• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do not buy from this seller: pennyrcipoints!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not just a simple letter to the County Recorder saying that you were deeded this property without your consent and you want the recording deleted?

George

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope ScubaKat lets us know how this shakes out.

I'm suddenly having a naughty thought about how I might get rid of a timeshare I don't want. I'll just deed it and record it in someone's name out of the phone book.

Yee Haa :hysterical:

Last edited:

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, yea -then I'll bill them $499 for the transfer costs!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked eBay the same question as I never provided my information or signed anything.

I asked about any signatures needed in their transfer paperwork etc and they said non was needed!! When we purchased our Marriott we were asked to send a copy of our driver licenses!

How is this possible that not one signature is needed to transfer? Its easy to get someone's address off the web nowadays. When I first read this post I assumed he had to have forged a signture so its unbelieveable that somehow it isn't necessary.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm suddenly having a naughty thought about how I might get rid of a timeshare I don't want. I'll just deed it and record it in someone's name out of the phone book.

This is funny and scary at the same time if in fact it is that easy. Is it just something with this resort? As the OP mentioned Marriott makes you send in your photo ID and I know I had to sign at least several times in the process.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
They did get deeded exactly what they clicked the Buy It Now button for, the resort was just sold to a new owner and got a name change.
Ah, thanks for the clarification! I didn't realize that it was the same resort, with just a new name.

So, the big question now is whether the deed matches the description in the eBay ad. Whenever I buy a timeshare off of eBay, I always make sure to save the eBay ad. A screen capture works best.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What really bothers me is the seller's refusal to provide an estoppel letter or deed. Whether it's a free week or not, the buyer has a right to verify what they are buying before they accept the week. It's ludicrous to expect the buyer to accept the transfer of the property with no verification of what's actually being purchased!

I guess that's another question to ask the seller upfront - "Will you provide an estoppel letter before the property closes?"

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You were buying Summer Bay Vegas, and you got Orange Lake, Orlando, right? It's Orange Lake Country Club, not desert club? Is there an Orange Lake in Vegas?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Something Is Amiss Here

I know nothing about whether the RCI points the seller is listing on eBay are a good deal or not. But looking at the seller's feedback, it is hard to see how he is the scum he is purported to be.

He has one negative feedback in the last twelve months and that doesn't seem to have come from the OP. He has lots of positive feedback and it is not coming from buyers with a few transactions. Many have hundreds of feedbacks, at least one has thousands. As far as I know, you can't post feedback without a transaction so this isn't a case of a bunch of shills pumping the seller's feedback.

Finally, I've bought a couple dozen timeshare contracts on eBay and have always had to sign a contract. Without a contract, there is no deal.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is this possible that not one signature is needed to transfer? Its easy to get someone's address off the web nowadays. When I first read this post I assumed he had to have forged a signture so its unbelieveable that somehow it isn't necessary.

California Property

Only the Seller's signature goes on a grant deed. There is a validation (notarization) of the signature so if the intent was fraudulent it would be difficult to deny.

In my case the resort management company accepted the recorded copy of the deed and did not require the buyer to sign in order to change the ownerhip the new owner's name

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I will be calling the county recorder tomorrow to see what my options are.

Why not just a simple letter to the County Recorder saying that you were deeded this property without your consent and you want the recording deleted?

George

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bad advice...

Turnabout is fair play. Get the deed registered in their name and send it, via Registered Mail, along with a letter outlining the situation. CC the Attorney General in their state.

I must respectfully but very strongly disagree with this particular piece of "advice".

The one and only goal in this matter should be to invalidate the actual transaction, based upon an apparent misrepresentation of the facts and the product in the advertising. Legal representation (and absorbing the cost thereof) to get the seller's undivided attention and focus might very well be required here in order to actually achieve this goal, since the OP hitting the "Buy it Now" button seems (to me, anyhow) to have very clearly expressed an intent and desire to purchase. It wasn't a "bid" --- it was instead a single, voluntary and overt request to purchase. Accordingly, I'm not certain how (or even if) the non-binding nature of eBay auction bids will actually help the buyer in this particular circumstance.

To instead prepare and record a new deed naming an unknowing and unwilling grantee, as suggested above, would essentially be an act of fraud.
Knowingly and willfully committing fraud as a "turnabout is fair play" strategy would be a most unlikley way to elicit the support of an AG office.

Just sayin'...:shrug:

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought so too.. But if you look at all the feed back from his buyers even though they have hundreds of feedback all their accounts are within a month old and all the buyers positive feedbacks are for penny listings.

He has one negative feedback in the last twelve months and that doesn't seem to have come from the OP. He has lots of positive feedback and it is not coming from buyers with a few transactions. Many have hundreds of feedbacks, at least one has thousands. As far as I know, you can't post feedback without a transaction so this isn't a case of a bunch of shills pumping the seller's feedback.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think what many here are missing is that most deeds dont require a signature from the buyer. only the seller

If I know your name and address I can transfer my timeshare or any real estate to you, without your knowledge and record the deed

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
It could happen to any of us

I just got 2 timeshares from a fellow Tugger. While he did everything above board my signature was not required on the deeds. I did complete a form for the title/transfer company but anyone (who was being fraudulent)could have easily completed the form and sent it back. Once the new deeds were prepared the sellers signauter was the only one required, in fact there was no space for the buyers signature. That kind of had me scratching my head as I am a Realtor. In any event, things went really smooth with my transaction but I can clearly see how this could happen to someone who did not authorize a transfer. This was a FL TS and the deed reccording from time of purchase to transfer in my name only took about 4 days since Fl allows electronic deed recording.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
You were buying Summer Bay Vegas, and you got Orange Lake, Orlando, right? It's Orange Lake Country Club, not desert club? Is there an Orange Lake in Vegas?

My recollection is that Summer Bay is now Orange Lake. But this misses the point which we should be addressing. That is should a deed contain the notarized signatures of both the Seller and Buyer to be valid?

George

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think what many here are missing is that most deeds dont require a signature from the buyer. only the seller

If I know your name and address I can transfer my timeshare or any real estate to you, without your knowledge and record the deed

That is kind of scary! with all the folks trying to get out from under "dog" timeshare weeks and all the PCC operations that are looking to just unload inventory. this could become a new take on Identity theft! "TAG" "You're it" enjoy your new timeshare! :eek:

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score

Now Rick, that would just be Mean! I think we should all deed our unwanted timeshares directly to "pennyrcipoints" :D (just kidding Theo!)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did complete a form for the title/transfer company but anyone (who was being fraudulent)could have easily completed the form and sent it back.

And if you dont use a Title Company no forgery is needed.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope...

With all due respect, I think that you are conveniently overlooking a critically important and fundamental point of law here.

The indisputable fact is that acceptance is an integral requirement for any legally valid deed. Absent the "acceptance" component, voiding an invalid deed to an unknowing, innocent and involuntary "grantee" is relatively straightforward and achievable (albeit a procedural PITA). You might get a bogus deed recorded, but you would be committing (criminallly actionable) fraud in doing so if the grantee was completely unaware of his / her involvement.

Some states require signatures of both buyer and seller on deeds, but in most states only a seller signature is required. In all states, however, grantee acceptance is a clear and fundamental legal requirement. If it wasn't, people could just pick random names out of the phone book to "dump" their unwanted timeshares on innocent and unknowing others.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, I think that you are conveniently overlooking a critically important and fundamental point of law here.

The indisputable fact is that acceptance is an integral requirement for any legally valid deed. Absent the "acceptance" component, voiding an invalid deed to an unknowing, innocent and involuntary "grantee" is relatively straightforward and achievable (albeit a procedural PITA). You might get a bogus deed recorded, but you would be committing (criminallly actionable) fraud in doing so if the grantee was completely unaware of his / her involvement.

Some states require signatures of both buyer and seller on deeds, but in most states only a seller signature is required. In all states, however, grantee acceptance is a clear and fundamental legal requirement. If it wasn't, people could just pick random names out of the phone book to "dump" their unwanted timeshares on innocent and unknowing others.

Party Pooper - I have the deed all Drawn up :rofl:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
OMG, :eek: I responded to one of his ads when I was looking for something and his response was to hit the buy it now button so we could talk more freely. Never even occured to me that he'd me scamming me just to ask more info on the TS that I was interested in. :annoyed:

He/she might be waiting til the time period passes for leaving feedback and then these deeds are being recorded. How long after you had contact with this person did this happen? I know I hit the "buy it now", figuring it was only 1 penny and knowing that "supposedly" ebay is non binding on real estate transactions it should be okay. I hope I wasn't scammed but it appears that I might have been a victim too. I guess we'll see as this was about 2 months ago.

Karen, responded to me with "Do you want the TS deeded in your name?" and included my name and mailing address. I never responded to her. If she deeds me the timeshare that I was inquiring about it is certainly a fraudulent transaction. I was not misunderstanding anything, she's just taking advantage of the situation. This is definitely a new low for these PCC's.

I'll update if I've been scammed as well. :mad:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Thought I'd show you guys the inquiry email that I sent to her and how she responded to my question.:doh:

Dear pennyrcipoints,

Hi,
I see that you are "giving" away alot of RCI points deeds.
Do you
have any biennials?
I own a triennial VVParkway but would like something
that trades into Disney. thanks.

Christine

Karen's resonse from this email:

Yes, I do.

Bid a penny on this auction and I will close it.

That way, we will be able to more easily communicate.

Thank you kindly,

- pennyrcipoints

I assumed she was talking about closing the auction but actually it appears she may have been talking about closing the TS deal. Definitely taking advantage of the situation and of course ebay provided her with my full name and address so she can transfer the deed. :crash:

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Class action lawsuit is what comes to mind.