• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cypress Harbor - wireless?

Betsy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there wireless internet access in the villas at Cypress Harbor? If so is there a fee?

We are currently at Legends Edge in Panama City and are enjoying wi/fi at no charge.

saturn28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at Cypress Harbor for Christmas and there is no wireless internet. However, they have hard wired internet in all the condos and there is no charge.

madra dubh

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wireless in the Pool Area and Lounge

I was at Cypress Harbour in Dec. Saturn28 is right about the internet service in the units and the cost ($0). But I believe the pool area near the Reception Area and the Reception/Lounge area hot spots. However, I didn't test it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We have had wireless internet for free at Cypress Harbour. It was great!

I wish Disney resorts had it, but they don't provide it, even for the $95 fee; you have to pay $19,95 a day. So we take our laptop to a hot spot, usually near a hotel or nice restaurant. It works okay, but Disney should consider offering this service free to guests.

Werner Weiss

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have had wireless internet for free at Cypress Harbour. It was great!

I wish Disney resorts had it, but they don't provide it, even for the $95 fee; you have to pay $19,95 a day. So we take our laptop to a hot spot, usually near a hotel or nice restaurant. It works okay, but Disney should consider offering this service free to guests.
I'm a Marriott Vacation Club owner (two resorts), and I'm now once again a Disney Vacation Club owner (after having sold a couple of years ago).

I stayed at Marriott's Cypress Harbour in October 2007 through a bonus week exchange. I had free Internet in the room using an ethernet port at the desk. The speed was much slower than at home, but acceptable. There was no wireless Internet in the room.

According to Internet reports, Disney Vacation Club (DVC) management at the annual DVC member meetings last month announced free internet access for DVC members staying at DVC resorts (on DVC points) beginning in 2008. This will be wired Internet that's already in the resorts. Cash guests will still be charged the current $9.95 per 24 hours.

There was nothing in those reports about II members trading into DVC resorts, so I contacted DVC through a form on the DVC member site. Initially, I received an e-mail response:

"At this time, Interval International Members who trade to stay in a Disney Vacation Club Resort will still have to pay for the Internet Access. This is only free to Disney Vacation Club Members who stay in a Disney Vacation Club Resort and use their Vacation Points."​

I replied by e-mail that Interval International exchanges come from DVC member inventory, and should include the same services as DVC member stays. After all, we DVC members pay for those services through our annual dues. Also, DVC already charges a $95 "resort services fee" so that inbound exchange guests receive the same services as DVC members staying on points.

Today I spoke with Sheila in DVC Member Correspondence. First, Sheila said the start date had not yet been established, but it should be this spring. Then Sheila explained that she had researched the matter, and II exchange guests would not have to pay for high-speed Internet. She agreed that the $95 fee provides inbound exchange guests with the same services as DVC members on points.

I suggested that it would be good idea for DVC to publish the full policy on the DVC Member website. Free Internet not just a rumor, because DVC management announced it to members who attended their resort's annual meetings. Now it's time for DVC to announce it to the rest of the DVC membership, and to explain the full rules.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Rick says we did have to plug our laptop into a wire that was at the desk. I was just so glad to have it, I didn't really remember that I was stuck at the desk in the dining room. I love the services that Marriott provides for free. :)

But our little ol' ordinary, not five-star, podunk, timeshare resort in Winter Park has wireless internet and even has Select Comfort Sleep Number beds, as of November 9th! :cheer: Interval does not value our resort, even our prime ski weeks. They are going to be sorry in a few short months, when I start talking up the alternate exchange companies to all of our loyal owners, as soon as our "exclusive" contract with them is over and done. :p

Great about the Disney! I hope they change that policy about February 1st, when we are at Saratoga Springs in a two-bedroom there for a week. :D I really appreciate the internet access because how else am I going to talk to my TUG friends.

Vistana Villages also had wireless internet. I just had to connect to it every two days or so.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Rick says we did have to plug our laptop into a wire that was at the desk. I was just so glad to have it, I didn't really remember that I was stuck at the desk in the dining room. I love the services that Marriott provides for free. :)

Free? It isn't free. My MGV financial statement includes a charge for that internet of $2.97. While this isn't expensive, it isn't free. Owners do pay for every service that is offered at their resorts.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free? It isn't free. My MGV financial statement includes a charge for that internet of $2.97. While this isn't expensive, it isn't free. Owners do pay for every service that is offered at their resorts.

Just as we pay for those services at our resort, where I am on the board, but our maintenance fees are probably considerably lower than yours. :)