• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Condo-Trader

Enough

Reaction score
After receiving two years of regular calls, I thought the salesman from Condo-Trader was a dedicated person. Such persistence would sell my timeshare? John Murphy told me he would correct the Ad and send a corrected sign-up so my partners could sign in. Same as others, after the credit card was received and Ad placed (Incorrect I might add) I could never reach Condo-Traders again. I continually get busy signals, as does the Better Business Bureau and Attorney. I received a receipt from my certified letter to the CEO Bobby Carpenter, but nothing further.
All I am asking of them is to correct the Ad, correct price (Substanially lower than posted) and description. I've already sustained over 75 hits, but due to incorrect data, who would be interested?
As if I wasn't dumb enough, I even sent another $400 so they could rent the unit, before I lost contact with them. I thought John honest and wanted to sell my condo, but all he considered me was a challenge.
I intend to vigorously pursue this matter with my brother, who is an outstanding attorney. I had hoped to work with them, but obviously they are scam artists. I think John will be high on the list? I'm rather looking forward to it. I'm retired, what else do I have to do? Besides I've acquired some good contacts in my professional career.

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way

But none of these upfront fee companies sell timeshares.
What they sell is advertising, and as you have seen they are even poor at that.

You can attempt to chase them, however based upon years of watching these types of entities morph from name to name, I would guess you are going to spend a lot of time with little to no resolution.

The value of any timeshare in today's market is almost 0, some are worth more so if you are trying to sell yours for any amount of money, there is simply no market.

Greg

After receiving two years of regular calls, I thought the salesman from Condo-Trader was a dedicated person. Such persistence would sell my timeshare? John Murphy told me he would correct the Ad and send a corrected sign-up so my partners could sign in. Same as others, after the credit card was received and Ad placed (Incorrect I might add) I could never reach Condo-Traders again. I continually get busy signals, as does the Better Business Bureau and Attorney. I received a receipt from my certified letter to the CEO Bobby Carpenter, but nothing further.
All I am asking of them is to correct the Ad, correct price (Substanially lower than posted) and description. I've already sustained over 75 hits, but due to incorrect data, who would be interested?
As if I wasn't dumb enough, I even sent another $400 so they could rent the unit, before I lost contact with them. I thought John honest and wanted to sell my condo, but all he considered me was a challenge.
I intend to vigorously pursue this matter with my brother, who is an outstanding attorney. I had hoped to work with them, but obviously they are scam artists. I think John will be high on the list? I'm rather looking forward to it. I'm retired, what else do I have to do? Besides I've acquired some good contacts in my professional career.