• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Currently at Grand Luxxe in Nuevo

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
Oh and there are lounges and pools everywhere and bathrooms in the lobbies so I'm sure you'll be fine relaxing after checkout until time to leave for airport. Not sure about a courtesy room for showering.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We are here now and shuttle took us directly from Tower 4 of Grand Luxxe to taxi site yesterday. It was about $5 to get to Vallarta Adventures for the Dolphine Swim (I won an excursion playing bingo). I hear it is $15-$20 taxi ride to Puerto Vallarta

I think the only way to access a public bus is walk to Sea Garden on beach and through their lobby. Anyone have a better idea on getting to public buses or is taxi best? Also where is the Sea Garden? Closer to Grand Luxxe on beach or the Grand Mayan?

Walk to VIDANTA SEA GARDEN -

exit onto the beach near the Grand Mayan pool , kids club / splash pool & Ola Mulata (beachfront) restaurant .
Looking at the water - you walk to the right you will initially pass the Sea Turtle / egg hatchery -release sanctuary . The SG will be about 1200 feet ) past 4 (full ownership) condo buildings . You will then see the SG pool & building and you can enter & head towards the lobby & bell staff / driveway entrance area .
There is an OXXO about 100 yds from the SG driveway entrance . The Public busses & the collectivos stop across the street from OXXO
The bell staff or front desk can help if you have questions

There is a Santander bank money machine in the Vidanta Sun Market connected to SG .
There are a numerous restaurants in walking distance to the SG - in the Nuevo Vallarta marina area.

The bus line ATM - has buses that go to Puerto Vallarta & Bucerias . I think they were gray colour

The Sea Garden NV has about 200 suites- 1 bedroom suites & hotel rooms ( Vitanta term - master suites) <no lockoff format > . Like all Vidanta brands it has daily maid & towel service +
a nightime turndown / chocolate kisses & available towel service . -

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
changed and retrieve luggage at Taxi area, did a minor repack before getting taxi to airport.

Don't forget to put the sunscreen into the checked luggage .

We forgot one year and $20 of sunscreen went in the trash can at the PV airport inspection scanner .

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here now and shuttle took us directly from Tower 4 of Grand Luxxe to taxi site yesterday. <snip>

This place is awesome and I'm glad I traded in before the fee changed. With the $75 resort fee I'm getting very fast internet all over the resort. <snip>

Thanks for your informative post.
How many devices can you have using wifi simultaneously? If you get a chance, would you please post a photo of the week's activity schedule?

We'll be there in a couple of weeks....

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
Walk to VIDANTA SEA GARDEN -

exit onto the beach near the Grand Mayan pool , kids club / splash pool & Ola Mulata (beachfront) restaurant .
Looking at the water - you walk to the right you will initially pass the Sea Turtle / egg hatchery -release sanctuary . The SG will be about 1200 feet ) past 4 (full ownership) condo buildings . You will then see the SG pool & building and you can enter & head towards the lobby & bell staff / driveway entrance area .
There is an OXXO about 100 yds from the SG driveway entrance . The Public busses & the collectivos stop across the street from OXXO
The bell staff or front desk can help if you have questions

There is a Santander bank money machine in the Vidanta Sun Market connected to SG .
There are a numerous restaurants in walking distance to the SG - in the Nuevo Vallarta marina area.

The bus line ATM - has buses that go to Puerto Vallarta & Bucerias . I think they were gray colour

The Sea Garden NV has about 200 suites- 1 bedroom suites & hotel rooms ( Vitanta term - master suites) <no lockoff format > . Like all Vidanta brands it has daily maid & towel service +
a nightime turndown / chocolate kisses & available towel service . -

Thanks for the details. We will probably try this tonight. Is it safe after dark? Or should we Taxi back?

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
Thanks for your informative post.
How many devices can you have using wifi simultaneously? If you get a chance, would you please post a photo of the week's activity schedule?

We'll be there in a couple of weeks....

For the $75 resort fee in a large 2 bedroom we have 3 free devices for the high speed. It works well and we have been able to stream Netflix with the high speed.
We can also have free Wi-Fi on our other devices that's lower speed. My daughter hasn't used it much.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thanks for the details. We will probably try this tonight. Is it safe after dark? Or should we Taxi back?

The walk from Sea Garden NV to big Vidanta Nuevo is safe after dark ( unless you stub your toe on a rock ) .

The buses are safe too - but at night we have only taken them from PV centro back to Mayan Palace PV - Marina .
If I was going back to Nuevo from PV centro after 9 pm - I might take a taxi - mostly because of accidentally getting on the wrong bus by mistake .

Our best "adventure " (planned ) was taking a collectivo from the OXXO through San Jose de Valle to San Juan de Abejo ( about 45 minutes ) on a Sunday morning .
The collectivo's are the Nissan Vans set up to hold 12 or so passengers . They drop off resort workers by the OXXO & come every 5 minutes .( from various towns)
We asked a Vidanta employee who was getting out of one - to go to work " were it went " He said his "town " & explained how it worked .
We figured if there was a safety issue he would say " it was too complicated "

San Juan de Abejo has about 9000 + residents & a classic old Mexican church . We saw the end of of multi family baptism ceremony .
and then walked around and visited a few stores . My wife bought good made in Mexico shoes & I bought a leather belt . The store owner spoke decent English .
He told us he spent 15 + years cooking in a Denny's (in Montana or Idaho ) and returned to home because his Mom was getting elderly .
We then took the collectivo back to San Jose de Valle & had lunch and bought more shoes .

We were told we had to take a "verde" ( green paint on the hood ) collectivo to get back to the NV Sea Garden and Neuvo marina area .
Different colour hoods went to Punta Mita etc . The green hood ones also say Neuvo Vallarta & San Jose on them . I think we showed our resort bracelet
to the store owner to confirm the directions / instructions- since we only know words or short phrases in Spanish .

We left about 9:30 am & were back at the pool by 2:30 pm . I think the colectivo was 17 or 34 pesos each from Nuevo Vallarta OXXO to San Jose de Valle . You pay when you get off collectivos / buses you pay when you get on . Have small bills ( 20 pesos or coins for each .)

Last edited:

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
The walk from Sea Garden NV to big Vidanta Nuevo is safe after dark ( unless you stub your toe on a rock ) .

The buses are safe too - but at night we have only taken them from PV centro back to Mayan Palace PV - Marina .
If I was going back to Nuevo from PV centro after 9 pm - I might take a taxi - mostly because of accidentally getting on the wrong bus by mistake .

Our best "adventure " (planned ) was taking a collectivo from the OXXO through San Jose de Valle to San Juan de Abejo ( about 45 minutes ) on a Sunday morning .
The collectivo's are the Nissan Vans set up to hold 12 or so passengers . They drop off resort workers by the OXXO & come every 5 minutes .( from various towns)
We asked a Vidanta employee who was getting out of one - to go to work " were it went " He said his "town " & explained how it worked .
We figured if there was a safety issue he would say " it was too complicated "

San Juan de Abejo has about 9000 + residents & a classic old Mexican church . We saw the end of of multi family baptism ceremony .
and then walked around and visited a few stores . My wife bought good made in Mexico shoes & I bought a leather belt . The store owner spoke decent English .
He told us he spent 15 + years cooking in a Denny's (in Montana or Idaho ) and returned to home because his Mom was getting elderly .
We then took the collectivo back to San Jose de Valle & had lunch and bought more shoes .

We were told we had to take a "verde" ( green paint on the hood ) collectivo to get back to the NV Sea Garden and Neuvo marina area .
Different colour hoods went to Punta Mita etc . The green hood ones also say Neuvo Vallarta & San Jose on them . I think we showed our resort bracelet
to the store owner to confirm the directions / instructions- since we only know words or short phrases in Spanish .

We left about 9:30 am & were back at the pool by 2:30 pm . I think the colectivo was 17 or 34 pesos each from Nuevo Vallarta OXXO to San Jose de Valle . You pay when you get off collectivos / buses you pay when you get on . Have small bills ( 20 pesos or coins for each .)

That sounds like a fun adventure to try. Thanks for the idea.

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
Here are the activities this past week.
There were also two evening beach parties that have dinner and fireworks. Monday and Thursday I think they were about $25 a person.
Also family movie night on the beach. (Wednesday or Tuesday at other resorts). Also costs money.

The Santuario has live music nightly that goes till 1am. Bring ear plugs if you struggle sleeping with noise and your room faces the music.

Tower 4 pool is closed right now and not sure when it will open again. It has been closed since Sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_3423.JPG
    IMG_3423.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3422.JPG
    IMG_3422.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are the activities this past week.
There were also two evening beach parties that have dinner and fireworks. Monday and Thursday I think they were about $25 a person.
Also family movie night on the beach. (Wednesday or Tuesday at other resorts). Also costs money.

The Santuario has live music nightly that goes till 1am. Bring ear plugs if you struggle sleeping with noise and your room faces the music.

Tower 4 pool is closed right now and not sure when it will open again. It has been closed since Sunday.
Tower 4 pool remained closed last week. Also, the lazy river was closed on Thursday & Friday.
Thanks for posting the activity schedule. That was very nice.
Taxi fares as of early June, 2017:
Taxi to Walmart was 110 pesos
Taxi to Puerto Vallarta was 190 pesos
Taxi back to Grand Luxxe from Puerto Vallarta was 230 pesos
Taxi back to airport was 145 pesos