TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Children accessing control of parents II & RCI accounts (and timeshares)

Discussion in 'Exchanging' started by JeffW, Jul 16, 2017 at 10:26 AM.

1. JeffW

JeffW TUG Member

Maybe not a new topic. I didn't find anything doing a quick search.

My parents are owners of multiple timeshares. Also memberships with both II & RCI. All have both of their names listed.

My mom passed recently. My father isn't in the condition to keep making decisions. I've been able to do many things online with their account, but there are some things that will occasionally need to be done over the phone. I'd rather not be questioned on, "Are you the account holder?"

Is there a way to be able to add me to the accounts? Another brother has legal PoA for my father. [He'd rather I be added; since I have the timeshare experience.]

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

2. mauitraveler

mauitraveler TUG Member

Jeff,

I know that with II, your father can add you to his account as an "administrator", thereby giving you access to his account. He can call II and do this over the phone. They'll need your e-mail address and phone number. "Administrators" can be added or removed at any time with just a phone call from your father. I did this recently and it was a very easy process. CJ

3. rapmarks

rapmarks TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Kudos to II for making a process easy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I respectfully submit that a call including both father and son on the line simultaneously might be wise and preferable to the father calling II on his own.
    Father may not be up to dealing with a rep who may not be patient and / comprehend the actual intent of the call and / or have a heavy accent which the father may not understand. After all, OP notes that father "isn't in the condition to keep making decisions". No sense making matters worse instead of better for him.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 2:57 PM
    WalnutBaron and mauitraveler like this.
  5. WalnutBaron

WalnutBaron TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, HGVCx2
    As always, Theo, your advice is spot on.

6. beejaybeeohio

beejaybeeohio TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

RCI allowed me to change out DH's name for DD's around a decade ago. When we transferred ownership of our Fitzpatrick's Castle to our DS, we could not switch out DD's name to his. At this point, since FCHH is dual-affiliated, I am encouraging them to join II. It's good to learn that II's policies are more lenient than RCI's!!