*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Cost of case of beer in Cancun

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by cerralee, Feb 25, 2009.

1. cerralee

cerralee TUG Member

I'm trying to do the math on whether to get an owners package discount while staying at Imperial Fiesta Club. One of the unknowns in my math equation is the cost of the typical case of beer at a Walmart type store in Cancun. I'm sure there are not many beer drinking Tuggers out there but if there are and you've bought a case of beer and you remember what you paid for it it please let me know.

2. Skinsfan1311

Skinsfan1311 TUG Member

Beers run about $1.00 per bottle for most Mexican brands.

3. alfie

alfie TUG Member

Beers

I just went down and checked...Bud 16pesos a can, Corona 14 pesos and XXLager is 12 pesos, at a rate of 14.40 pesos for a USD. The bottles are cheaper at 11.50 pesos...Less than a dollar. If you want to bring something, bring peanut butter...

4. urban5

urban5 TUG Member

Based on my previous experience

beer bought downtown such as in WalMart was approximately 50% of the cost of buying in the Resort Markets. I don't remember seeing a price for a case of beer, it was always priced by the can. So based on the prices that Alfie posted (I assume Royal market prices) you can decide if its worth the effort to make a run into town.

5. buceo

buceo TUG Member

I just have to summarize, Alfie read the post, left his villa, went downstairs to the market, checked beer prices and reported in. Thanks Alfie, that's above and beyond, kudos!

6. pjrose

pjrose Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

The question is, did he come back empty handed, or is there a taste-test now in progress? :D

7. cerralee

cerralee TUG Member

Thanks Alfie, that really was above and beyond. It makes my decision easier, Now I just have to figure out if the resort will let us keep a little cooler poolside or not.

Thanks to everyone else too, I hope a taste test was involved-I'm not usually a beer drinker but I do like the sol.

8. urban5

urban5 TUG Member

Bringing your own drinks

to the pool or the beach in a cooler is not a problem at the Royal Resorts, I do it all the time. Enjoy your visit, and have a cold one for me.

9. Kenrabs

Kenrabs TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Lifetime Member

Last week at Walmart I think Corona was 170 pesos a case if I'm not mistaken. You can bring coolers to the pool. I recommend a soft bag type cooler. Easy to carry and put in luggage.

10. alfie

alfie TUG Member

Wine tasting

Actually we did do the wine tasting...and to suggest that a fellow Tugger go home empty handed...well shame on you.