*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Can you grill hot dogs for a crowd and keep them warm in a crock pot??

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by dixie, Aug 3, 2010.

1. dixie

dixie TUG Member

I need to take hot dogs for a crowd. I wonderded if I can grill them first and then take them in a crock pot to keep them warm? Do they become rubbery or dried out? Do the ones on the bottom burn? Should I put a little water in the botton?
    thanks for any info!

2. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

It's the perfect way to hold them. Put some liquid in the bottom. I put beer in there, but your taste may vary. Water with a bouillon cube would be fine too. About 1-2". You'll see the professional brat and hot-dog carts do it the same way.

Jim Ricks

3. MichaelColey

MichaelColey TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I've seen hamburger patties done the same way. A friend of ours makes a mix of BBQ and 7 Up to put burgers in. Keeps them warm and juicy and has a good flavor. Water and a bouillon cube sounds great for hot dogs, etc.

4. AwayWeGo

AwayWeGo TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Boil First, Then Grill.

Some of the best hot dogs we've had were boiled up nice & fat & kept in a pot simmering by the grill. Right before serving, they went on the gas or charcoal grill briefly, just for flavor.

Yum.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA. ​

5. pkyorkbeach

pkyorkbeach TUG Member

YUM

It is almost lunch time too!!

Great ideas. I will keep this in mind myself

6. Kay H

Kay H TUG Member

Just make sure that the crock pot is already heated when you put the hot dogs in.

7. ricoba

ricoba TUG Member

When I first read the title I thought, yuck no, but I obviously I am dead wrong. :eek: :D

TUGGERS are a very knowledgeable bunch about lots and lots of things!:whoopie: :whoopie: