• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dikhololo Maintenance Fee Payment

jojotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else still having problems making their maintenance fee payment? I e-mailed "fin@dikhololo.co.za" on 4/19, and "judy@dikhololo.co.za" on 4/26, and "contact-us@dihololo.co.za" on 5/6.

To date I have still not received a response on whether or not they received my e-mail containing my payment information. How would it come across on your cc statement? I have a $298.70 "financial institution" charge dated 5/4, might that be it?

No week has been deposited into my RCI account yet. . . . and I have never had problems in the past getting this taken care of.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
It should not show as a financial institution. That designation would raise concerns of being treated as a cash advance, which I have heard has happened at another SA timeshare but have never heard of it at Dik. A cash advance designation means extra fees and interest. Many travel agencies in the country I work in have a bad habit of charging airline ticket purchases as ''cash advances'' to avoid fees to themselves and put fees on the customer instead.

sylvia

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent my deposit email to judy@dikhololo.co.za on April 12. The charge to my credit card was posted on April 18 and was listed as:
M*DIKHOLOLO FINANSIES BRITS ZA.

What is REALLY irking me is that all of my 1 bedroom Dik and Sudwala units were valued at 13 and this brand new deposit is only 11. What happened in just these few months??? And why so low when I deposited way ahead of time??? grrr.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not heard of Dik putting these charges in as a cash advance, and it really is not that important what they call it as long as your credit card company did not treat it as a cash advance. Dik flexi weeks have different values, and you may have been assigned one of lower value.

BTW, the rand has been in a slight retreat on the forex markets of late.

shar

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seatime, Aruba Divi Phoenix, A Place at the Beach III
I still have not had mine charged or deposit made since end of March. Emailed several times and one person says to contract someone else, but they do not respond. Strange that they do not want my money.

Anyone else having this problem still?

Shar

tonigirl3

Reaction score
I have not heard of Dik putting these charges in as a cash advance, and it really is not that important what they call it as long as your credit card company did not treat it as a cash advance. Dik flexi weeks have different values, and you may have been assigned one of lower value.

BTW, the rand has been in a slight retreat on the forex markets of late.

I am so relieved to find I was not the only one with the problem of being charged cash advance fees when I paid my maintenance. Something pretty evil is going on at Dikhololo. Credit card company said this is coded as a financial institution. I was charged a total of approx. $80-90 for 1 month in fees. Fought this and put in many hours and finally got c.c. to take it off. However Dikhololo claimed they had never heard of this and no one else had this problem. Now I am worried about paying my 2012 fees.:confused:

EWSteyn

Reaction score
Something pretty evil is going on at Dikhololo.

Nonsense!!! Dikhololo does thousands of credit card payments, and if we assume that the fault is at Dikhololo (which I dont think) and you can only give two examples of where it is wrongly coded, then they are doing a pretty awesome job! Also, why would your credit card company pay you back if it is not their fault? :ponder:

Mimi39

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've always paid my maintainance fee through the Mount Amanzi website, the transaction was handled promptly with no problems. Today I tried to do this and there is no longer a link on their website for paying fees. What's up with that? Since people have experienced so many problems paying what method should I use?

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing that is very annoying about processing at many SA resorts is that they often dawdle in getting it done. You send them the info to process a payment while there is a good exchange rate, and they take several weeks to get it done, and then the exchange rate is not so good.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
In my experience, Sudwala is very quick and efficient. Send an email confirming credit card # they have on file (last 4 digits), and it's in your RCI account pronto. I love dealing with them.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Processing my credit card while exxhange rates are favorable is more important to me than getting the deposit into an exchange company quickly. I hope Sudwala is just as efficient at that aspect.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carolinian,
Honestly, I haven't used the stopwatch on them :D, but I think in the past it's been only a day or two.
I can understand your comment--heck, I was here shouting about the exchange rate being up to 8.26 I think, and now it's just above 8 and appears to be going down quickly.

Hope someone grabbed it at that time (and their resort put it through immediately).

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
arrgghh

I sent a payment instruction when the rate was over 8.5, and did not hear back from Sudwala. My card was not charged, so I sent another instruction saying Don't! I heard back from Niky saying ISP service problems caused the first email not to reach them. She as such, did not hit my card, but at least, she didn't hit it at sub-eight, either. I personally think it will be back close to 8.5 again soon, unless Merkel and Sarkozy pull a rabbit out of the hat.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great attitude. :) Yes, I'm sure it will creep back up, and next time I'm going to jump on it and pre-pay 2013 I think. No major risk, if it goes down I get a credit to apply to the next year, if it goes up from their estimate, they just bill me the difference.

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Over 8.30 to 1 at this afternoon's close. Probably time to pop on payment of my 2013 estimated MF's. ;)

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Watching--I just get the automated exchange rate notices daily, so you must be on an earlier schedule. Your postings always are a bit higher than what I see later in the day. I am ready to pounce...:p

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just watch the Yahoo Finance page's currency converter - 5 minutes ago it was at 8.395...

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just sent the email - hope they get it this time... Looks like the rate will be 8.5 or close if they get the email right away.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just saw a notice of about 8.35. Too much going on to do it tonight, but I'm with you--I'll get it in and hope it catches the upward drift before coming back down. Congrats!

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got confirmation from the resort that they charged my card this morning. Now to see how the credit card provider calculates the exchange...