• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney's Old Key West or Marriott during Easter Week?

Nolathyme

TUG Member
Reaction score
I matched on a 1 bedroom unit at Old Key West the week before Easter. I also have a search on 3 Marriott resorts (Cypress Harbour, Harbour Lake and Lakeshore Reserve).

We have two boys 5 and 7 years old. We have decided not to go to any Disney parks during our stay (We may go to Legoland) and mostly stay at the resort.

Where will they kids have more fun? Should I let my hold on Key West go and hope for a match with Marriott or search for a late cancellation? We would want a 1 bedroom or larger at Marriott.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you aren't going to the parks at all, save yourself the DVC $190 nuisance fee and stay somewhere else. However, you should know that Marriotts in RCI are quite rare. Seeing an Easter deposit this late in the game is very unlikely. There are tons of great Orlando-area resorts.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would say take the dvc as a bird in hand for Easter week can't be underestimated at this point. Okw is a larger dvc so the 1 bedroom would be larger than a 1 bedroom at most of the Marriott's.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The OP must be using II to search for the Marriott's. Of the three, only Cypress Harbour is dual affiliated with RCI.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
The OP must be using II to search for the Marriott's. Of the three, only Cypress Harbour is dual affiliated with RCI.
But then Disney is only affiliated with RCI. Perhaps OP owns either DVC or Marriott and is searching internally as well? Or searching both RCI and II (but why anyone would pay for two exchange memberships is beyond me).

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I matched on a 1 bedroom unit at Old Key West the week before Easter. I also have a search on 3 Marriott resorts (Cypress Harbour, Harbour Lake and Lakeshore Reserve).

We have two boys 5 and 7 years old. We have decided not to go to any Disney parks during our stay (We may go to Legoland) and mostly stay at the resort.

Where will they kids have more fun? Should I let my hold on Key West go and hope for a match with Marriott or search for a late cancellation? We would want a 1 bedroom or larger at Marriott.

Since you're in RCI, don't count Wyndham Bonnet Creek out. The pools are phenomenal. We didn't do any of the activities, but I understand there are a lot of them and they are great for the kids.

If you wanted to spend that ~200 DVC fee but not get any of the WDW benefits, you could use the money to reserve a pool cabana at Bonnet Creek for two of the days at $99 per day.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't think Bonnet Creek is going to deposit Easter weeks at this point but you never know.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think Bonnet Creek is going to deposit Easter weeks at this point but you never know.

Could be a cancellation, you never know. I just wouldn't gloss over if I saw one simply because it isn't Marriott or DVC

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
But then Disney is only affiliated with RCI. Perhaps OP owns either DVC or Marriott and is searching internally as well? Or searching both RCI and II (but why anyone would pay for two exchange memberships is beyond me).
We really don't know what the OP owns. Many people own many timeshares and can have other properties that they own that are affiliated with a different exchange company. It is possible that that the OP owns another II affiliated timeshare and is also searching with that.