• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Creative user titles for TUG reviewers

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and now all the 5s are done!

So, as it stands now...everyone who has posted more than 5 TUG reviews should now have your custom user title!

If you do not, or do not have the correct one...please PM or email me tug@tug2.net and we will happily get you sorted out properly!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and for those of you elites (or upcoming elites)...you can indeed pick whatever name you want for that level.

Jedi Master
Zeus, god of reviews
etc etc.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Brian, you're awesome. Give yourself a raise. ;)

Dave

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Edited - new custom Titles are chosen!

Level1: TUG Review Crew Rookie

granted to all TUG members who have submitted 5 Reviews....
I think recognizing TUG members who have written reviews is a great idea. But, I don't like the idea of calling the lowest level "Rookie" because "Rookie" could have negative connotations and really doesn't encourage people who have never posted reviews to start. In fact, the "Rookie" term may actually discourage people from starting to write reviews.

I didn't say anything about this before because I couldn't think of a better name than "Rookie." However, it's now occurred to me that the lowest level could just be called "TUG Review Crew" with no further modifier. The higher levels could still be called "TUG Review Crew Expert", "TUG Review Crew Veteran", and "TUG Review Crew Expert Elite".

Yeah, it would have been better if I thought of this *before* the new names were implemented. I just thought of it now, though.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Rookie" kind of carries a negative connotation but maybe the goal is to provide incentive and motivate some to get to the next level.

I think recognizing TUG members who have written reviews is a great idea. But, I don't like the idea of calling the lowest level "Rookie" because "Rookie" could have negative connotations and really doesn't encourage people who have never posted reviews to start. In fact, the "Rookie" term may actually discourage people from starting to write reviews.

I didn't say anything about this before because I couldn't think of a better name than "Rookie." However, it's now occurred to me that the lowest level could just be called "TUG Review Crew" with no further modifier. The higher levels could still be called "TUG Review Crew Expert", "TUG Review Crew Veteran", and "TUG Review Crew Expert Elite".

Yeah, it would have been better if I thought of this *before* the new names were implemented. I just thought of it now, though.

It was thought of very early in the process (post #18 in this thread), but the higher powers disagreed.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Yeah, I agree with you both. I just sent a PM request to have my title removed.
I would have preferred TUG Review Crew Member (instead of Rookie).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Bumping this, been slacking and just updated a ton of people from veteran to expert...and we even had half a dozen or so make the ELITE level (50 reviews!)

Thank you so much for sharing your vacations with other TUG members!

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
I would not call someone who has stayed in 30 timeshares and is now submitting their first review a "rookie." You do want them to submit more reviews, do you not? And what about the experience factor?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
as mentioned in the thread, if someone does not like the tag I will remove it for them.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Still holding out for the secret handshake and boiled pizza recipe.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would not call someone who has stayed in 30 timeshares and is now submitting their first review a "rookie." You do want them to submit more reviews, do you not? And what about the experience factor?
From a review standpoint, they are. It is called the "TUG Review Crew" not the "Timeshare Visit Crew".

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the instructions on how to see how many reviews I've submitted. I could have sworn I'd submitted several others, but perhaps they were lost before the platform change of years ago.

So, just out of curiosity, how far out will you allow someone to post a review from the time they visited? I have several I didn't post from the past 5 years and I'm feeling left out without a Review Crew designation. :(

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if the reviews actually contain information not available in other reviews, i doubt anyone would have a problem with it.

and yes, reviews prior to 2008 were not linked to your username, as everyone used the same username and password back then!

dont have any recent vacation trips to share?

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do have some more recent ones & I'll get to them soon--I'll just scratch those lost and submit the more recent ones.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
How often do you update the review crew tags based on the number of reviews? It is a batch job that runs, or one that you just periodically run?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its one that I periodically run as there is actually no real link between the forums and the review section.

that said, if someone knows they need a bump up in title, feel free to PM me and ill happily do it manually that day!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well run it and see if it bumps me the last title. I just submitted a lengthy one today on Wyndham Austin, but it will likely not post for a day or two, but it is on my list of reviews.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Well run it and see if it bumps me the last title. I just submitted a lengthy one today on Wyndham Austin, but it will likely not post for a day or two, but it is on my list of reviews.
What you can do is go to the page of all your reviews and count them manually. It would be nice if there was a counter on that page, but there doesn't seem to be. I counted to see where I stood and see that I am at 21 reviews submitted. It isn't the length of the review that matters, but rather the total number. The number of reviews needed for each level are in the first post and you can tell if you moved up a level or not.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont know how many reviews I have submitted, but most were before 2008 when we were really traveling and doing about 15 or more timeshares a year. Now I am almost out of tpus. Every time I try to buy a resale, someone gets it before me.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What you can do is go to the page of all your reviews and count them manually. It would be nice if there was a counter on that page, but there doesn't seem to be. I counted to see where I stood and see that I am at 21 reviews submitted. It isn't the length of the review that matters, but rather the total number. The number of reviews needed for each level are in the first post and you can tell if you moved up a level or not.

I am over 50 reviews

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

ill see if we can add a counter to the "vacation history" link in the TUG dashboard.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont know how many reviews I have submitted, but most were before 2008 when we were really traveling and doing about 15 or more timeshares a year. Now I am almost out of tpus. Every time I try to buy a resale, someone gets it before me.

your counter shows 52, it should also update within the next hour!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am now at Elite. At least somewhere in my life. LOL.