• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cost of pool ownership

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Holy cow! What all do you have your service do?
We have a weekly pool service that cleans and provides all chemicals necessary. I estimate another $50-$75 a month for electricity, and amortization for future pool equipment repairs, pool toys, etc.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
You quoted this post "BTW the OP stated in Post #30 they ended up buying a home without a pool." That had NOTHING to do with my response. How does that have anything to do with what I said? Did you notice my previous post was of my dog on a raft? Do you understand you can't do that in a public pool? Do you get my point??
Maybe you need to pay attention. My first comment, which was directly to you, dealt with a public pool. The second comment about the OP was not meant to be specific to you. Obviously that should have been a separate post since it bothered you so much.

And do I get your point. Oh boy yes I do.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I had those charges. My 45,000 gal pool in the NE runs about $1,000 per month if there aren't any surprises which we always have during opening and usually once per season. All in, we might spend about $10,000...:mad: not including major retiling or leaks...

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
John,

Did you have the pebbletek installed when you built the pool or was this something you added later? I'm asking because our second liner (over a 20 year period) is getting toward the end of its useful life and I am starting to consider other options.....

Thanks!

The pebbletek was an option when the pool was built. It looks as good today as it did 14 years ago.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I wish I had those charges. My 45,000 gal pool in the NE runs about $1,000 per month if there aren't any surprises which we always have during opening and usually once per season. All in, we might spend about $10,000...:mad: not including major retiling or leaks...
We have a 45,000 gal pool as well. Never had a leak in 30 years of ownership. One replastering ($4500), but another one coming up in the next two to three years. Must be a lot cheaper down here in Texas....

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know it is. I used to live in Houston and can verify from my own experience. Cost of living is way higher and the cold winter is very harsh on anything related to a pool that is exposed to NE winters. Closing and opening is not cheap. Having a safety cover and an automatic cover is not cheap either. Propane to heat the pool is very pricy also. Pressure and automatic cleaners are not cheap either. Heating the pool/spa for Halloween weekend can burn about 1,000 gallons of propane...:eek: