*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Current status of White Point Beach Resort?

Discussion in 'Canada Timesharing' started by theo, Apr 26, 2012.

1. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge regarding the post-fire status of the White Point Beach Resort / Vacation Club in Nova Scotia?

I can easily read media coverage and public statements regarding "rebuilding plans", but I'd instead much prefer to hear the direct observations of someone with actual "boots on the ground" in that area.

Thanks in advance for sharing any direct first hand knowledge and / or observations available.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  2. Bib

Bib TUG Member

3. BM243923

BM243923 TUG Member

Thanks for sharing the link.

4. Sullco2

Sullco2 Guest

White Point region

If you can get an exchange into WP this summer, I would be surprised, but not totally. The timeshare homes were not affected by the fire, as I trust you know. The region has restaurants and attractions nearby--the summer in NS is just wonderful, so go if you snag an exchange.

I am sure the ts owners are blissful that they will have--at no extra cost--a brand new lodge in the near future.

5. theo

Thanks!

Brian:
    Thank you for your kind and considerate efforts in posting this link. Much appreciated.:clap:

6. Bib

Bib TUG Member

You're welcome!

They started pouring concrete for the foundation today. I only wish they started earlier as our week is in late August. Oh well, beach and golf for a week will have to do.

7. theo

Now only a "waves-cam"...

It was interesting to see the new lodge construction progress via web cam, but the web cam apparently now just points at the nearby shoreline, with the new construction no longer anywhere in view... :shrug:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  8. sfwilshire

sfwilshire TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

The are open now. This is one resort I would love to visit again.

Sheila