• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cathedral Ledge Resort, Intervale, New Hampshire

vvvaughan

Reaction score
I just purchased a timeshare at CLR at auction. The main reason was the location and the excelent fixed week for viewing fall foliage in NH. Also the the condo units are very large sleeping up to 8 and are 3200 sf. The few reviews I found outside of TUG were average to good and seemed as though there were some positive changes happening. One indicated new property managers within the last year or so.

Then, I joined TUG and read the reviews here. Now I am real worried about the property as a result. :eek: However, the TUG comments pretty old. It was most commonly referred to as one of the worst timeshare properties.

Would anyone have recent experience with CLR that would be useful? I havent signed any contract yet but have processed the payment.

liborn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trip Advisor has recent review..

I usually don't trust the negative comments from Trip Advisor but this one you might enjoy and it was done June. 2008..I also checked with Redweek but zero reviews..
Hopefully another TUG member can assist as well.
Remember..all timeshare are not diamonds,,but some are diamonds in the rough.
Enjoy

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ndominium_Resort-Intervale_New_Hampshire.html

Debbie0329

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a Good Location...

Hi,

I live about 10 minutes from your new timeshare...

The location is pretty good - you can get to a lot of places from here. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the insides or the management.

If I can help with things to do, restaurants, etc. please don't hesitate to contact me!

Deb

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the Debbie and the tripadvisor report. The location is great, but you would be disappointed if you expected a sprawling resort with tons of amenities that you may find with a larger TS chain.
Think of it as a place to "hang your hat" when your through enjoying the activities of the area.
It's been a while since I stayed there, but many New England timeshares are older structures and need the occasional updating and minor repair (I own at a similar resort in NH). Furniture and fixtures may be outdated, but IMO, as long as it's clean and functional it should be OK.
I don't know how much you are paying for your annual MF, but a basic motel in that area during foliage season would probably cost $700+ for a week.

vvvaughan

Reaction score
I agree with the Debbie and the tripadvisor report. The location is great, but you would be disappointed if you expected a sprawling resort with tons of amenities that you may find with a larger TS chain.
Think of it as a place to "hang your hat" when your through enjoying the activities of the area.
It's been a while since I stayed there, but many New England timeshares are older structures and need the occasional updating and minor repair (I own at a similar resort in NH). Furniture and fixtures may be outdated, but IMO, as long as it's clean and functional it should be OK.
I don't know how much you are paying for your annual MF, but a basic motel in that area during foliage season would probably cost $700+ for a week.

Thanks for the responses. Good advice. However, I was trying to find first hand information from someone with recent experience at the resort.

Just to clarify...I am not expecting a 5 star resort but (as you put it perfectly) a "place to hang our hat". My alarm comes from the threads on TUG regarding the "worst timeshare experiences" and other threads that TUG users indicated horrible conditions of the property and overall horrible "worst ever" experiences coming from several well traveled users. However, the threads were from 2005 and 2006. Supposedly new property managers have taken over and made some improvements. One recent review was quite positive regarding the condition. I was hoping someone could corroborate the recent positive reviews with first hand information. I have called the resort and they were excited (and seemingly suprised) that some reviews were actually good. That reaction directly from the property was a bit disappointing because it indicated that there may not be any significant changes made to explain the better recent reviews. I hope that gives you a better idea of my perspective and the kind of information I was hoping to get from this posting.