• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Estoppel Question

jhackjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
I am not sure how to interpret this information. Please help
It reads.....
Vacation ownership interest consists of 175,000 points in ( I won't say name of timeshare). This is an annual ownership interest and is allocated 175,000 points for use in each use year. You currently have 175,000 (timeshare group name) points available for use during the current year. Additionally you currently have 175,000 points available for use in 2018 and 175,000 available in 2019. The use year for this contract currently ends on 06/30.

So my question is did they bank points so essentially I will have 350,000 points for both 2018 and 2019?
Use year ends 06/30-- does that mean June 30 is when we get our points every year? or does it mean we can only use this until 06/2030?

Sorry I am a newbie so I want to be sure I understand.
Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Wyndham?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Obviously Wyndham. No banked points. Wyndham system shows you your points for the next 3 years - 175,000 each year.
Yes your use year starts July 1st and ends on June 30th.
As far as I know all Wyndham contracts are perpetual ownership

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation ownership interest consists of 175,000 points in...
This is an annual ownership interest and is allocated 175,000 points for use in each use year. You currently have 175,000 (timeshare group name) points available for use during the current year. Additionally you currently have 175,000 points available for use in 2018 and 175,000 available in 2019. The use year for this contract currently ends on 06/30.

175k Wyndham points per use year of July 1 -- June 30 each year seems reasonably clear and straightforward.
Doesn't this also mean that something needs to be done with the current years' 175k points within the next 18 days? :shrug:

Last edited:

schenriq

TUG Member
Reaction score
So those 175K points are expiring at June's end. Use it ASAP or deposit it to RCI. Then come July 1st, you'll have a fresh supply of 175K points for use until June next year.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
175k Wyndham points per use year. Doesn't this mean that something needs to be done with the current years' 175k points within the next 18 days?
Yes. Deposit to RCI or if they are VIP Platinum they can deposit them into 2018 or 2019 use year

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
So those 175K points are expiring at June's end. Use it ASAP or deposit it to RCI. Then come July 1st, you'll have a fresh supply of 175K points for use until June next year.

I no longer own within Wyndham, nor did I ever "exchange" when I did. I don't want to take this thread sideways, but let me ask a very simple question that may very well also be on the newbie OP's mind as well....

When you "deposit" Wyndham points to RCI (let's work with the OP's allocated 175k Wyndham points for the sake of specific example), how exactly is that "deposit" assigned a "value" which then becomes known to its' depositor for "trade" purposes? Is the deposit of Wyndham points assigned a specific TPU value? Some other means or process for valuation? I dunno, but am curious; OP may be also. :shrug:

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I no longer own within Wyndham, nor did I ever "exchange" when I did. I don't want to take this thread sideways, but let me ask a very simple question that may very well also be on the newbie OP's mind as well....

When you "deposit" Wyndham points to RCI (let's work with the OP's allocated 175k Wyndham points for the sake of specific example), how exactly is that "deposit" assigned a "value" which then becomes known to its' depositor for "trade" purposes? Is the deposit of Wyndham points assigned a specific TPU value? Some other means or process for valuation? I dunno, but am curious; OP may be also. :shrug:

175000 Wyndham points deposited to RCI have the exact value of 175000 Wyndham points in RCI

A Wyndham owner accesses their RCI account through the Wyndham portal (a link on their Wyndham account website). Once in RCI they will see possible exchanges denominated in Wyndham points

Folks often get confused and think that their Wyndham points in RCI somehow equate to or convert to RCI points. Not true. They remain Wyndham points on deposit with RCI

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
And yes the 2017 points that expire jun 30 must be in a reservation with a check in date before July 1 2017. A platinum VIP owner can deposit his points into 2018 or 2019 until June 30 or they can be deposited to RCI

jhackjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
Thanks Everyone!!
2 more questions.

1-So if I am purchasing resale is it better to buy a timeshare or just access points?
2-Since I am just purchasing the 175,000 at Branson Timeshare can I ask the seller to deposit this years in RCI since I probably won't have ownership until after June 30th.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are two possible reasons to buy one resort over another or club Wyndham Access. One is for the advanced reservation priority; the other is for lower maintenance fees

So we can't tell you what's better for you

And even if the current owner deposits to RCI you probably won't see them.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Thanks Everyone!!
2 more questions.

1-So if I am purchasing resale is it better to buy a timeshare or just access points?
2-Since I am just purchasing the 175,000 at Branson Timeshare can I ask the seller to deposit this years in RCI since I probably won't have ownership until after June 30th.

If the seller deposits into RCI it will be into their account and will stay with them after the sale. At this point there is no way for you to use those points. Too near the end of use year.if you are lucky you will have access by the fall as Wyndham is very slow with paperwork. Tell the seller to enjoy the points.