TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Does it cost an RT to cancel a reservation

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by puppymommo, Jul 17, 2017 at 11:43 AM.

1. puppymommo

puppymommo TUG Member

Sorry I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but when I searched for it all that I found was posts on cancel/rebook. ;) So, does it take an RT to cancel a reservation, or just to make one? Thank you!

2. cayman01

cayman01 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Bali Hai, Shearwater
    Yes. Make it or cancel it, even upgrade it.

3. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    I don't think it takes one to cancel it. To make one yes. None if auto upgraded and none if the upgrade is available when booking, it is still a single transaction. If you need to cancel and rebook to allow it to show you an instant upgrade it would take a transaction when you are booking the unit again. Gold and platinum have unlimited transaction fees so the only ones that have to worry about it with upgrades are silver.

4. Braindead

Braindead Guest

It doesn't take an RT to cancel.
    You just lose the one you used to make the reservation. No credit back for RTs

5. 55plus

55plus TUG Member

Wow! If it's true that it costs a RT to cancel a reservation after costing a RT to make that reservation then expect having to swipe a credit card swipe to make ice and use the bathroom during future stays at a Wyndham Vacation Resort.
    It can be referred to as, "You've been Wyndhamed" when someone or an organization takes something of value from you without just cause or lies to you in order to cheat you out of money through a sale of something that has little to no value. Also, when someone or an organization sneaks into your pocket, wallet, purse, finance accounts, etc., to take your money through false pretenses.

6. iaminak

iaminak Guest

I just booked - cancelled - and booked (because I was trying to figure out how pooled points worked and was making a dummy reservation on purposed, other post) and it took 3 reservation transactions. So, unless I will get the cancelled one back at some point, it IS taking one for each booking and each cancellation... I would doubt very seriously that it will show up later because my points balance and reservation transaction list was updated immediately (unlike the old system were you didn't see some changes for a day or two).

7. nicemann

nicemann TUG Member

Wow really hope it isn't really taking a RT when canceling. That is something worth fighting.

8. iaminak

iaminak Guest

I just went back in and looked and everything else is correct - point balances, current reservations and the reservation transaction log but my RT is still at 4 remaining for the year (was 7 before I booked, cancelled and booked a 2nd reservation). I get 7 a year and only book a vacation or two for my family so it won't affect me but someone who changes their plans or rents, I could see it having a huge impact on.

9. cayman01

cayman01 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Bali Hai, Shearwater
    Pretty sure I read that this changed with the new Voyager system. I am not a VIP so I was very aware of that change in policy.

10. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    The 2017-2018 supplement (page 6-7) does not indicate that a cancellation would take a transaction credit:

"RESERVATION TRANSACTIONS
    A Reservation Transaction is required for reservation activity within the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Program. You receive one complementary Reservation Transaction each calendar year for every 77,000 points you own.

A Reservation Transaction is now required each time one of the following transactions is confirmed:
    • Resort Reservations
    • Worldwide External Exchange deposits
    • Adventures by CLUB WYNDHAM
    • Converting points to maintenance dollars
    • WYNDHAM CLUB Pass reservations
    • Cruising with CLUB WYNDHAM
    Additional Reservation Transactions may be purchased to complete these transactions at the newly reduced rate of $19 when booking online or $39 when speaking to a Vacation Guide.

Please note: CLUB WYNDHAM Gold and Platinum VIP owners continue to enjoy the benefit of unlimited complementary Reservation Transactions."

11. kshell18

kshell18 TUG Member

I thought that a TC was good for everything you did in a single day. Meaning that as long as you did everything in one day, it only used one TC. Did that change with the new website?

12. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    That was a change with the new website. No multiple reservations with a single credit when done on the same day anymore.

13. Jan M.

Jan M. Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    You should call and report this as it appears to be another issue with the new website.

14. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    This was the first reservation(s) you made during this calendar year?

15. iaminak

iaminak Guest

Yes

16. bobbyoc23

bobbyoc23 TUG Member

After using all my reservation transactions for the year I cancelled a reservation and was not required to purchase another reservation transaction. Cancelling a reservation does not use a reservation transaction.

17. iaminak

iaminak Guest

I'm only reporting what happened to me yesterday. We all know that the system is doing weird things - things it maybe shouldn't right now because the website is so screwed up but then we have to call in to fight it.

I went from 7 available transactions to 4... whether that is supposed to happen or not, I'm not arguing, but it did happen. I'm not going to waste a couple hours on the phone fighting it because it won't affect me this time. Unfortunately for all of us right now, we are no longer asking questions about how things should work but having to ask how they are working based on someone's experience in the new website.