice, we stayed at Bay Voyage in Jamestown, just up the street from Newport Overlook. Have a great time!
Silentg

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Tough time of year (and equally tough high traffic volume areas) for tackling this problem --- and to make matters worse, that's also Memorial Day weekend. :eek:

I wouldn't even consider going north to Boston from Cape Cod at the beginning of such a big holiday weekend, for just a single overnight, only to then have to turn right around and go back south toward Cape Cod (...to just about where you started from the day before, actually) to continue on to RI during such a busy holiday weekend. To me, that particular itinerary would constitute the very definition of masochism, but YMMV.

I would instead reserve accomodations (in RI) for the Friday night after leaving Brewster Green, somewhere between Cape Cod and somewhere outside of Newport.
Area AAA book (free to AAA members) would certainly identify virtually every lodging option available in the area. For a single day (but admittedly, not for much more than that), the "reinvented" city of Providence, RI offers some attractive and interesting places and features (and some great Italian food, in and around Federal Hill).
After a short day with lunch in Providence, you could make your way to Newport to check-in.

Hope this helps. If not, your payment to me for the above input will be cheerfully refunded in full. ;)

Last edited:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
A night between the cape and Newport. (I agree, stay away from Boston)

If you are looking for a place to be a tourist a bit, then I would definitely suggest the overnight to be in Providence, RI. Great, clean, newer city. A lot to do there, traffic will be minimal (compared to Boston) and great hotels without the high prices that Boston will pull. Dining options all around. Theatre and shopping. I'm a bit brand loyal with Marriott - so we stay at the Courtyard due to its central location. Walk to just about anything. I would suggest "An evening in the city" dining tour while there: http://www.riexperience.com/tours/providence-tours.html

If you are looking just for a place to hang your hat overnight and maybe grab a bite to eat, then along the way off of Route 195 you would fine hotels in Wareham: Town Place Suites (near a shopping complex) New Bedford: (Fairfield Inn) near seaport, restaurants) Dartmouth: Residence Inn (near shopping/lots of chain restaurants/stores) and Westport: Hampton Inn (near Horseneck Beach).

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Extra Night

We had the same problem last year between Brewster Green and Smugglers Notch. Brewster Green rented us an extra night.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had the same problem last year between Brewster Green and Smugglers Notch. Brewster Green rented us an extra night.

That's unlikely to be available as an option on busy, high demand Memorial Day weekend, but perhaps it's still worth at least inquiring.

IMnsHO, it would probably be wiser to just get off the lower Cape entirely on that pre-holiday weekend Friday --- before the holiday weekend onslaught of humanity commences and Routes 6 and 6A become a snarled, congested and slow moving wagon train.

I lived on lower Cape Cod (year round) some years back. Except perhaps for the folks whose livelihoods or supplemental incomes depended upon the tourist dollar, most other residents truly dreaded the descension of seemingly endless hordes of people upon the Cape on Memorial Day weekend. I doubt that it's better, these years later.

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Brewster Green

That's unlikely to be available as an option on busy, high demand Memorial Day weekend, but perhaps it's still worth at least inquiring.

IMnsHO, it would probably be wiser to just get off the lower Cape entirely on that pre-holiday weekend Friday --- before the holiday weekend onslaught of humanity commences and Routes 6 and 6A become a snarled, congested and slow moving wagon train.

I lived on lower Cape Cod (year round) some years back. Except perhaps for the folks whose livelihoods or supplemental incomes depended upon the tourist dollar, most other residents truly dreaded the descension of seemingly endless hordes of people upon the Cape on Memorial Day weekend. I doubt that it's better, these years later.

We checked into Brewster Green on May 29 last year (2015)...the Friday after Memorial day. They allowed us to rent the extra Friday night on June 5. No problem getting out on a Saturday morning. I don't even recall having any traffic problems the entire week we were there. It was pretty light. But Memorial Day weekend may be a whole different story! One can always ask though!

Reaction score
I was also at Brewster Green last year. My family spend great time there. Indeed, even my wife who is a cleaning freak, had nothing to say about the place. So, I really recommend it :)