• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do most Wyndham resorts stay booked up?

MichaelS

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is already somewhere. In my quest to figure the points I need, and the home resort to get, I'm wondering how hard is it to get reservations at locations that are not so resort saturated. I'm sure Orlando always has openings due to so many resorts, but what about lake Lure, NC and Smoky Mountains TN. Those are two I'd likely use. Do they stay booked up? I'm worried it'll take me a year or more to really start using the points like I need to if I can't get something within 6 months of a purchase.

I really need to know if buying into this will not work out. How easy is it to just rent things instead, and is there a club to join that you can rent to close to the same price as owning?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is still a fair amount of availability at 6 months throughout the system

The amount of availability isn't based on just the supply side. Sure there is a lot of Orlando supply, but there is also a lot of Orlando demand

There is a whole lot less demand for western NC so the system gets by with less supply

Regarding rentals. Try this group. They are a travel agency that uses Wyndham timeshares as their inventory.
http://www.tripbound.com/
Just know that except for the really high demand weeks they don't make the reservations until they have a customer. So if the vacation you want isn't available to an owner it won't be there for them either

MichaelS

Reaction score
2mil points....wow. You travel a LOT. I hate not to buy enough points, but it seems counterproductive to over buy and drive up the annual traveling expenses just to use them.

Was that the price per night or for the week?

How many points for VIP, and what benefit do you get? Also, are resold points good to get VIP? What are the different levels I see like "Red" and what are the other levels like Platinum referring to?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
2mil points....wow. You travel a LOT. I hate not to buy enough points, but it seems counterproductive to over buy and drive up the annual traveling expenses just to use them.

Was that the price per night or for the week?

How many points for VIP, and what benefit do you get? Also, are resold points good to get VIP? What are the different levels I see like "Red" and what are the other levels like Platinum referring to?

Red week isn't a term used in Wyndham but in Rci and some other systems red, white and blue "seasons" and are analogous to Wyndham terms like prime, high and value seasons

Wyndham VIP is something available to folks that buy directly from Wyndham and the big benefits are the discounts and upgrades. Also unlimited transactions and housekeeping and more included guest confirmations

Most of the owners that do rentals with their ownershipss are platinum VIPs and get 50% discounts. Some assume that those of us that do rentals should share the discounts with their customers. That dosent always happen. Most renters set their prices at whatever the market will bear