• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Change to [Saved HGVC Points] club rules

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I'm sorry to see this change, although I never expected to use it. Coincidentally, I just used this three months ago, and it was very useful, even though it is a poor value for the points. I canceled an HGVC reservation, and hadn't realized that it was made with Saved Points from 2016. Accordingly, I had only 8 months to still use them.

My options were RCI or HHonors. Because we have a Europe trip planned, I converted these (plus some of my 2017 points) to HHonors points, which sat in my account.

I then booked hotel rooms in London and Paris using HHonors points, and because I booked online and exactly when the the booking window opened, I was able to get the limited reduced point awards.

I'm lucky this was here in the rare circumstance when I needed it, and sorry it won't be there for another TUGger in a similar situation.

Best,

Greg

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Responding to dfredrick10 in another thread, where he said:
"HGVC says their policy has changed and resort points cannot be converted to Hilton Honors but must be used [for] an immediate reservation at another resort. Also that after this year, resort points can no longer be saved for another year."
--------------------------------

Both statements are incorrect.
I'm not sure if he misunderstood the changes or is intentionally trolling.

1. It's true that you cannot convert current & borrowed points to hold in your HH account and must instead make an immediate reservation. HOWEVER:
-- (1) The reservation can be made for a hotel, not just "at another resort;"
-- (2) you can convert next year's points to hold 'em (that's unchanged); and
-- (3) while significant to some, this merely rolls back the policy to how it always was, before this year.

2. No where has it been said that they eliminated point-banking -- that's a fundamental TS attribute. You will be able to save 2018 points for use in 2019... you just have to wait until 2018 to do it. That's becuz point-banking can now only be done with same-year points. It's "depositing" future-year points that disappeared.

Thank you for clarifying point number 2 that saving points to the next year is still a club benefit. However, while I knew that you can't save points more than once, I didn't know you had to wait until 2018 to save your 2018 points into 2019. I guess it really isn't necessary to save 2018 points this early anyway since you can wait until December 31 to save your 2018. Waiting until November or early December 2018 would be good to avoid the late December rush.