• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Email from RCI advising of Last Call price increase

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge: Sorry to bother you, but I rec'd an email supposedly from RCI advising that Last Call prices were going to increase from $129 to $199 effective 6/30/07 and that I should book a Last Call vacation prior to then to lock in the lower price. When I checked the RCI website, there is nothing mentioned about this increase, so I was wondering if this in fact was a message from RCI. Unfortunately, I deleted the email by mistake. If the message was from RCI, and the increase is as stated, how can RCI justify such a huge increase? Thank you for your attention to this inquiry.

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received the same e-mail showing an increase from $129 to $199 for a last call studio. I guess they will rip us off on the one and two bedrooms as well.

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also received the same e-mail, fortunately the price increase is no problem since there has been no availability in all of Western US and Canada for a very long time now. (Well actually 1 or 2 studios in Reno, but even they are gone now)
When there is nothing to book, price is irrelevant.:mad:

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
kjsgrammy,

This is an RCI communication; Last Call pricing is changing. I'll see what more I can find out about what's behind the changes.

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
"what's behind the changes"

More money for RCI - fewer last calls for YOU!!!

Its amazing - just 18 months ago last calls were 99$ (studio) and you had tons of choices and availability - all year round. It really doesnt make any difference due to unavailability, except you're traveling to Cancun, Dominican Rebup or Canary Isles. They could charge 1000$, Last Call is quickly going the way of the Dinosaur.

Last edited:

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last call was the only reason to keep my RCI membership. It expires next June. I guess that will be the end of our relationship.

Sue

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
to falmouth3

So you mean you're not taking advantage of the Limited Time offer that RCI is giving their members to renew for the next three years and get like 5% off??

You're:hysterical: really going to loose out Sue.

I think next we'll see RCI putting on one of those infomercials that you see at 3 am :zzz: in the morning advertising places in Florida and Mexico for only 599$ a week.:crash:

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Seems to me that if the "Last Calls" end up with fewer and fewer rentals, RCI will feel justified to dump more over with the rental affiliates. Maybe there was a motive behind the price increase beyond the obvious "because they can" reasoning.

Mr.Airport

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate x 2

Everyone is talking about the email advising of the Last Call price increase. You have one up on me - I received ZERO email from RCI announcing the increase. Only because I paid attention when I logged on right after the 1st did I realize they jacked the price up.

Everyone tells me about the class action suit against RCI - I guess they need to fund the reserve.

This was real shabby - from both the standpoint of no advise notice AND the mere fact they are increasing the fees again.

Lee B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of people now have junk mail filtering. I discovered that my filter now sees mail from RCI as junk, and I haven't tried to convince it otherwise as of yet. Maybe that is happening to you, too.

Mr.Airport

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of people now have junk mail filtering. I discovered that my filter now sees mail from RCI as junk, and I haven't tried to convince it otherwise as of yet. Maybe that is happening to you, too.

I'd like to think you're right, but I comb my SPAM mailbox before I delete it, so I know what gets dumped and there wasn't anything from RCI.

cranberryamber

TUG Member
Reaction score
last call have increased and taxes are also added

We received the same e-mail showing an increase from $129 to $199 for a last call studio. I guess they will rip us off on the one and two bedrooms as well.
Yes last calls have gone up about $30. and now they are charging taxes. Double rip off. I pay my maintenance fees and taxes to my resort annually and if I exchange with RCI why does RCI charge taxes on top of what I already paid ONLY ON THE LAST CALLS.