• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Credit Pool

iaminak

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed in another post but between the issues with the new website and the ongoing discussion about the suspended accounts, I'm having trouble keeping up with what has been changed and what is being speculated or anticipated to come...

Has there been a change to the credit pool? I've seen a few references to it but wasn't sure if that was only affecting the people with a use year change or not.

I don't rent or own tons of points but I typically have some left over after my reservations that I pool by the end of the year. Will I still be able to put points that I don't plan to use in 2018 into the credit pool if I do that by the end of 2017?

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed in another post but between the issues with the new website and the ongoing discussion about the suspended accounts, I'm having trouble keeping up with what has been changed and what is being speculated or anticipated to come...

Has there been a change to the credit pool? I've seen a few references to it but wasn't sure if that was only affecting the people with a use year change or not.

I don't rent or own tons of points but I typically have some left over after my reservations that I pool by the end of the year. Will I still be able to put points that I don't plan to use in 2018 into the credit pool if I do that by the end of 2017?

Are you VIP and if so what level? You can still push points to the future years but it's not a "pool of years" anymore like it was in the past. No more pooling your 2019 points to use now.

iaminak

Reaction score
No, not VIP. I have 294k points all with CWA. What do you mean by pushing the points to future years?

iaminak

Reaction score
And to clarify, I never did anything with the credit pool that would affect future years. I book my 1 or 2 vacations and put any remaining points in the credit pool so they don't go to waste and I can use them the next year...

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sorry was multitasking....yes you can still put 2018 points into an account for future use. Since you are not VIP it would have to be done in 2017 and you would not be able to use them right away like you did in the past.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no more credit pool. Instead, you can advance points into the next or the "next next" use year. Once advanced, they cannot be returned, and they cannot be advanced a second time. So, you can accomplish something very similar to what you are doing now, but it will be less flexible than the Pool was. See the Directory Supplement for more details---it is called "Points Deposit"
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory_supplement1718/index.php#/8

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, not VIP. I have 294k points all with CWA. What do you mean by pushing the points to future years?

Sorry was multitasking....yes you can still put 2018 points into an account for future use. Since you are not VIP it would have to be done in 2017 and you would not be able to use them right away like you did in the past.

This is incorrect. All non-VIP owners have up to 3 months into their Use Year to deposit that year's points to a future year. Silver VIP gets up to 6 months into the Use Year to do so, Gold gets 9 months, and Platinum have until the end of the year.

For any non-VIP owner with a JAN 1 anniversary, you have until MAR 31 to deposit points to 1 or 2 years in the future. OP will have to wait until JAN 1, 2018 to deposit 2018 points to EITHER 2019 or 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Has it been verified that "points deposit" points get used up before regular use points? I would certainly hope so.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Has it been verified that "points deposit" points get used up before regular use points? I would certainly hope so.

I don't think it's been verified, because it's likely no one here has had an opportunity to so far.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score

While is is possible a VIP owner has deposited 2017 points into 2018 and made some reservations, the hit-or-miss points balance feature has made it difficult to confirm an already unlikely situation.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is incorrect. All non-VIP owners have up to 3 months into their Use Year to deposit that year's points to a future year. Silver VIP gets up to 6 months into the Use Year to do so, Gold gets 9 months, and Platinum have until the end of the year.

For any non-VIP owner with a JAN 1 anniversary, you have until MAR 31 to deposit points to 1 or 2 years in the future. OP will have to wait until JAN 1, 2018 to deposit 2018 points to EITHER 2019 or 2020.

Thanks Chris I thought it had to be before the start of the year. Appreciate the correction.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

And in fact, it appears you may not be able to even use the feature until after the start of the use year. At least, it's not available for me to use now for my 2018 points.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris I thought it had to be before the start of the year. Appreciate the correction.

No worries. That was the old policy that was accurate until 12 days ago.

iaminak

Reaction score
Thank you all! This is exactly what I was needing to know. Very helpful to know the timeframe change too.

iaminak

Reaction score
I think I've got it now on the change to credit pool to future year deposit...

I had a question about using the credit pool points. Can I make sure that when making my next reservation that the pooled points are being used first if I make the reservation online or will I need to call in to make sure they exhaust those before touching my 2018 regular use year points?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You cannot specify. There is another thread with discussion of how ARP is working in the new system, and it seems that reservations aren't being made by pulling from a particular "bucket" or contract, but instead the system recognizes how many points are eligible for ARP and will allow reservations to be made up to that eligibility, no matter what "bucket" an earlier reservation might have pulled from.

The one exception I found to this is depositing points to RCI - once I was out of regular UY points in 2018, I wasn't given the opportunity to deposit to RCI even with credit pool points available (which are not eligible for RCI deposit). But, after I had used all of those 2018 regular UY points, I was able to put a hold on an ARP reservation up to my point limit even though I only had pooled points available (as I outlined in further detail on the other thread).

iaminak

Reaction score
You cannot specify. There is another thread with discussion of how ARP is working in the new system, and it seems that reservations aren't being made by pulling from a particular "bucket" or contract, but instead the system recognizes how many points are eligible for ARP and will allow reservations to be made up to that eligibility, no matter what "bucket" an earlier reservation might have pulled from.

I noticed that - I was trying to play around and test how they are being made but I won't be actually making a reservation till next month. It looked like I could make a reservation for next June using the points I have eligible for ARP (it wasn't showing all points so I could tell that the pooled ones must have been excluded). But what I can't tell is when making a reservation within 10 months, it shows a total that would be reflective of both my regular use year and the pooled points with 2 different expiration dates, but I can't tell how I will know if the pooled points are used. I guess I'll have to call in to make sure those get used since some of them will expire at the end of next year... I was just hoping that maybe someone who had already been through a reservation could tell if there was an additional step that lets you distinguish which points you are booking with or something along those lines.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The rule has always been (and should continue to be, I believe, as long as the system is functioning properly) that first expiring points are used first - so if your pooled points expire before 12/31, they will be used first. The points history is actually very clear for me in showing which use year/pool of points my transactions were pulled from when I deposited points to RCI and made a Wyn reservation this week. You can't pick them in advance, but it is clear after the fact (assuming everything is working properly, which fortunately has been the case with my account).

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's what my points accounting looks like now:
points_accounting_example_clean.jpg

Chronologically, the first transaction is at the bottom. I wanted to deposit points to RCI (for a probable future DVC exchange) so I did that first to force regular UY points. Then I made a 90k reservation, and you can see it pulled the last 10.5k from my regular UY and the rest from the credit pool.

iaminak

Reaction score
so.... if I want to make sure the credit pooled ones are used first, I'm going to have to call in :(

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I guess I'm still not clear on why you need the credit pooled points to be used first. The only reason I'm aware of is my situation of wanting to deposit points to RCI (which I would have preferred to wait until later to do, but rather than call to make my reservation I simply made the RCI deposit first). But it appears that ARP is preserved regardless of what points are used, and there is also the rule of first expiring points are used first.

iaminak

Reaction score
Maybe it doesn't matter and I'm looking at it all wrong... I'd be happy to learn that! so here is my situation and why I think it matters which are used...

I have 13k points pooled that expire at the end of 2018
I have 133k points pooled that expire at the end of 2019

I have 294k regular use year points/CWA and typically book one or two 2-bedroom, prime (kids in school) vacations per year. I don't rent or get discounts so I try to not waste any points so that the years I want to make 2 reservations, I can.

For 2018, I only plan to book one week at Myrtle Beach, which will be 224k. I want to be sure to use the 13k pooled points that will expire at the end of 2018 in this reservation so I don't lose them. If I book the reservation will all regular use year points, I'll have 70k that I can deposit into a future year but will lose the 13k, right???

I want to use the 13k + 211k of my 2018 points for the reservation and then move 83k into a future year.

For 2019, I'll be in the same situation. I'll want to use the 133k pooled points first so if there are left over regular use year points, I can move them into a future year.

also, of note, is that both of my buckets of pooled points mentioned above expire 12/31, which is also the end of my use year so I doubt the system would see them as expiring first?

Is there a better way and/or am I worrying about nothing?

thanks so much for your help! I couldn't imagine navigating the Wyndham system if I was reliant only on their employees telling me how things worked!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I honestly don't know what happens when both pooled points and regular UY points expire on 12/31. I've always pooled my points a week or so before the end of the year, so the pooled points would always expire first (not intentionally for that reason, mostly just to avoid the possibility of long hold times or another issue with not being able to get through on the 31st). You would have to call to find out what they consider expiring first, and if it's not the pooled points, see if they have any way to make a reservation that forces the use of the pooled points. The only way i could see around it is through making a dummy reservation before the real reservation, but I probably wouldn't actually try it myself because we'll burn a RT with every reservation now (not unlimited transactions on one day like before).

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe it doesn't matter and I'm looking at it all wrong... I'd be happy to learn that! so here is my situation and why I think it matters which are used...

I have 13k points pooled that expire at the end of 2018
I have 133k points pooled that expire at the end of 2019

I have 294k regular use year points/CWA and typically book one or two 2-bedroom, prime (kids in school) vacations per year. I don't rent or get discounts so I try to not waste any points so that the years I want to make 2 reservations, I can.

For 2018, I only plan to book one week at Myrtle Beach, which will be 224k. I want to be sure to use the 13k pooled points that will expire at the end of 2018 in this reservation so I don't lose them. If I book the reservation will all regular use year points, I'll have 70k that I can deposit into a future year but will lose the 13k, right???

I want to use the 13k + 211k of my 2018 points for the reservation and then move 83k into a future year.
Move the 83k into future year Deposit Points, and make the 224k reservation after that is done. That will force using regular Use Year points first and using all the pooled points for the reservation.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Move the 83k into future year Deposit Points, and make the 224k reservation after that is done. That will force using regular Use Year points first and using all the pooled points for the reservation.

The only issue is when that 2018 deposit may be made. Does anyone know if you can deposit 2018 Use Year points yet? Or does one have to wait until the Use Year begins?