• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Citibank Visa2% cash back includes Trip Cancellation for Ill Pets

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just updated my credit card portfolio and am looking at the benefits brochure for my Citibank Visa double cash back card. I didn't expect it to have included trip insurance, car insurance, lowest price guarantee, extended warranty...etc. I just wanted the 2% cash back on everything.

The biggest exciting surprise is that it will cover Trip Cancellation if you have a note from your Vet that says your pet has a life threatening illness or needs round the clock care. I've never seen that in a policy before and this is free coverage. It will only cover a maximum of $3,000 per person, so I will continue to buy trip insurance, but none of the policies I've ever purchased covered pet illness.

It also covers terrorist incidents, which all of my purchased policies exclude.

Like I said, I'll still buy trip insurance because this doesn't cover doctors/hospitals/medivac, etc., but it will ease my mind about booking cruises, etc., since I have pets.

I do not know if or how it would cover a timeshare. I just wanted to post about it here because I know many timeshare travelers also do cruises and other vacations, too.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just updated my credit card portfolio and am looking at the benefits brochure for my Citibank Visa double cash back card. I didn't expect it to have included trip insurance, car insurance, lowest price guarantee, extended warranty...etc. I just wanted the 2% cash back on everything.

The biggest exciting surprise is that it will cover Trip Cancellation if you have a note from your Vet that says your pet has a life threatening illness or needs round the clock care. I've never seen that in a policy before and this is free coverage. It will only cover a maximum of $3,000 per person, so I will continue to buy trip insurance, but none of the policies I've ever purchased covered pet illness.

It also covers terrorist incidents, which all of my purchased policies exclude.

Like I said, I'll still buy trip insurance because this doesn't cover doctors/hospitals/medivac, etc., but it will ease my mind about booking cruises, etc., since I have pets.

I do not know if or how it would cover a timeshare. I just wanted to post about it here because I know many timeshare travelers also do cruises and other vacations, too.

Thanks for pointing this out! We have that card, too. We just paid for a major trip with AmEx and bought separate insurance, but we'll rethink that for next time.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Wow, I had no idea! This is good news. We have many pets.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I'll have tell our cat-lover friends about this.

I recently spent 30min on the phone w-Citi to increase the C/L on my DW's card.
We wanted $25K (they approved $20K), so I could close an old 1% reward card -- so pass'e.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have to pay for the trip on the card?
Yes. If you only use the card to pay part of the trip, only that percentage of the trip is covered.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently spent 30min on the phone w-Citi to increase the C/L on my DW's card.
I was really surprised they only gave me $5900. credit. The other 2 cards I got last week (Chase and BofA) gave me $15K and $17K. I'll probably ask for an increase after I've been using the card for a year or so.

Joyce

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Presley. That makes sense. I only use my AAA card for trips as I get 3 times the amount of the trip as a cash back. After spending $50,000 we get a bump up of $700 as a voucher to use for our next trip. That $200 bonus goes toward my insurance.