• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Chase Sapphire Reserve CC for MF

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
...Once Travel is no longer pending, but actually posts, the credit was issued and on the account. Don't know if you have enough time in the year as my first cycle was 45 days. I don't know, but I would try.

My CSR card arrived today via UPS Next Day Air -- I applied Sunday. According to the website (info was from a closed account), my next due date is 1/13/17... which means my statement should close ~12/23 (if I'm counting correctly).
Plenty of time to make a travel (MF) charge before it rolls over to the new-year.

I was going to charge my Gatlinburg MF first, but perhaps I should make sure it's still in business.

Last edited:

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I applied for this card as well. Now that I have paid my 2017 MF already, is it possible to prepay portion of 2018 MF ( would like to pay $300) to get the $300 credit from the CC for this year before end of december?

I will call tomorrow AM to find out whether it is possible to pre pay next year MF

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I applied for this card as well. Now that I have paid my 2017 MF already, is it possible to prepay portion of 2018 MF ( would like to pay $300) to get the $300 credit from the CC for this year before end of december?

I will call tomorrow AM to find out whether it is possible to pre pay next year MF
The end of December isn't necessarily the deadline for the $300 spend. If any spending you make now will post to a statement in January, you missed the deadline for the 2016 spend.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like my billing cycle ends on Dec 26th, as the payment date is Jan 23rd. so I should be fine .

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
A non-HGVC MF payment coded as "sale" not travel, so that was a bust.
But I just added a partial cruise payment which should score.
I expect bill to close ~12/23.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Just received the $450 bill on my second statement - so you were right. After statement closes on Dec 19th, will then apply the second $300 travel payment to get the $300 2017 travel credit. Not bad to get $150 + a year long interest free loan of $300 towards maintenance fees. Will do the same with my 2018 $300 credit. At 3x $1500 maintenance this will get me 4500 Chase Reward points.

I would much rather apply Chase points to get 6000 point + $75 cash stays at a Hyatt (or 4500 UAL miles toward an upgrade) than get 12,000 ($1k @ 12x) points at Hilton that get me ?????.

PSA: Chase says that in order to get the 2016 travel credit you must charge $300 before your December bill statement closes - it is not when the calendar year ends. You can call Chase and change your closing date to a date in December. As long as you have a December statement (our new card had a statement starting in Jan so we called to move our due date back to December.)

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received the $450 bill on my second statement - so you were right. After statement closes on Dec 19th, will then apply the second $300 travel payment to get the $300 2017 travel credit. Not bad to get $150 + a year long interest free loan of $300 towards maintenance fees. Will do the same with my 2018 $300 credit. At 3x $1500 maintenance this will get me 4500 Chase Reward points.

I would much rather apply Chase points to get 6000 point + $75 cash stays at a Hyatt (or 4500 UAL miles toward an upgrade) than get 12,000 ($1k @ 12x) points at Hilton that get me ?????.

I'll be doing pretty much the same. Already finished the $300 spend for 2016. We have a B&B stay in late December- after my December statement closes. I'll pay with the Sapphire and that will already cover the $300 2017 spend :)

Your second point is a good one. I had planned to pay our 2017 HGVC MFs with a Hilton Visa Signature. But I also have both the Chase Sapphire and a Chase Hyatt. Now thinking that, even though it's a Hilton purchase, it may be best to go one of the other routes. I have not yet run the numbers to see if the bigger bang for the buck is via the Chase points on the Sapphire or with Hyatt points directly on the Hyatt card. The chase points can also transfer to BA Avios for buying down fares and upgrades as well.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I was also on the track of going the AMEX Honors route for the balance of fees, but the flexibility and value of the Chase points are making me reconsider. I hadn't thought about the BA Avios angle. This is a great idea. I have heard that BA Avios can be used for Hawaiian island trips on AA or Hawaiian airlines metal from the west coast for 7,500 points one way and inter-island connections.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I was looking at US Domestic use of BA Avios rewards. It can be less to use BA rewards on AA. You can book online. Only trick I discovered, this is only applicable if there are mileage saver awards left. Anytime rewards are not available via BA Avios. But BA awards are less points that AA awards for the many of the same routing.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Chase was very quick to add the $450 fee to my account online. :(
But now my $300 Princess Cruiseline charge posted along with the $300 credit. :)
So, all is going as planned.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
But now my $300 Princess Cruiseline charge posted along with the $300 credit. :)
So, all is going as planned.

The credit posts as soon as the travel category transaction has switched from pending to posted. It is pretty quick.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score

I got the card , and prepaid $300 2018 MF, and got the $300 credit today. My stmt closing date is Dec 26th.

Also called in to get my Priority Pass Member #, and registered with PP , so I can use their lounges for my upcoming travel.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also called in to get my Priority Pass Member #, and registered with PP , so I can use their lounges for my upcoming travel.

Be aware that, unlike most other cards that give Priority Pass membership, this one includes free guests (up to 9, I've been told) as opposed to the typical "member is free, but guests pay $27" rule.

Cheers.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Reviving this thread to report that I received two $300 travel credits inside two weeks. :)
One just before the bill closed on 12/16, and one just now for a HGVC MF payment.
It took the sting out that first $450 fee. Thanks to TUG'gers for clueing me into it.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread to report that I received two $300 travel credits inside two weeks. :)
One just before the bill closed on 12/16, and one just now for a HGVC MF payment.
It took the sting out that first $450 fee. Thanks to TUG'gers for clueing me into it.

I just received my 2017 $300 credit (from work hotel resies). I received the 2016 credit within 48 hours of receiving the CC back in October (from other work hotel resies). It does not get quicker than this.

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
There's a long thread on this topic here already...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Could you please send a link to this long thread?
Thanks
Anita

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Sure there's another thread elsewhere... Doesn't make this thread any less interesting.

My bonus will post when my bill closes on Monday, and I'll book flights to Alaska. :thumbup:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
has anyone been successful transferring UR points between spouses or accounts with the same address? I transferred between my accounts but cannot transfer from my DW to mine (same address in both accounts)?

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
has anyone been successful transferring UR points between spouses or accounts with the same address? I transferred between my accounts but cannot transfer from my DW to mine (same address in both accounts)?

Yes, I have done that multiple times. I believe you will need a premium card ( CSR or CSP etc ) on other party's account. IF they just have Freedom or Freedom Unlimited etc it might not be possible to transfer points to linked external account.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have done that multiple times. I believe you will need a premium card ( CSR or CSP etc ) on other party's account. IF they just have Freedom or Freedom Unlimited etc it might not be possible to transfer points to linked external account.
I am trying from her CSR to my CSR and it keeps giving me an error. I guess I will have to call.:mad: