• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

EPlus Exchange from Interval Used Additional Credits

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made a reservation for 2 bedroom at Hawaii for Dec 2016 using 10000 credits and a token. I also purchased EPlus exchange option with the exchange. Last week I did an EPLUS exchange and changed my reservation from Hawaii to Orlando Florida for April 2017. After this EPLUS exchange another 10000 points and a token was taken from my account.

I called interval and they are saying that only the exchange fee is saved with EPLUS and exchange itself may require additional credits. That was not the case in the past as I have made number of EPLUS exchanges and never used additional credits.

I called Worldmark and they are looking into the situation. I am hoping I can get back my 10K credits and HK token back. I used II extensively for the flexibility EPLUS provides but this experience put a dent on that.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
My understanding is that, outside of flexchange, you may be charged additional credits for eplus if you increase size (1br to 2br for example) but you should never be charged an entire new exchange points (10k). Maybe they credit the old and charge new. But, that doesn't really make sense either.

hmph. Waiting to hear your reply.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Worldmark has always been screwy with eplus. In the past the system was always to refund the point and then charge the points again. If you don't get 10,000 refunded then it is definitely a change.

Beware:re-trading on Worldmark difficulties (2015)

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
thanks tschwa2, you beat me too it!

change 2: read this http://wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=43878&start=15

It appears that II does in-fact do a cancel/rebook process on eplus trades. you need to be aware of the life of the credits in the booking before the eplus to insure that 'expired' credits do not roll back into your account and get lost. You can do this by calling VPC and shuffling reservations or spacebanking before the eplus has time to process.

The eplus shuffle is supposed to be same-day and linked, but there are reports of the transactions being delayed or disconnected

good luck!

thanks for pointing this out....I wasn't aware or had forgotten.

cheers.

Last edited:

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for pointing out the credit expiry issue. All my points are freshly minted from 2016. Worldmark mentioned that they will look into it and update me by Friday 9/16. I will post an update once I hear from Worldmark.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yikes! Please keep us posted. I don't think I'll be purchasing eplus again-I have in the past but was never able to use it..

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today morning Worldmark credited 10000 points back to my account. Out of the 10000 , 7000 was borrowed from next year. But when they credited, it is with expiry same as my 2016 points, they did not seem to put the borrowed points back into next year pool.

I am glad I got the points back :).

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Today morning Worldmark credited 10000 points back to my account. Out of the 10000 , 7000 was borrowed from next year. But when they credited, it is with expiry same as my 2016 points, they did not seem to put the borrowed points back into next year pool.

I am glad I got the points back :).

I think you might have the ability to get WM to do a credit shuffle and restore credits FIFO (if not automatic). Call a VPC and try it