• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

travelplus

Reaction score
I called early this morning and got an Interval TDI(Trading Power) index of 110 for our White Week. Interestingly enough the Thanksgiving week only pulled 95 for our 2 bedroom Lock Off at the Desert Springs Villas 2.

Is the TDI of 110 good for our season? The week before Thanksgiving which was gone as I would have suspected was 125 so this was the next best week. I did a Deposit rather than a Request First because we get one year before and two years after the date to book and we know we will not go to Palm Desert as we have other weeks on Interval.

Perhaps we will return to the Sedona Summit where we own a two bedroom for two weeks in December 2017 as we are doing this December or go somewhere else. So many options to chose from.

As Marriott is an Elite Resort we should have good choices wherever we decide to go. I was so close to selling the week but the sales agent could not give us enough and its just worth paying the MF's so we can stay at nice properties worldwide when we exchange.

I look forward to reading your replies.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Ok, you have my attention. I've been curious about trading power for a long time as well as what week is the best one to reserve. We also own a white week at DSV2. We almost always lock off, and usually the Master and the efficiency both seem to trade pretty well.

And we also own an EOY 2BR lockoff at Sedona Summit. In general, the Master side of Sedona Summit trades pretty well for us. The efficiency side of Sedona Summit seems to be a much weaker trader.

Generally I look at the Travel Demand Index chart that shows up on Interval's website. I've never gotten an actual number for TDI. But looking at the chart, usually Thanksgiving week (usually week 46 or 47) shows the highest TDI in our white season at DSV2. I have a DSV1 and 2 calendar. For 2017, week 46 is Thanksgiving week. That's the week I reserved, locked off, and deposited to Interval. Getting through on the phone to reserve a room is not easy. I tried to get dates that included the actual day of Thanksgiving, but I was told these were all gone by the time I finally got through to a rep. So here is what I see in my account for that deposit: Usage:Nov 12 2017 - Nov 19 2017 Week 46

I'll upload a copy of the calendar.

So I want to ask a few questions:
1. what dates did you reserve? If you don't recall, just sign onto Interval and check the My Units section. I can then go to the calendar and see what week those dates fall in. If I understand your post, you reserved a week other than Thanksgiving (which is week 46 in 2017)?
2. how did you get that number of 110 for TDI? Did you simply call and ask an Interval rep? Interval reps have always been very hush, hush with me, as if the TDI is top secret.

I confess that I can't answer your main question. Since I've never seen a number for the trading power of our weeks, I have no idea what the range is.

Attachments

• Marriott Desert Springs Villas CALENDAR thru 2019.pdf
    56.2 KB · Views: 72

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, you have my attention. I've been curious about trading power for a long time as well as what week is the best one to reserve. We also own a white week at DSV2. We almost always lock off, and usually the Master and the efficiency both seem to trade pretty well.

And we also own an EOY 2BR lockoff at Sedona Summit. In general, the Master side of Sedona Summit trades pretty well for us. The efficiency side of Sedona Summit seems to be a much weaker trader.

Generally I look at the Travel Demand Index chart that shows up on Interval's website. I've never gotten an actual number for TDI. But looking at the chart, usually Thanksgiving week (usually week 46 or 47) shows the highest TDI in our white season at DSV2. I have a DSV1 and 2 calendar. For 2017, week 46 is Thanksgiving week. That's the week I reserved, locked off, and deposited to Interval. Getting through on the phone to reserve a room is not easy. I tried to get dates that included the actual day of Thanksgiving, but I was told these were all gone by the time I finally got through to a rep. So here is what I see in my account for that deposit: Usage:Nov 12 2017 - Nov 19 2017 Week 46

1. what dates did you reserve? If you don't recall, just sign onto Interval and check the My Units section. I can then go to the calendar and see what week those dates fall in. If I understand your post, you reserved a week other than Thanksgiving (which is week 46 in 2017)?
2. how did you get that number of 110 for TDI? Did you simply call and ask an Interval rep? Interval reps have always been very hush, hush with me, as if the TDI is top secret.

I confess that I can't answer your main question. Since I've never seen a number for the trading power of our weeks, I have no idea what the range is.

Look at the II Resort Directory.
Find your resort.
To the right of the photo is a link labeled Travel Demand Index. It is a graph. (Ignore the yellow letters TDI 36 - that is meaningless.) Instead, scroll all the way down, and you will see the X axis: it begins with 50 and ends with 150. Count by 5s and you'll find the TDI for the week you have deposited.
Week 45 = 110
Week 46 = 125

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Thanks. I'm familiar with the TDI chart, but had never noticed those numbers at the very bottom of the chart.

So this means that the OP must be looking at week 47 and calling that Thanksgiving week 2017. That week has a TDI of 95 at DSV1 and 2. The OP must have booked either week 45 or week 44, which have a TDI of 110 on the chart. (And, to answer the OP's question, a TDI of 110 is pretty good within the white season. White is weeks 22-27, and weeks 36-49.)

Thanksgiving day 2017 is Thursday, November 23.

travelplus

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Sounds like I did the best I could for our week.

travelplus

Reaction score

Answers to your question. I deposited the week of November 10th 2017.
2 I asked the Rep what is the TDI and she told me after I had originally deposited the Thanksgiving week when I pressed the agent about November 10th she realized I would do better so called II to cancel and re deposit it for November 10th.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I noticed something similar with the Orlando TDI. When booking our Harbour Lake week, I was expecting Thanksgiving to have a higher TDI than any of the other fall gold weeks. I noticed that both weeks 43 and 46 have a TDI of 105. Looking at the Harbour Lake calendar, it looks like week 46 is Thanksgiving. So I opted to just book week 43 and forego trying to call in to book Thanksgiving week.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
I own a Shadow Ridge at Palm Desert/Springs. Although I try to book week 46 before locking off, because of the TDI, I've had really good luck with week 47. Better for golfing than that hot summer heat in the desert.

On the flip-side, week 47 is a great time to come to Hawaii, it's always deader than a door nail, so we get really great OF rooms, unless we're in Waikoloa like we are now, just a golf course/mountain view.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I called early this morning and got an Interval TDI(Trading Power) index of 110 for our White Week. Interestingly enough the Thanksgiving week only pulled 95 for our 2 bedroom Lock Off at the Desert Springs Villas 2.

Is the TDI of 110 good for our season? The week before Thanksgiving which was gone as I would have suspected was 125 so this was the next best week. I did a Deposit rather than a Request First because we get one year before and two years after the date to book and we know we will not go to Palm Desert as we have other weeks on Interval.
[...]

I look forward to reading your replies.
I'm confused about what you have posted. "Thanksgiving week" in 2017 is week 46, with a TDI of 125. What do you mean "the Thanksgiving week only pulled 95 for our 2 bedroom Lock Off at the Desert Springs Villas 2."? Did you mean the week after Thanksgiving?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
TDI does not mean the trading power that you receive. TDI shows the relative demand for a given region. That's said sometimes the highest TDI on the chart is the highest trading power week but this is not always the case.