*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Diamond-The Club and Great Wolf Lodge

Discussion in 'Diamond Resorts International - DRI' started by tschwa2, Jun 11, 2011.

1. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    I saw Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, VA is an affilliate in The Club with points assigned for nightly stays. Does availability come up very often and is it last minute or further out?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  2. csalter2

csalter2 TUG Member

Diamond's Club

I am not sure if the Great Wolf Lodge is a part of DRI's system. They do have 2 resorts in Williamsburg, VA but they are Greensprings Vacation Resort and The Historic Powhatan Resort. If either of of these is not the Great Wolfe Lodge in Williamsbridge,VA, then they are not in Diamond.

Both of these resorts have availability in the summer.

3. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    I was actually looking up information about greenspring and powhatten when I came across the directory with the points chart in it. It happened to be from the European website but at http://www.diamondresorts.com/europe/pdf/ReservationsDirectory.pdf I saw Great Wolf Lodge (waterpark) listed. Now, when I went back in to look, it seems the Virginia location is not included but it does include ones in Texas, Ohio, Washington, North Carolina, and Wisconsin.

4. oneohana

oneohana TUG Member

What about the one they are going to build in Anaheim? Down the road from Disneyland.

5. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Williamsburg Great Wolf Lodge is in the 2012 DRI Club directory for nightly stays. This isn't the solicitation to rent- this is the questioning of availability to see if it would be worth making a wanted to rent request. Can anyone verify if summer nights any day of the week ever becomes available with points and/or if off season weekends ever are available using DRI Club points?

DRI Club Reservations Directory 2012 pg 48. The pdf wouldn't let me cut and paste the page for Virginia.

6. dwmantz

dwmantz TUG Member

Williamsburg Great Wolf Lodge definitely IS included as an AFFILIATE resort. I assume DRI takes your points and then buys the nights at some agreed upon rate from Great Wolf.

Also, the going rate is a MEGA amount of points!

7. dwojo

dwojo Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

If you explore Diamonds website there are quite a few Great Wolf Lodges as Diamond affiliates

8. T_R_Oglodyte

T_R_Oglodyte TUG Lifetime Member

Yes - Diamond has established a relationship with Great Wolf, as they have with a number of other non-timeshare properties.

I suspect that, like almost all such deals, if you compare the effective price you pay by using DRI points versus doing a direct booking after doing some basic deal searching, you will find that using DRI points is pretty expensive.