*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Dumping Mayan Palace

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by BillMerrill52, Jul 8, 2013.

1. BillMerrill52

BillMerrill52 TUG Member

I want to dump my six weeks at Mayan Palace because, come January, a whopping extra maintenance fee (c. $6300) is due. Can I just ignore the bill when it comes? What are the repercussions?
    Bill

2. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

3. LannyPC

LannyPC TUG Member

This is probably the least of your concerns right now but what do you mean by an "extra maintenance fee"? Is this a special assessment?

4. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Sort of. As I recall, MP charges an 'extra MF' about every 5 years or so for refurbishment. I'd call it an SA. Just because it isn't a surprise doesn't make it something different.

Aren't timeshares fun to learn about?

Jim

5. BillMerrill52

BillMerrill52 TUG Member

Extra fees

Yes, the Mayan charges an extra maintenance fee every five years, equal to the regular maintenance fee times 1.5--for each week owned.
    Bill

6. Pat H

Pat H TUG Member

I'm a little confused. I own MP and my MF's are only $570. $570 x 6 = $3420. I don't know of any MP that has fees of $1000/wk. Can you elaborate on how you get $6300?

7. MuranoJo

MuranoJo TUG Member

The OP is saying he has to pay 1.5 of an annual m/f for the special 5-year fee and it appears he has multiple weeks. Perhaps the every-5-year fee might vary depending on contract, but mine is just 1x m/f...I've never heard of a 1.5 fee.