• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cat Thy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace - Upgrade To grand Luxxe
Hi Everybody. Excuse me if this has been posted before. There are so many threads and I'm in a little bit of a panic as I leave to go home Monday ( today is Saturday) and I need to cancel my private residence contract at Nuevo Vallarta. I previously owned at the same location but at Cascades. We went to a owners update on Friday July 14 at their Los Cabo's location where they sweet talked us ( I should have known better!) into upgrading to a Grand Luxxe Loft with all bells and whistles. They gave me the whole talk about it could be rented out for income, showed me what per day it would cost normally on the website and said I could charge 3x that amount ... etc etc. They told me I would have 2 weeks a year in a Grand Luxxe loft which allow me twice the opportunity to rent it out. While reading my contract later Friday night I realized I only have 1 registered week (odd number year) and as a bonus a week every even number year. So essentially 1 week a year.

I went down to member services today (Saturday July 15) wanting to cancel my contract and reinstating my old contract which they used to upgrade into the contract I now want to get out of. The salesperson (Ricardo) we sold me the upgrade said I wasn't making any sense and in fact have 2 weeks a year in the Grand Luxxe. And that they had to word it that way to preserve the "low" sales price of the upgrade. I wasn't hearing any of this and handed him a rescind letter signed by me and the co-member. He then passed me along to someone who he said was a "manager" and then that gentlemen ( I believe his name was Jorhay) began to tell me I actually have 3 weeks in the Grand Luxxe loft a year. When I explained what I read in my contract and how I felt mislead. He insisted I was confused. I knew he was trying to sale me on something so I immediately told him (in a raised voice as I was getting angry at this point) I just want to cancel my contract I don't have faith in this company . I told him I know about article 56 and my ability to cancel without penalty 5 business after my purchase. They asked for my contract, which I left in the room, to which I told them they have a copy in house to look at. Sales Rep Manager steps away from the table and starts talking amongst other workers and comes back and tells me I need to bring my contract in order for my cancellation to go through. I ask him once again for clarification that all I need is my contract in order to cancel the contract. Sales Manager replies yes and I leave to grab it. I return later that day , contract in hand, where they tell me they can't do cancellation on weekends as it's not a business day. I need to make an appointment with a member services rep. I tell them I leave on Monday morning which he replies let me text (Ricardo, my original salesperson) to see what time I can come in and speak to someone. I wait 10 minutes and they tell me come back Monday at 9 to see Frank. My flight is at 1130 that morning. I'm afraid they are going to stall knowing I will need to leave by 10 to catch flight as the airport is 30-40 mins away. Help! What should I do. This a really large upgrade purchase and as I am still in the 5 day window I want to make sure to cancel and get my deposit back. Which is another thing. I signed up for that RCI elite barclay Credit Card to pay 10,000 for the down payment. I don't have a card number yet or account. How do I go about contacting them to make sure I get my deposit back?

Please any advice will help. I'm so mad at myself for trusting them with good faith. Ugh! All I want my deposit back, out of this very expensive new contract and to get my old contract reinstated (when I upgraded my old contracted was voided) .

Thank you All in advance

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind via MAIL, not face to face. They are trained to counter any argument, sweeten the pot, lie and promise the Moon. If any doubt take a taxi to PROFECO, who will help you reinstate what you already own. There is a group Mayan email to owner services and the name they use is Karen Rose. Do a search here in TUG for the links.

Sorry it happened, and I hope you can set it straight. Good Luck!

Jim

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Make sure you snail mail a copy of your rescind letter and get a receipt so you have proof it was done within the 5 days .

Head office for Vidanta Member Services is at their Nuevo Vallara location
I would also mail a copy there as well.

I believe once done - your contract will revert to your Vidanta Cascades brand level
contract .

Last edited:

Cat Thy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rescind via MAIL, not face to face. They are trained to counter any argument, sweeten the pot, lie and promise the Moon. If any doubt take a taxi to PROFECO, who will help you reinstate what you already own. There is a group Mayan email to owner services and the name they use is Karen Rose. Do a search here in TUG for the links.

Sorry it happened, and I hope you can set it straight. Good Luck!

Jim

Thank You Jim. I will definitely search for Karen Rose and contact her. I will definitely send mail too. It's worrying me sick so I wanted to see if I could straighten it out before heading home Monday. But I will definitely follow your advice. The 5 days that I am allowed to cancel do not include weekends right? I just want to make sure. I wrote my letter based off a sample I found on a Mexican consumer site. It states I know my rights to cancel my contract within 5 days per Act 56. Listed my contract number. Amount of down payment I paid and the contract number I want reinstated. I also wrote I sent emails to profeco , arda and vidanta customer service and registered mail to the customer service address listed in contract , but I will be sure to send to the main membership address another user had posted . Is there anything else you think I should include? Thank you so much for your help. I am writing down your advice as I type .

Do you think I will able to get my deposit back? 10,000 is a lot to me. I don't have the actual credit card yet. Can I dispute the charge even without a account number?

Cat Thy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Make sure you snail mail a copy of your rescind letter and get a receipt so you have proof it was done within the 5 days .

Head office for Vidanta Member Services is at their Nuevo Vallara location
I would also mail a copy there as well.

I believe once done - your contract will revert to your Vidanta Cascades brand level
contract .

Thank you for giving me the main membership address. I will be sure to send it snail mail ( registered with return receipt) there as well. I really hope they reinstate the previous contract; it's already paid for.