• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC-Disney's Animal Kingdom?

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have been using the TUG forums and marketplace for a while, can you tell me if Disney's Animal Kingdom ever comes up for rent here? What about other Disney Resorts? If so, do you recall how much rent folks usually ask for a 2-bedroom? I want to take the kids to Disney next year for fall break and wondering if a Disney Resort would even be in the budget. There is usually lots of inventory via AC, Choose 2 or Getaway on II that I can book, but I'd really like to do a Disney resort.

Also, does anyone know if DVC offers any special room rates if you sit through a timeshare sales presentation?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
your best bet is to check over on disboards.com under the DVC section. You need to log in to see rentals. There are commercial rentals, as well as private parties who just have too many points that year. Rates are from $10-15 per point. A 2BR would run about 230 points for mid-October for a standard view. The points required varies depending on the season, which you can find by googling "DVC points chart." Plan on paying closer to $13-15 for anything other than last minute.
There are no timeshare deals for attending DVC presentation other than maybe a small giftcard or some fast passes.
Other options will be much cheaper, likely enough to pay for your WDW tickets. We had excellent trips staying at HGVC, Marriott, OLCC, Summer Bay, Vistana, Cypress Point, Star Island. DVC is great, but I don't know that I'd pay $2K more for a week. Many also like Bonnet Creek, which is the closest to WDW.

Last edited:

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! I didn't realize how expensive DVC is! I appreciate the info. I'm not even going to bother looking for rentals if the prices are that much. There are enough other nice resorts in the area that I can trade into via II and save the $$ for tickets. :)