• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancel Reservation not working

jayejayeg

Reaction score
Our plans have changed slightly, and I'm trying to cancel something 35 days out after booking a smaller unit. When I click Cancel Reservation it does nothing and the reservation is still listed under My Reservations. :/ I guess if I can't get it cancelled tonight I'll have to try again tomorrow or call in. GRRR

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
My guess is it's an old (pre May 19) registration.

I had just a couple of them. No rhyme or reason. Reservations made at the same time were cancellable while random ones were not.

It takes a call to Owner Care (I would call 800-251-8736 -- Option 3 -- seems to be the best (least) hold time and is often actually answered by Owner Care and they'll be able to assist you without transferring you around (adding to your hold time)).

Likely they will not be able to cancel it either. But they will notate on your account that you called (you want to track that, too (date and time in case you need to call again). They send a ticket to triage who will eventually cancel the reservation and credit your points. Likely it will always show for you as a reservation. I was right at 15 days and they didn't cancel it till 5 days after checkin.

Sadly that means a room sat empty. But I did get the points. It'll look like this in your transaction history (you won't have good traceability but you'll have your points):

upload_2017-7-23_21-9-22.png

If you need your points right away I got the feeling they would escalate it and credit the points sooner.

Good luck!

jayejayeg

Reaction score
It is one that I made on June 29, 2017, and when I hit Cancel Reservation, it will go to a separate Cancel Reservation page where I have "Do Not Continue" and "Cancel Reservation" buttons. When I click on the "Cancel Reservation" button, I get the blue spinny wait cursor and no confirmation that it was cancelled... and it still shows up in the list of My Reservations. I will try to cancel it again tomorrow, and if that doesn't work I guess I will call Owner Care.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had one that I had to call on to get cancelled also. The returned points look like the following screenshot. The reservation was in June, but I finally got them called in July to get the points back.
upload_2017-7-23_21-53-34.png

Reaction score
Wyndham's choice of words is amazing. I also had reservations that would not cancel. This required 2 calls. The eve of day 15, the reservation would not cancel. I called to report this on the afternoon of day 14, where they created a ticket, told me to wait 48 hours, and then chewed me out and told me that they would consider refunding my points as a one time courtesy because I had waited to call until the afternoon of day 14 as compared to first thing in the morning of day 14. I pointed out that I was at work and not able call in the morning knowing the hold times were running 45 to 90 minutes, plus the only reason I needed to call was because their new and improved website did not work. I then called again 3 weeks later as the reservation still showed and the points had not been returned, was transferred to a very polite OC who accomplished the point refund. Their choice of the words "goodwill award" is interesting. Their system did not work - they do not have the staff to support the phone lines - I spent 2.5 hours on hold between the 2 calls - I was chewed out. Yet, they use words that sound like they are doing me a favor. "Goodwill"

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham has the power ... the agent(s) could have just hung up on you ... both times.

That tells me the call center staff is at the "I don't want the overtime; I need a new job." phase of life. And call center service will just get worst.

jayejayeg

Reaction score
I spent a good part of my lunch hour on hold, only to seemingly be hung up on. Someone picked up and then the call was gone. :-/

But I did get through to someone via Owner Care who also could not cancel that reservation for me. She mentioned something about problems with the payment system, so perhaps there is a[nother] known issue? IDK. She made notes on my account and added the confirmation number for the one that I want to cancel, and then put in a ticket for me to see if support could get it cancelled.