• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Car rentals on St. Croix

cwbill1

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I will be spending a week on St. Croix next March. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for a car rental. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've only been once. I rented from Hertz. The car was ready when I got there, people were friendly and car was clean. I didn't do any price comparison. I loved St. Croix. It's now my favorite VI. It's what the Caribbean should be. Enjoy

Water dog

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have rented numerous times with Judy of Croix. They meet you at the airport and take you offsite to complete the paperwork. When leaving, you leave the car in the lot with no need to check out. They usually are cheaper than the on airport national brands, although cars may not be as new. The only other agency we have used is Budget. There is always a line to pick up your car and their customer service is not good. I have read good reports for Centerline also but don't have any experience with them.

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also used Judy of St Croix. Great company with personal service.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I won't make any offers of advice for a car company. We were there for only a day from a cruise excursion and used Budget near the port. My biggest advice is potholes. Watch for the potholes. Even on what seems like well traveled streets.

Roydi

Reaction score
My wife and I will be spending a week on St. Croix next March. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for a car rental. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
My wife and I were there in May 2016 on a dive trip with my daughter and her husband. Stayed at the Hotel on the Cay in the harbor in Christiansted. There is a boardwalk that circles the downtown harbor in Christiansted. We found a very reasonably priced rental car company by the name of "Centerline car rental" just off the boardwalk in Christiansted. They're phone number is 888-288-8755. They are also located at the airport as well as mid island. We also discovered that by using google maps on our smart phone with the GPS turned on, you can pretty well navigate the whole island just like in the states.