• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

email just received - Important Updates to Your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Program Guidelines

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
"On behalf of the Fairshare Vacation Owners Association Board, we are committed to delivering exceptional vacation experiences to you, our valued CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus member. As part of that commitment, we strive to take your vacation needs into consideration as the desires and demands of our ownership base evolve. We do this in concert with our ongoing efforts to simplify the program and enhance your vacation planning experience. With that said, we are pleased to announce several upcoming changes to the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Program Guidelines.

These changes will become effective with Wyndham Vacation Ownership’s implementation of upgraded systems, including myclubwyndham.com. You will be notified via email in the coming weeks regarding the launch date of these systems. If you haven’t already done so, please register for a preview of your new member website at www.preview.myclubwyndham.com. You must create a new log in to access the upgraded member website.

We encourage you to read the full overview of the changes to the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus program in the 4/20/17 Supplement to the 2014-2015 CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Resort Directory here.

These changes were designed to enhance your ownership experience and help you continue to enjoy all that CLUB WYNDHAM Plus has to offer. The Board will continue to review opportunities to simplify your ownership and increase your ability to vacation with us. We thank you for being a valued CLUB WYNDHAM Plus member.

Sincerely,

Your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Family"
Lots of changes coming here.

1. VIP upgrade opt-in - they will now automatically search for an upgrade at the window.

2. Increase in the number of RARP commensurate to VIP level.

3. "Credit Pooling" is now "Points Deposit Feature" - you must now specify what use year you want to move the points to. It's no longer a three year window from date of pooling (so no more pulling points forward, only pushing back).

4. Two free guest certificates per year for regular members.

5. ARP bookable online.

6. At most resorts you can now check in on any day, and book stays of up to 14 days.

7. It looks like they are eliminating the "do everything on one day for one reservation transaction", as it now specifies that each thing will require a transaction.

8. Points history to show transaction log.

9. "Normalized" 30 day calendar. Nor more waiting until March 1st to book a December 29th, 30th, 31st check in.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just read the supplement. Three material changes jumped out:

No more credit pool. Instead, you can "advance" a set of UY points forward either one UY or two UY. They cannot be moved a second time, you have to pick which UY you are going to use at the time of "deposit." Clearly less flexible than the old Pool process, requires more planning, and kills the ability to pool backward. Deposit deadlines: 3 months into UY for standard members, 6 months silver, 9 months gold, anytime in the year for Plats. Pretty much a lose for everyone. Small silver lining: advanced points might still be able to be deposited to RCI.

Automatic waitlist for VIP upgrades. Will probably put an end to cancel-rebook as discussed ad nauseum.

Cancelling rented points generates a refund of the rental fee, rather than depositing the rented points to your account. Six of one. It's nice to have the fees refunded, but you can no longer rent into the Express window, cancel, and book into the Standard window. So, maybe a net loss for those of us who worked the corners.

Direct link to the supplement for those who don't want to/can't log in:
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory_supplement1718/index.php

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
The website will be open 24/7 too!

Am I reading this correctly? They way I read the changes you will have 48 hours after a reservation is confirmed to add a guest name if you have have more than one reservation for the same dates. If I am interpreting this correctly it will kill renting for many owners!

wyndham_plus_membersdirectory_supplement1718_p0009_hires.jpg

Last edited:

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
What are the negatives for the standard member who only takes 1 vacation per year? Looks like just the pooling of points restriction?

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
I really like the 14 day reservation change, but wonder how many resorts that feature will be available at.

Also, check in on any day and one night reservations .... Really.... Did I read that correctly?

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
Two guest confirms for standard members, that's nice.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like the big negative is credit pooled points can only be used in one use year.

My reading of the manual leads me to believe that we can still credit pool 2018 points with 3 years use but not 2019.

Any disagreement?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I read this right, they have put an end to speculative bookings... and to megarenting as we know it

If you have overlapping reservations a guests name must be added within 48 hours of confirmation If no guests name then the reservations will be cancelled and points forfeited

so no more making 10 reservations for one event and then advertising to find your paying guest..

as I see it this makes large scale commercial renting a thing of the past

and with the upgrade button there will be no cancel/rebook of popular reservations, except perhaps studios (and 1 bedrooms at the places that dont have studios)

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It looks like the big negative is credit pooled points can only be used in one use year.

My reading of the manual leads me to believe that we can still credit pool 2018 points with 3 years use but not 2019.

Any disagreement?

It says that none of this is effective until they roll out the new site, so you certainly should be able to do that up until then. I'm not sure I would rely on that after it happens, even though it does specify 2019 points.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
12am ET for reservation windows opening? Way past my bedtime! ;)

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just read the supplement. Three material changes jumped out:

No more credit pool. Instead, you can "advance" a set of UY points forward either one UY or two UY. They cannot be moved a second time, you have to pick which UY you are going to use at the time of "deposit." Clearly less flexible than the old Pool process, requires more planning, and kills the ability to strip forward. Deposit deadlines: 3 months into UY for standard members, 6 months silver, 9 months gold, anytime in the year for Plats. Pretty much a lose for everyone. Small silver lining: advanced points might still be able to be deposited to RCI.
The big question in my mind is what they mean by "advancing" points by depositing them into future UYs.

If I "advance" 2018 points into 2020, does that mean I can use them ONLY in 2020? Or can I still use them during 2018, 2019, and 2020?

The new system seems to eliminate "borrowing" points by credit pooling them into an earlier UY. Did I read that right?

It's also not clear whether we can "advance" points prior to the beginning of our UY, or if we have to wait until the beginning of the UY.

For resale buyers, I see two small advantages. One is the ability to "advance" points up to three months into the current UY, as opposed to prior to. The other is we now will get two free GC's.

ddavid1073

TUG Member
Reaction score
The change to the Credit Pool really limits our point use and has no positive purpose for owners.

Please call Wyndham at 800-251-8736 and tell them to continue with the current Credit Pool and that this will affect your thoughts on any future purchases.

Also, please tell anyone you know that owns at Wyndham to also call.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I really like the 14 day reservation change, but wonder how many resorts that feature will be available at.

Also, check in on any day and one night reservations .... Really.... Did I read that correctly?

There are asterisks there - check in on any day and length-of-stay requirements may vary by resort, and one night stays may only be booked inside of 14 days.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The change to the Credit Pool really limits our point use and has no positive purpose for owners.

Please call Wyndham at 800-251-8736 and tell them to continue with the current Credit Pool and that this will affect your thoughts on any future purchases.

Also, please tell anyone you know that owns at Wyndham to also call.

you can still push this years points into next year,

What you cant do is pull next years points into this year

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The big question in my mind is what they mean by "advancing" points by depositing them into future UYs.

If I "advance" 2018 points into 2020, does that mean I can use them ONLY in 2020? Or can I still use them during 2018, 2019, and 2020?

Only in 2020.

The new system seems to eliminate "borrowing" points by credit pooling them into an earlier UY. Did I read that right?

Yes, that's the way I read it too.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The website will be open 24/7 too!

Am I reading this correctly? They way I read the changes you will have 48 hours after a reservation is confirmed to add a guest name if you have have more than one reservation for the same dates. If I am interpreting this correctly it will kill renting for many owners!

Thats the last thing in the supplement but the first one that made me sit up and take notice.. The rest were pretty much predictable, or at least not surprising
This one as you say seems designed to prevent speculative bookings...

im already trying to figure out a way around it.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I read this right, they have put an end to speculative bookings... and to megarenting as we know it

There are some crafty people out there, but at this point I would absolutely agree.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Although the price of reservation transactions has gone down ($19 online, $39 phone), I'm reading it that you can no longer do more than one transaction in a day for one RT. "A Reservation Transaction is now required each time one of the following transactions is confirmed..."

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
These changes seem to be a huge disadvantage for me. I own 879,000 points and am grandfathered in as Gold VIP. (Yes, I did make a developer purchase (2 actually) in addition to some resale, PIC, etc.)

I use the credit pool a lot. I don't have any 2018 points. I've been borrowing ahead using the credit pool feature. I am SOL for next year, and I need points to move into RCI. I will have to look at my current bookings to figure it out.

I use the cancel-rebook feature. It looks like this will be eliminated, and how in the world will we the owners know if the upgrades are actually happening or if the units are pulled to be rentals for Wyndham. Will I ever get an upgrade again or will it be that all the platinum members snatch them up at 60 days?

I'm currently on hold hoping to beat the clock and get my 2019 points credit pooled. I'm hoping that playing dumb about the change will work.

The only plus side that I can see for us is that we bought 12 years ago, using all the available benefits (aka loopholes) at the time. We have added to our ownership for very small amounts, and took advantage of many benefits throughout the years. I'm grateful that we are in a place in our lives now that my ownership only costs me $4600 a year. Hopefully I can get some nice vacations out of that.

I've been very fortunate in the past to book last minute reservations for the Dells (the only resort close to me geographically) and have been able to upgrade and use the discount. I can't see how those units will be available now.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Thats the last thing in the supplement but the first one that made me sit up and take notice.. The rest were pretty much predictable, or at least not surprising
This one as you say seems designed to prevent speculative bookings...

im already trying to figure out a way around it.

Can't you just put a fake name for the guest & change it to a real one once you secure a renter?

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
@scootr5 The last part, in parentheses, seems contrary to the way I'm reading it. 3. "Credit Pooling" is now "Points Deposit Feature" - you must now specify what use year you want to move the points to. It's no longer a three year window from date of pooling (so no more pulling points forward, only pushing back).

I can push 2018 pts into 2019 or 2020, right?

Last edited:

Lita

TUG Member
Reaction score
The new guest confirmation rules are not only bad for people renting, they also kill the ability for everyone to plan family vacations. I just sent this comment to Wyndham. Others may want to do the same. They sometimes listen if enough members complain. Here is what I sent by comment:

"I was very disappointed to learn about the changes to the system for guest confirmations. You have ruined my ability to plan family vacations and destroyed any reason for me to continue to be a Club Wyndham Platinum member.

I plan family vacations for myself and my relatives in advance, especially in hard to book locations a year in advance - sometimes longer than that using advance reservations. At that point in time I have no idea of who in the family may be able to come and don't actually put in guest names until the last minute because there are always last minute emergencies that require changes. I always add the guest reservation before the date based on prior rules.

You have killed my ability to plan these family vacations with the new guest confirmation policies. There is no longer any reason for me to maintain a Platinum membership and I will plan to give up my membership as soon as possible using my contract stipulations."

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I've read the information over several times now and I don't see anything that says you can't borrow points from the next use year. Did I miss something?