• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Confused about new replacement to Credit Pool

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont think the new rule has anything to do with the club being "out of trust" nor do i think its because of an IT failure. Voyager has been in the works for years. we always knew 24/7 reservations, and ARP online were going to be part of it, and we assumed that they would be doing something to minimize use of the cancel rebook trick. We also assumed that they would do something to limit the number of resale points that got VIP benefits

What we didnt see coming, and we should have was this change to the credit pool.. The book always said the the credit pool was a tool that allowed you to "save" points that you knew you couldnt use next year. . Nowhere did it say that it was also a tool to "borrow" future years points for use today. That ability to use 2 future years points today without having paid the maintenance fees for those points. was never meant to be.

It could have been fixed in any number of ways. They chose this way
The issue for me is not borrowing points from future year. It is the fact that I don't always know all my vacation plans for a year in advance. So if I keep my points in 2019 and not use them all, I will lose them or have to move them to RCI. I am not happy with those options. If I keep what I know I will def use ands move the remainder to a future year, what happens if I want to take an additional vacation. 2019 points move to 2020 should imo be available to me in 2019 if I need them.

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this helps anyone - I was still able to credit pool my 2018 points. You can no longer credit pool anything past 2018.
Until last year, I never even used the credit pool feature (I would just borrow what I needed during the Express Reservation window) Times have certainly changed with Wyndham and their rules. I wanted to credit pool my 2018 points at the end of the year - however I did my Wyndham points business today. I wanted to do it before all of the new Club Wyndham rules go into effect. I'm not sure of that date - but I needed to balance out my points account.

I am glad Wyndham has a way to extend points. However, I really don't like this new feature where I must assign points 1 or 2 years out and then not to be able to use them for reservations in my current use year. I hope that Wyndham will modify this. I do understand that you can move the points back to use during the Express Reservation window. It would be much better if they modified things and you could use them for their current use year or for the year that you assign them to later. After all, you are still paying them their $39 fee to move them - plus you are paying the maintenance fee.
I dont like the use or lose side to this. How can anyone plan this way? What worries me is that in the future, if I use the new system and not use my points (deposit them to use in the future and assign them to either the year ahead or the next) - that I am stuck if something happens and I cannot use those points. The new rules say that it is a final transaction. I don't think that RCI is an option once points are moved forward.

I understand why this is, but I do not agree. There are better options to fix Wyndham's problem with credit pool abuse and point banking. I hope other Wyndham point owner's speak up and this gets resolved.

Wyndham changes their rules too frequently to confuse us! Where is the NEW Club Wyndham Member's Directory without all of these supplements?

Cynthia T. :)
My same issue.