*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

dvcapp.com

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club - DVC' started by slum808, Nov 12, 2013.

1. slum808

slum808 TUG Member

Found this home made availability finder on mouseowners.com. The creator is using his dvcmember.com account to capture availability of all resorts. He has VGC 11 months out and others 7 months out. It seems to update every few hours so its not super accurate, but its faster than logging on to dvcmember. Its also great if your a renter looking for availability since you don't need to be a DVC owner.

GregT and I have been watching Aulani to see when the summer booking picks up and this tool is perfect for that. It will tell you the last time it saw a particular room type available.

Mouseowner threads
    http://mouseowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83649&highlight=dvcapp
    http://mouseowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84181&highlight=dvcapp

2. GregT

GregT TUG Member TUG Member

This is indeed a great tool that Steve has found -- I'm glad he posted on it. I've been very encouraged with Aulani availability in early-mid June (noting that continuous unit availability is not assured) and I've also been impressed with the (sporadic) availability at GCV.

And...I've recently bought Disney....(small package).....so this app has been reassuring that reservations are possible at the properties of greatest interest to me.

Steve, thanks for finding this and posting it!

Best,

Greg

3. ahmo

ahmo TUG Member

This is great! Thanks for sharing! :)

4. JimMIA

JimMIA TUG Member

Apps like this are fine as far as they go.

However, the only availability that really matters is what is there when you are ready to book a reservation.

When you are ready to actually book, availability is either there and you get your reservation, or it's not and you don't.

5. alwysonvac

alwysonvac TUG Lifetime Member

dvcapp was shutdown

:bawl: "Sorry, Disney has requested that I shut down DVCapp.com. I hope this isn't the end, but if it is, I want you to know I love you all.
    dvcapp ... gmail"

Found on the disboards - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3220078
    "Hi, I really appreciate the kind words. I just want to let you all know that I was not contacted by their Legal department. I have taken it down because I was asked nicely to do so. I hope to have a couple more conversations with them about what may be OK to do."