• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can't change the number of guest at the website.

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
I just learned that the number of guests cannot be changed at the website.
You have to contact Club Service.

I have two reservations right now. One is shown on the availability chart and the other isn't.
I could click the ones shown on the chart but the number of guests is not shown on the next page.

Yes, you have to send email or give a call to HGVC to change the number of guests.
I hope HGVC will make improvement. It's a waste of our time and theirs.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I'm not sure why this matters, they ask for all guest names at check in anyway, you can list up to the room occupancy. I thought it was only used as a filter on the website when searching.

I always pick the maximum number when making the reservation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
Maybe it doesn't matter at all. But I am just wondering why such an easy update cannot be done at the website.

To be more specific, when you can find the same room for the same dates, you can update the number of guests as if you would change the whole reservation.
However, if you cannot find any availability, your reservation is not shown on the availability chart and you cannot touch your reservation. I find it very strange and poor architecture.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Sometimes I put down the maximun number and sometimes I just put down 2. I never correct because I have always been asked during check-in.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Interesting, i never noticed this limitation. I have never had a problem with having the wrong number of people on an HGVC reservation. Every once in a while on my hotel stays, i notice they match the number of towels in the room to the number of guests listed on the reservation. That's usually in Europe..

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just learned that the number of guests cannot be changed at the website.
You have to contact Club Service.

I have two reservations right now. One is shown on the availability chart and the other isn't.
I could click the ones shown on the chart but the number of guests is not shown on the next page.

Yes, you have to send email or give a call to HGVC to change the number of guests.
I hope HGVC will make improvement. It's a waste of our time and theirs.
The default is always two. I could not change it and call HGVC. They said it did not matter that it shows 2 persons on my 2 bedrooms reservation. It allows max of 6. They said that we can change be either by calling them, or cancel and reserve again on the website. I tried to change reservation, it did not work unless you choose a different resort, dates.... I told HGVC that I did not like it. They should make it more user friendly to reduce call volume. They should put the default to the max occupancy.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The default is always two. I could not change it and call HGVC. They said it did not matter that it shows 2 persons on my 2 bedrooms reservation. It allows max of 6. They said that we can change be either by calling them, or cancel and reserve again on the website. I tried to change reservation, it did not work unless you choose a different resort, dates.... I told HGVC that I did not like it. They should make it more user friendly to reduce call volume. They should put the default to the max occupancy.

If they default to max you will only see 2 bedroom units. The selection filters the search results. Just remember to update the search parameters before you book the reservation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
change be either by calling them, or cancel and reserve again

Changing a club reservation by cancelling and rebooking will require another $79 (phone)/ $59 (online) fee for most users. So calling a CC would be the best option for most users or just wait until you get to the resort.

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
I was thinking that HGVC checks the number of guests for room preparation or some other purposes.
But it appears that they do not care.

Judging from my latest experiences, you could change the number of guests just like you change the whole
reservation. But to do so, you must have the same room type available in the same period. If you cannot
make change at the website, you need to call Club Service or you tell them at check-in.

I really hope HGVC will improve the website.

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Changing a club reservation by cancelling and rebooking will require another $79 (phone)/ $59 (online) fee for most users. So calling a CC would be the best option for most users or just wait until you get to the resort.

Right, unless you are elite premier.