• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Delays in getting Approved RCI Points in to accounts after 1/2 mounth has passed

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge, I was told tonight by RCI’s Guide Steven (who’s RCI ID is UBV) at 7:41 PM CST that RCI has only ONE person confirming and transferring weeks into all of the weeks for RCI Points Deposits for the PFD program.

I told him despite his condescending attitude I did not believe that RCI had only one person to do all of that work.

Steven claimed it now can take up to one month to have your account credited for those RCI Points even after those weeks have been approved and verified by RCI because RCI has only one person employed to do that huge amount of work.

His replies were in regards to us asking why that the RCI Points for 8 weeks we deposited on May 21, 2007 are still not credited to our accounts even after being approved by RCI 14 days ago.

I had also informed him that all 8 weeks deposited had been already been approved by RCI as per Official Printed RCI “Spacebank Deposit Acknowledgement” that was sent to us last week with a confirmation “enter date of May 22, 2007” for all of those 8 weeks.

I told him that they had charged our charge card the $208. two weeks ago for those deposits and that they were also approved that same day as per that ” Printed Official RCI “Spacebank Deposit Acknowledgement” that we received.

His response, answers, attitude and were IMHO not credit to RCI. His insistent reply did not seem factual that only ONE RCI person is doing all of the weeks for Points deposit credits for that whole PFD program.

I can not believe with the new printed promotional material like RCI just sent us sent boldly stating on the front of the envelope “Announcing BIG CHANGES that will help you make the of you RCI Points” and stating on back of that same envelope “GOING FARTHER Than ever before”.

I can not believe that RCI would create such a :wall: bottle neck for RCI Points owners by having only one person to do all of that work in getting RCI posted to hundreds of thousands of RCI Points accounts.

PS listen to the tape of our conversation as RCI’s Steven states that several times that there is only ONE RCI employee working on getting those points into the RCI Point accounts in the PFD program.

Is RCI’s Steven correct, or incorrect?

Bruce

Last edited:

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce,

I'm sorry to hear of the frustrating experience you had with our Points Guide.

One person is primarily responsible for the transfer of points from Points-for-Deposit. However, there is more automation built into the process now than when it was first introduced. From what I've seen it typically does not even take the two weeks we advise members to expect.

Please send an e-mail to feedback@rci.com with TUG in the subject line. The Communications Team can check your account status for you.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge, sorry to say after 21 days not one RCI Point has been credited to our 2accounts out of the 8 weeks we deposited into our accounts on May 21, 2007 and paid $208 on May 21, 2007 to do so.

Just a observation about 2 years ago when we did not have to paid $208. to deposit 8 weeks for PFD we got our points cerited to our Points accounts in about 3 to 7 days.

Now that we have pay $208 compared to $0 about 2 years ago to deposit weeks for worst customer service :mad:

Maybe the service has made worst by by having to have more accounts with more :mad: exspenses caused by RCI's unpublished rule limit of 4 weeks from one resort banked per RCI Points account.

Maybe when we get back from Door County by this week end RCI will be able to get those Points put into our 2 accounts before a full month has passed.

Sad :( to say that I have bought some tinmeshares who's closing has been done faster than it takes RCI to put our paid for Points into our accounts.

Bruce :(

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce,

Your experience does not match what I've been seeing overall. To research your specific issues, please work with the Communications Team by sending an e-mail to feedback@rci.com with "TUG - Attn: Madge" in the subject line. Delays that long are just not typical or acceptable.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge, all info sent as per your request to Att. Madge.

Thank you for providing the link to click on to.

Bruce

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge, I forgot to put Tug on the Suject line.

Here if you need it is here is the case number RCI assigned it.

Thank you for your e-mail. Your message has been assigned case number

Bruce

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bruce, adding "Attn: Madge" will work just fine! :)

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge, It appears that the RCI guide was incorrect that it might take up to a month to have our RCI Points, it has now been more than a month.

Here is my reply to the nameless :eek: someone at RCI stating they have not after a month gotten it correct. In regards to their reseach I provided all of the information they needed several times. The first time was back on May 21, 2007.

I really do not want to get all of the RCI emails about their extra vacations, etc and how much more that I will benifit from being a RCI Point owner than before.

This We are :bawl: paying more now RCI Point services and getting poorer service as instead of a week or less to have those RCI Points being credited to our account we are now waiting over one month and counting waiting for RCI to credit our paid for RCI Points to our account.

All I want is to be credited with the Points we banked and paid for other a month ago instead getting more and more Marketing snail mail and emails than ever before.

IMHO I would hope they would send less money on marketing and more money on providing customer service.

Just call me very frustrated. :mad: Bruce.

----- Original Message -----
To: "Feedback" <feedback@rci.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 4:26 PM
Subject: Re: Attn Magde (KMM2143519I10L0KM)

> Here are the details again. We have named the RCI People by their RCI Code
> names.
>
> These * weeks were Oked 4 weeks ago yesterday as per RCI Wriiten Depoist
> Confirmation.
>
> Besides our not having the use of our RCI Points that we paid for over 4
> weeks ago you have now caused me to waste about 3 hours of my time of my
> time because of your misshadling my account again and Not maintaining
> professional standards.
>
> It would be nice when you send your reply their would be a name instead
> of being a nameless reply so this does not fall through the cracks again..
> Sincerely,
> Bruce Czajkowski
> judybruce@wi.rr.com
>
>
> Madge, at the sending of this email those weeks we deposited have not
> shown up in the 2 RCI Points accounts that we deposited the 8 CMV weeks
> into. These deposits were all approved on 5/22/2007 as per RCI Spacebank
> Deposit Acknowledgement letters sent to us.
>
> Each of our 2 accounts should each have been credited with 114,000 more
> RCI Points.
>
> The total amount of Points deposited 28 days ago with RCI's SIB (Sherry)
> was 4 weeks worth 114,000 RCI Points into our RCI Points account #
> 1-XXXXXXX. That should have brought the total present amount of 539,288
> RCI Points up to 653,288 in that account.
>
> The total amount of Points deposited 28 days ago at 6:48 PM CST with RCI's
> DB5 (Don) was 4 weeks worth 114,000 RCI Points into our newer RCI Points
> account # 1-.XXXXXXX.
> That should have brought the total present amount of 79,000 RCI Points up
> to 193,000 RCI Points in that account.
>
> Hopefully this can be completed by this Tuesday as we have some big point
> bookings we want to do asap.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Feedback" <feedback@rci.com>
> To: "Judy & Bruce Czajkowski" <judybruce@wi.rr.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:34 PM
> Subject: Re: Attn Magde (KMM214XXXXXXXX)
>
>
> Hello,
>
> We are responding at the request of Madge. Please allow us to do some
> research on your account and follow up with you. Sorry to hear of the
> delays.
>
> We value your participation in our program.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> E-Communications
> RCI - North America
>
>
> Original Message Follows:
> ------------------------
> Madge, at the sending of this email those weeks we deposited have not
> shown up in the 2 RCI Points accounts that we deposited the 8 CMV weeks
> into. These deposits were all approved on 5/22/2007 as per RCI
> Spacebank Deposit Acknowledgement letters sent to us.
>
> Each of our 2 accounts should each have been credited with 114,000
> more RCI Points.
>
> The total amount of Points deposited 28 days ago with RCI's SIB
> (Sherry) was 4 weeks worth 114,000 RCI Points into our RCI Points
> account # 1-XXXXX. That should have brought the total present amount of
> 539,288 RCI Points up to 653,288 in that account.
>
> The total amount of Points deposited 28 days ago at 6:48 PM CST with
> RCI's DB5 (Don) was 4 weeks worth 114,000 RCI Points into our newer RCI
> Points account # 1-.XXXXX.
> That should have brought the total present amount of 79,000 RCI Points
> up to 193,000 RCI Points in that account.
>
> Hopefully this can be completed by this Tuesday as we have some big
> point bookings we want to do asap.
>
> Sincerely,
> Bruce Czajkowski
> judybruce@wi.rr.com
> Sent June 17, 2007 at 12:47 CST
>
> ">
>

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce,

It is my understanding that our supervisor James has resolved this for you. Should you have any trouble in the future, I strongly encourage you to work with James as he is now familiar with your account and how you prefer to allocate your Points-for-Deposit.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge, we have ben working James since last week and 4 of of those 8 weeks have been:D put into one of our two seperate RCI Points Cliffs At Peace Canyon account.

When I talked to James this weekend he said that the other 4 weeks we deposited 5 weeks ago were being credited into our RCI Points Summer Bay account. As of 6:40 AM CST this morning those 114,0000 RCI Points were still not in our account. But seeing James said it might be early this week when those RCI Points credited to our Summer bay account I am sure it will get done.

The only reason we have to have 3 seperate accounts instead of one is RCI changed the rules and terms on how many weeks can be deposited into one account. So the sitution is of RCI's doing. I have talked to 8 other RCI Points members who because of the new rules are have become multi RCI Points account owners and they have not had the quite same type of problems as of yet.

In fact after this new unwritten rule went into effect this past February I mentioned to James that if some of the RCI VG had problems with the one account we had before, then I told him I thought they would have more problems with 3 accounts. The 8 weeks we deposited back on May 21 were our first RCI Points deposits since RCI changed those rules.

I am sure you can appreciate that we were not overjoyed in order to have access to the same amount of RCI Points as before that we had to buy 2 more RCI Point Resorts costing us a few thousand dollars plus paying the $199 fee to RCI for each new account and now pay RCI $297 yearly for those 3 account fees.

But it does help having James to work with. In fact James on this Saturday got the ball rolling in regards to getting something done with our oldest RCI Points account. Thank you :hi: James for your help and cooperation on that matter.

Bruce

In regards to
Bruce,

It is my understanding that our supervisor James has resolved this for you. Should you have any trouble in the future, I strongly encourage you to work with James as he is now familiar with your account and how you prefer to allocate your Points-for-Deposit.

Last edited:

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce,

If Points-for-Deposit becomes too difficult operationally to continue (and the limits we attempt to put in place do not have the result of easing the situation), RCI may choose to discontinue the program altogether. It was never meant to be a permanent feature of RCI Points.

Should you have any other questions related to your accounts, please direct them either to James by telephone, or to feedback@rci.com by e-mail. I have personally made an effort to be sure that you have clear, effective channels to use within RCI. I hope you will find future experiences with our service to be more positive.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge, James had :whoopie: it completely taken care of on this past Monday.

I apologize for not acknowning that fact sooner but we had some other projects that kept us busy so I had not checked our accounts until this morning.

Thanks for both yours and James help.

Bruce :D