• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Intrawest - Exchange company?

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village
Hilton no longer has a contract with DRI/Intrawest - Embarc. Can someone tell me which exchange company we may be able to exchange into Intrawest now (RCI, II or another)? Has anyone had any luck with exchanges since DRI bought Intrawest?

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton no longer has a contract with DRI/Intrawest - Embarc. Can someone tell me which exchange company we may be able to exchange into Intrawest now (RCI, II or another)? Has anyone had any luck with exchanges since DRI bought Intrawest?
Exchanged into Whistler for late May using II.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Club Intrawest (CI) uses it own exchange company called Extraordinary Escapes (EE) BUT it uses II for most of it's inventory

Members can also join II and not be associated with EE. People who use EE use their CI points to do exchanges BUT I must make reservations with my points then deposit those weeks into II and then make my exchanges. I use II and get great exchanges for my CI weeks. ( even low season weeks trade very well)

To go to a CI resort people use II and can also use DRI points to reserve at most CI resorts.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
To go to a CI resort people use II and can also use DRI points to reserve at most CI resorts.
  • Embarc resorts can't be booked internally with DRI points.
  • Embarc resorts can be booked with II using DRI points like any others resorts in the II exchange inventory.

DanZale2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far, Embarc has not been integrated into The Club. In late 2015 it seemed that DRI was planning such an integration. There were a number of statements made to Wall Street analysis suggesting these plans. But by early 2016 DRI management had either backed away from or delayed those plans. I attribute this adjustment to the significant push-back from the members of CI/Embarc.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
We have a 4 June Interval International exchange booking at Embarc, Palm Desert.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
The same think applies to THE Club affiliated resorts (affiliated resorts can be booked by DRI members only) and Extraordinary Escapes resorts (EE resorts can be booked by Embarc members only).

It is 2 clubs manage by the same company (DRI).

It is the same thing with VSE and Hyatt. Both are under ILG hat but you can't use Hyatt points to book VSE resorts internally and you can't book Hyatt resorts using VSE StarOptions internally too.

I don't know if it is the same thing with Wyndham, WM and SVC.

R.J.C.

unconfirmed
Reaction score
So far, Embarc has not been integrated into The Club. In late 2015 it seemed that DRI was planning such an integration. There were a number of statements made to Wall Street analysis suggesting these plans. But by early 2016 DRI management had either backed away from or delayed those plans. I attribute this adjustment to the significant push-back from the members of CI/Embarc.

Supposedly (from what I understand), Diamond has to convert X amount of owners over to Diamond points before they can open the Embarq inventory to "The Club". From what I gather, it's taking longer and has been harder to do than expected.

DanZale2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Supposedly (from what I understand), Diamond has to convert X amount of owners over to Diamond points before they can open the Embarq inventory to "The Club". From what I gather, it's taking longer and has been harder to do than expected.

I have not seen any reports from Embarc members in their Facebook group regarding offers to convert what they have to Diamond points. Embarc owners are being offered only Embarc points by the sales staff.

Moreover, there is no relationship between Embarc points and Diamond points. Embarc points cannot be used for The Club accommodations nor can Diamond points be used for Embarc accommodation. There has been nothing from Diamond about bringing Embarc points in line with Diamond points. In January 2016 Diamond told Embarc members: "We will likely undertake a process to bring the Club Intrawest points in line with Diamond points – think of it as aligning two currencies. There will be a lot of communication on this process before it occurs ..." Now, a year later, there has not been a single word from Diamond about aligning the two point systems.

Last edited:
Reactions: cd5

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I have not seen any reports from Embarc members in their Facebook group regarding offers to convert what they have to Diamond points. Embarc owners are being offered only Embarc points by the sales staff.

Moreover, there is no relationship between Embarc points and Diamond points. Embarc points cannot be used for The Club accommodations nor can Diamond points be used for Embarc accommodation. There has been nothing from Diamond about bringing Embarc points in line with Diamond points. In January 2016 Diamond told Embarc members: "We will likely undertake a process to bring the Club Intrawest points in line with Diamond points – think of it as aligning two currencies. There will be a lot of communication on this process before it occurs ..." Now, a year later, there has not been a single word from Diamond about aligning the two point systems.

This is accurate. We were at Embarc Tremblant with friends a few weeks ago, and our friends went to the owner update (which we never go to) - and all they're selling is more Embarc points (which our friends declined).