• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cruising TUGgers--It's that time again! [merge]

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind using Viking River Cruise - already looked at their itineray for the Danube River Cruise, which looks pretty good. Also talked to neighbours who used this cruise line, and were quite pleased with them.

RDB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lynn,Elli and Pat H,

I'm good for it. If we get to go, I'll bring you your free drink coupon.

I was going to offer to do a Fan Dance...but..the customs people keep taking my feathers! It's so difficult to entertain internationally these days.

Kathleen

I might go just to see you do a fan dance without the feathers!

Robert

Kathleen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Robert,

I have standards. No feathers,no fan,no fan dance.

I do recall on the original TUGBoat to the Caribbean some of us were "strolling" in one of the dance clubs. Such trend setters that bunch.

Kathleen

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
Robert,

I have standards. No feathers,no fan,no fan dance.

I do recall on the original TUGBoat to the Caribbean some of us were "strolling" in one of the dance clubs. Such trend setters that bunch.

Kathleen

How about recording a fan dance and posting it on you tube? :banana: :cheer: I think you're going to have to up the anti; as of today, the Greece/Agean itinerary is leading by one vote! :bawl:

Kathleen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Mas,

No thanks. If you recall, you already have video of Sam's performance in Victoria. I really couldn't improve on that!

No more offers from me. I stand by my bribe. It would be nice to go on a river cruise with a TUG group. But, we were going anyway. We just hadn't picked the date pending the next TUG cruise choice.

Kathleen

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
..If you recall, you already have video of Sam's performance in Victoria. I really couldn't improve on that!
Kathleen

I had forgotten about that little escapade! I'll have to search my old files.

It would be nice to go on a river cruise with a TUG group. But, we were going anyway. We just hadn't picked the date pending the next TUG cruise choice.

We've more or less chosen the same course of action. Hence, our Panama Canal cruise earlier this year.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some new choices at the Cruising TUGgers Yahoo Group. Maybe this will gel. Get your choices in... Jim

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
My first choice is one of these
Ruby Princess - Greek Isles & Mediterranean: Rome - Venice 12 Days - Oct 7/11
inside 1990 OV 2640 Balcony 3090
or
Star Princess - Greek Isles & Mediterranean: Rome to Venice - 12 Days - Sept 3/11
inside 2140 OV 2940 balcony 3340

After that anything that includes both Rome/Civitavecchia and Athens

Ocean Princess - Greek Isles Interlude: Rome to Athens - 7 Days - Sept 17/11
inside 1249 OV 1399 balcony 1949

Ocean Princess - Greek Isles Grand Adventure: Venice to Rome - 14 Days - Oct 1/11
inside 2248 OV 2348 Balcony 3448

Ocean Princess - Greek Isles Interlude: Athens to Rome - 7 Days - Oct 8/11
inside 1099 OV 1249 balcony 1799

Pacific Princess - Holy Land: Rome to Athens - 12 Days - Oct 10, 2011
inside 2840 OV 3090 balcony 3640

Ruby Princess - Greek Isles: Venice to Civitavecchia - 12 Days - Sept 25/11
Inside 2090 OV 2890 balcony 3290

Star Princess - Greek Isles: Rome - Venice - 12 Days - Nov 2/11
inside 1790 OV 2440 Balcony 2840

Jim King

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Dear Cruisers and Cruisettes,

I have taken three cruises, two with Sam and my TUG pals . I have had a wonderful time.

My interest in a European river cruise(Danube) is the scenery,the destinations and the small ship concept. I think that it would be terrifc to have our own group to visit with in between the tour stops. I think that this kind of cruise would have a different pace.

I have yet to speak to any past passenger who didn't love it.

My wife and i did an Alaskan cruise back in 1993 we were the youngest on the boat by far but had a great time. That was a cruise for geezers back then.

I hope that folks would check out some the websites for river cruises. It's not just for geezers. By the way, Sam and I do refer to ourselves as pre-geezers.

Kathleen (The Briber)

I play in a church basketball league for Geezers. In the world of church basketball "geezer" is anyone 35 and older. At 48 I am the oldest guy on the team.

I want them to move the minimum age up to 40. I am having a tough time keeping up with the 35 year olds

Last edited:

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just joined the yahoo group!
Are children allowed on tug cruises? (older kids)

flexible

TUG Member
Reaction score
<Bump>
There is a 3-way tie right now between the Baltic, a European river cruise and Greece/Aegean area cruising for an upcoming Cruisin' TUGgers outing.

Any more people interested, or just have an idea where might be fun to go?

Let the planning begin!.... Jim

http://www.bargeladycruises.com/ was highly recommended to us. We are planning to combine some European barge & river cruises. I'll be very interested to learn the dates/place of the next TUG cruise and hope my husband & I can go.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I just joined the yahoo group!
Are children allowed on tug cruises? (older kids)

Kids of any age are allowed be they 1 or 91. There were several children on the Alaska cruise since it was during the summer.

Kathleen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Danube Cruise Photos and Travel Log

In doing some research I have come across an amazing couple's website. They are obviously very well traveled and have an excellent way of presenting their travel tales.

The website is www.thepreismans.com. Mike and Carol(I don't know them) have info on other of their cruises. In that I am interested in the Danube, I have not checked the others.

Have to go. I'm only halfway through their Danube trip. My jaw is still in the "dropped" position and I'm starting to drool.

Kathleen

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score

In doing some research I have come across an amazing couple's website. They are obviously very well traveled and have an excellent way of presenting their travel tales.

The website is www.thepreismans.com. Mike and Carol(I don't know them) have info on other of their cruises. In that I am interested in the Danube, I have not checked the others.

Have to go. I'm only halfway through their Danube trip. My jaw is still in the "dropped" position and I'm starting to drool.

Kathleen
Thanks for the link, Kathleen - really detailed trip reports - did read a few of them. Elli

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

Kathleen

Kathleen I just had a great visit and meetings and/or dinner with the AMA Waterways, Viking River Cruises and Avalon Cruise Representatives.

All are options on my list that I am considering, I just have to see what I can get for perks and group amentities that would be the best option and pricing for the group.

I will be traveling tomorrow but look for some group perks and options from me by the end of the week. I will post a reminder here, but I will post pricing in the yahoo group.

Cheers
Sandy

Last edited:

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kathleen, I'm with you. Philip & I are going on a Danube cruise, come Tug or high water...or whatever. ;) I'd love to qualify for a free drink and a gnome, but we'll see what the fates, and the poll have in store.
I don't know why I couldn't find the poll to vote for the destination...just the one for preferred cruise lines. Viking sounds good, too, but I wanted to vote for a river cruise.
Jean

Hi Mas,

No thanks. If you recall, you already have video of Sam's performance in Victoria. I really couldn't improve on that!

No more offers from me. I stand by my bribe. It would be nice to go on a river cruise with a TUG group. But, we were going anyway. We just hadn't picked the date pending the next TUG cruise choice.

Kathleen

Kathleen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Jean,

It would be great to cruise with you and Philip again.

Were you able to get your vote in?

The free drink certificate and gnome magnet are still offered per vote of a Danube win. You must be present on the ship to receive your prize. I am only adding that disclaimer because there are some who will try anything to secure a free gnome magnet.

Kathleen(The Briber)

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kathleen...No..I don't know why I couldn't find the right poll. I went to where Sandy gave the website to vote, but it only offered votes for ship preference. ??? Maybe I had a senior moment...or two? I'll check again today.
I'd enjoy cruising with you and Sam again, too. You're so much fun. Jean

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
Kathleen...No..I don't know why I couldn't find the right poll. I went to where Sandy gave the website to vote, but it only offered votes for ship preference. ??? Maybe I had a senior moment...or two? I'll check again today.
Jean

I just checked and the poll is still there and open. Click on the Polls link on the left side of the CruisingTUGgers home page; at the top of the page should be a heading "Open Polls"; the first pollis "Where are you interested in cruising next? (you may vote for more than 1 option)"; click on that and you should be able to register your vote.

Here's hoping you are able to collect your gnome magnet! (it looks like your vote would tie the river cruise with the Greek cruise choice)

Last edited:

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it! Thanks, Kathleen. Now I'm trying to think of a name for my gnome...Sylvester, the lone gnome? Hmmm! Am I premature? LOL! Thanks for the bribe, anyway. Jean