• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchange into DVC

GusGus77

Reaction score
Hi! I am new at trying to get DVC on RCI and hope some of you can help. (This is also my first RCI exchange.)

1. I put in an ongoing search through RCI for DVC for the end of September. (We own Wyndham.) I know DVC usually appears in RCI about 4 months ahead of time and in groups. I also know the chances of a 2 bedroom being available are slim to none. I have searches ongoing for both one and two bedrooms (one for SSR and one for all other DVC resorts except OKW as it will be under refurbishment.) My question is, is it completely random when weeks are deposited? I have been told that even though I have an ongoing search that I still need to look at the inventory because what shows up for a random search is different than what units get matched with ongoing searches.

2. Another question I have is what day is my best shot for check in with DVC for a week stay? I put Friday or Saturday as that works best for us. We are driving from Illinois and would prefer not to have to take off extra days ofwork for travel time, but didn't know if there is another day that we would be more likely to get something besides SSR or get a two bedroom. (Yes, I know 2 bedrooms don't happen.) What is my chance of getting a match on a one bedroom for the last week in September if I am just putting in an ongoing search now?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
The weeks at ssr in September get deposited in may/June and throughout the following months. I assume it the same for the rest of the DVC resorts, only hurdle is that they get picked up by searches so we wouldn't know. So yes it's somehow random. Dvc could decide to deposit the weeks earlier or later - I think it depends on how many DVC'ere has used their points in RCI and how fully booked the resorts is. Starting this year ssr got a new booking category within the DVC system so maybe things will be different this year / again maybe it won't.

The checkin dates vary but they are either Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

It's correct even with an ogs you need to stalk the RCI website. An ogs only match the weeks inventory and not points inventory. Points inventory sits there until picked up manually.

One way to increase your chances of a 2br is to book a studio at DVC either through a DVC member or,directly through disney and then book a 1Br through RCI. Then call member services and put in your request of a 2br. It might happen but there are no guarantees.