*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between Cliffs Club and Cliffs Resort, Kauai

Discussion in 'US - Hawaii Timesharing' started by Calyn79, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Calyn79

Calyn79 TUG Member

What is the main difference between the two resort designations as I am confused. Is one more sought after than the other? Someone must know the answer.

Thank you.

2. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

3. dude-luv

dude-luv TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

The Difference

Both the Cliffs Resort and the Cliffs Club occupy the same set of buildings. Owners of weeks in the Cliffs Resort can reserve a week at any time during the year. Owners of the Cliffs Club can only reserve within their season (Pikake Season Weeks 2-16, Plumeria Season Weeks 17-34, Ginger/Protea Season Weeks 35-50).

Note that there appears to be more units, especially the best units in buildings 8 and 9, that belong to the Cliffs Club. While owners of the Cliffs Club are restricted to reserving within their season, they have much better choices. A list exists which shows which units are assigned and the respective check in days for each of the Cliffs Club and the Cliffs Resort. I believe that list has been posted before on TUG in the past. The trick is to reserve building 8 or building 9.

4. dude-luv

More on the Difference

I recaptured this from a thread I replied to a long time ago.

Perhaps a few tips are in order. If you have stayed at the Cliffs then you will realize that buildings 8 and 9 are the prize catches. The Cliffs Club and Cliffs Resort both share the Cliffs.

If your check-in is Friday and you belong to the Cliffs Club then request one of 8304, 8305, 9106, 9204, 9205, 9206, 9301, 9304 or 9305. If you own a one bedroom and loft (two bathroom sleeps 6) then the units are 8304, 8305, 9301, 9304 or 9305.

If your check-in is Friday and you belong to the Cliffs Resort then you can only request 8105, 8302 and 9101.

If your check-in is Saturday and you belong to the Cliffs Club then you can request 8102, 8202, 8206, 8303, 9105 or 9303. Only 8303 and 9303 are one bedroom plus loft.

If your check-in is Saturday and you belong to the Cliffs Resort then you won't get anything in buildings 8 or 9.

If your check-in is Sunday and you belong to the Cliffs Club then request 8106.

There is no other inventory for buildings 8 and 9.

Hope this helps. Note that exchangers will get the less desireable buildings 1 through 4.

5. katsgarden

katsgarden TUG Member

I've just exchanged into The Cliff's Club (9/5 SAT). Do the exchangers always get buildings 1 thru 4, even if there is availability in 8 or 9?
    Have the units been refurbished? There are a lot of mixed reviews on TUG.

6. dude-luv

Exchanging

Of course it is not automatic that exchangers get buildings 1 through 4 (at least I can't absolutely verify this). However, that is the word. I would think that if someone exchanged in at a time when the availability of buildings 8 or 9 is open, who knows. As far as refurbishing the units, I have only stayed in buildings 8 or 9 and can verify that they have been done. I can't speak for the other buildings but can tell you that the upgrade process is ongoing and is intended to cover all the units. The pool and registration area are new. The pool should be finished by now if things are still on track.

After purchasing at the Cliff's Club and having stayed at many timeshares on Kauai, I can't figure out why these units have no value. But that is another issue.